Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests (1722 Views)

Buhari’s Certificate: Defence Minister Flays Minimah Over Scandal / Dr Dakuku At The Wedding Ceremony Of Minimah's Daughter - Former Chief Of Army / Former Chief-Of-Army-Staff, Minimah Hands Over To New COAS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by gratiaeo(m): 12:19am On Aug 06, 2015
Former Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lieutenant General Kenneth Minimah has blamed the escalation of Boko Haram terrorism on its use to advance sectional, tribal, religious and political interests.
Minimah made the allegation in his valedictory speech during a pulling out parade in his honour at the Army Headquarters Garrison, Mogadishu Cantonment Abuja.
“perhaps if we had all stood against the terrorists at the onset through public condemnation of their activities and active collaboration with the military to confront them,” Nigeria wouldn't be where it is now, he agued.
“Rather than use it as a tool to advance sectional, tribal, religious and political interests…we must therefore support our government and security forces to tackle the current security challenges,” he stated.
Minimah noted that his appointment came when the nation was going through one of the worse crisis in its history and Boko Haram terrorism reaching unprecedented heights in the country, with the army and security agencies helpless to address the situation.
He added that; “I was confronted with the decay in the Service due to long periods of neglect the army had suffered,” adding that the army needed to harness its capabilities and optimize its capacity to deal with the challenges that bedeviled the country.
Minimah explained that prioritizing efforts to enhance operational readiness improved training, modernization of equipment and enhance welfare inspired and rekindled the fighting spirit back in the troops.
“I am happy to state that the story is different today, and the situation is better than I met it. Today, the country is more secure and stable. The ability of Boko Haram terrorists to confront our security forces in open combat is virtually non-existent,” he stated.
Minimah lamented that for long the nation has toyed with the health and vitality of its military, urging that this is the time to invest in the armed forces by providing the necessary resources and political environment to recruit, train, equip, kit and remunerate its Service men.
He also called on the media not to promote the activities of terrorists over those of security forces or join some foreign adversarial media to castigate or malign troops who sacrifice their lives for the security of the country.

www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/news-menu/news/61832-sectional-religious-interest-helped-boko-haram-minimah

1 Like

Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by nerodenero: 12:39am On Aug 06, 2015
The fight against terror is a fight that must be won.
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by ERODEDEAST(f): 12:54am On Aug 06, 2015
Attack on Boko Haram is Attack on the North - Boo.hari

FG stop killing Boko Haram Members - Boo.hari

7 Likes

Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by vicadex07(m): 1:12am On Aug 06, 2015
ERODEDBRAIN grin
ERODEDEAST:

1 Like

Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by ERODEDEAST(f): 1:12am On Aug 06, 2015
vicadex07:
ERODEDBRAIN grin
vicafool
grin

9 Likes

Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by vicadex07(m): 1:26am On Aug 06, 2015
grin grin grin
ERODEDEAST:
vicafool grin
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by ERODEDEAST(f): 1:29am On Aug 06, 2015
vicadex07:
grin grin grin
Guy later abeg nor kill me
grin grin grin
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by omogin(f): 2:35am On Aug 06, 2015
Violence pays, but only in Nigeria.
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by Vicadonis(m): 2:58am On Aug 06, 2015
Na now this guy mouth open?
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by ITSAWRAPP: 3:06am On Aug 06, 2015
We shall overcome some day, VERY soon

1 Like

Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by Aromas: 3:08am On Aug 06, 2015
Vicadonis:
Na now this guy mouth open?
How he no go open? I thank God 4 him..... Wish Minimah maximum jolly after service.
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by ogba20: 3:20am On Aug 06, 2015
vicadex07:
ERODEDBRAIN grin
. So why saying it now? I wont take u serious minimah. Ur pmb has used it to achieve president. So keep quiet. Ever man
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by luvinhubby(m): 5:11am On Aug 06, 2015
True talk.
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by TheUmmah: 5:15am On Aug 06, 2015
grin My friend shut up there! Bloody peppersoup general! Na now when you dey unemployed you don sabi the causes as well as the solution? Nonsense! Probe dey come soon!
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by Realisticman: 6:01am On Aug 06, 2015
How do you want the locals to corporate with you when you tagged anyone with muslims regalia as a terrorist; kill them indiscriminately; destroy their homes all in the fight against terrorism?
Do not tell me that you don't have motivation after all the billions voted for the same motivation.
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by highmood(m): 6:03am On Aug 06, 2015
Minimah, is simply not far from the truth. Where are all those that accused the ex-president of sponsoring or not doing much to curtail the activities of the sect. Even the BBOG group have gone to sleep since thier aim have been achieved. Nigeria will still have a long way to go if this tribal and ethnic sentiments still plays out. Well I wish the president well.

1 Like

Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by fitzmayowa: 6:10am On Aug 06, 2015
Am inclined to agree with minimah on this most comment from the northern elite as regards BH was a big pointer to that...

