Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Music Review: Banky W- High Notes Is Brilliant! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Review: Banky W- High Notes Is Brilliant! (874 Views)

Banky W – Blessing Me (Video) / #SouthAfricanMusicAwards: Man In Cloth Made Of Currency Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Music Review: Banky W- High Notes Is Brilliant! by safarigirl(f): 10:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
So Banky W's latest jam, High Notes was released today and is just musical genius!....but what else do we expect when Naija's RnB king teams up with the amazing Cobhams Asuquo?

Basically, this song, like the title, is about making a certain girl hit the 'high notes' wink

There are lots of enjoyable things about this song, so i'll just break it down into 2

1) The Beat: I mean, this is by far Cobhams' best beat ever as far as i'm concerned. The mix was just exceptional. Very sensual in nature and a far cry from the pangolo music Nigerians are used to. But even at that, it's just so enjoyable, danceable....reminds me of Kelly Rowland's 'Motivation'(and I can definitely imagine some oiled up, buff dudes grinding to this beat grin)....if there wasn't a healthy dose of pidgin and Yoruba, you would never believe it's a naija jam....

When will Cobhams get his best producer award abeg....this beat is just....in fact, y'all must hear it to judge.

2) Lyrically Loaded: Banky W has proven his versatility. He's like Naija's T-Pain- He sings AND He Raps....and drops some cool bars on this cool jam. No one was ever able to make sexual innuendos come off as so harmless.

Will drop some of my best lines:

"....you're so hot baby you're blazing and I like playing with fire"

"..they(girls) think that they can walk in your shoes, but they can't afford your Giuseppe'

"I love how you stay fit and tonight I'm eating healthy"

"she said all men are dogs, I told her i'm just a different pedigree/ so she just went and got down on her knees and started blessing me"

"...be working on you like i'm cracking a code/ I can make you a star are you ready to blow"

He hit the notes where it was necessary, hit hard with the lines where it mattered and the effect was mos def explosive.

The song was so good, BBCAfrica had to tweet about it. The video I hear, is on it's way (hope there's an abundance of hotties wink)

For now, enjoy the amazing audio/lyric video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLy3XmJ-3Js

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Music Review: Banky W- High Notes Is Brilliant! by RapLawd(m): 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2015
make i dload first
Re: Music Review: Banky W- High Notes Is Brilliant! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
How?

(1) (Reply)

New Music : Iyanya Ft. Ikpa Udo & Upper X – Ayaya [vibez9ja_com_ng] / Photo:-obaflow Agbawo And Pasuma,small Doctor,baba Ijesha / VIDEO: Always Oluwaseun Ft. Rocksteady - “ejika Mi”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.