They would rather gather themselves and protest concerning issues that has to do with Israel(with posters like death to israel, death to america etc), than protest against the killing and maiming of innocent nigerians in that region...SMH

1 Like

Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:12am On Aug 06, 2015
Nigeria has too many burdens weighing her down. One of them is ethnicity, the other one is religion.

My fear is that in the future it's going to be worse, if what we see young people write here is anything to go by.

That we are one Nigeria is a farce. But will dividing Nigeria solve our problems? NO, it won't
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by aresa: 6:22am On Aug 06, 2015

Super story by worthless and incompetent Clowns and comedians...
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by fitzmayowa: 6:24am On Aug 06, 2015
ogba20:
. So why saying it now? I wont take u serious minimah. Ur pmb has used it to achieve president. So keep quiet. Ever man

Well you might not be far away from the truth @bolded, because what the then opposition did was to capitalise on the BH saga to campaign and attack every move of the previous administration to tackle the BH issue...

They never gave any support, they would rather go to maiduguri and place a campaign poster there about ending terrorism, not giving a damn that terrorism is a nigerian issue and not a means to get votes...SMH
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by otukpo(f): 6:24am On Aug 06, 2015
Whatever one sows, that he reaps.
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by Kingkamal(m): 6:28am On Aug 06, 2015
ERODEDEAST:

Not only buhari... even me I said it and I repeated
Boko Haram war is a revenge for civil war may be you are thinking with your asss that's why you can't see it... alqaida, alshabab, ISIS are just the same medium to portray such evil agenda against Muslim but God is always with us and we must conquer the world sooner or later without even carrying a sword...
Since the inception of BH no any bomb blast recorded in the South in the name of Boko Haram do you mean is that a coincidence

Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by owobokiri(m): 6:30am On Aug 06, 2015
Realisticman:
How do you want the locals to corporate with you when you tagged anyone with muslims regalia as a terrorist; kill them indiscriminately; destroy their homes all in the fight against terrorism?
Do not tell me that you don't have motivation after all the billions voted for the same motivation.

SOME, locals suppourted the jihadists and helped with their recruitment and as such made the job of the military a bit hard. Others joined the security agencies and became formidable allies in the in the war against boko haram, eg; the civilian JTF. . The choice is yours as to which side to join but that decision came/comes with enermous consequences. . We always talk about millions voted for the military as if we don't know what happens to these monies. . Most of the funds are meant for the overhead costs. So while corruption is rife, the bloated compensation policies of the government can also be blamed for this problem. .

Also, because of deliberate attempts to defang the military, starting from babangidas regime, the armed forces were never equiped to the level needed to make them efficient fighters. What we had was a boys scout brigade weilding AKs. Obasanjo doubled down on this policies and by the time boko haram became a serious menace, the army was no more ready.. So , yes, corruption helped destroy this military. But singling one army officer for maximum lampooning is a bit unfair. It took years of persistent planning to degrade tthis military.
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by fitzmayowa: 6:30am On Aug 06, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
Nigeria has too many burdens weighing her down. One of them is ethnicity, the other one is religion.

My fear is that in the future it's going to be worse, if what we see young people write here is anything to go by.

That we are one Nigeria is a farce. But will dividing Nigeria solve our problems? NO, it won't

One nigeria is indeed a scam, there is nothing like that...

Dividing the country might be the way to go, because as it stands now the country already divided on ethnic and religious line, sharia in the north another set of law in the south...

Chidi can not go to kano and contest for gubernatorial election, a mohammed abubakar can not go to abia and contest for election etc and yet we scream one nigeria...SMH
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by fitzmayowa: 6:32am On Aug 06, 2015
Kingkamal:

Boko Haram war is a revenge for civil war may be you are thinking with your asss that's why you can't see it... alqaida, alshabab, ISIS are just the same medium to portray such evil agenda against Muslim but God is always with us and we must conquer the world sooner or later without even carrying a sword...
Since the inception of BH no any bomb blast recorded in the South in the name of Boko Haram do you mean is that a coincidence

What is this one talking about So in your mind it is the south that decided to start bombing the north right I guess it was a southerner that started the BH movement right I guess mohammed yusuf the founder of BH is from anambra right I guess shekau is also from lagos right

So you expect bombs to start going off in the south to proof that BH is not a southern agenda right What kind of reasoning and crappy conspiracy theory is this

Well I shouldn't expect anything better from your post since you stated that the government should have allowed BH a free ride, don't you religious affiliation blind you to the obvious truth...
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by Kingspin(m): 6:43am On Aug 06, 2015
We know about it.
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by UncleJudax(m): 7:34am On Aug 06, 2015
Kingkamal:

So, in essence, Muslims are being used to kill themselves by non-muslims? shocked
All the bombings at churches and shiit...you were in Mecca when they happened?

Hahahaha...humor me... grin
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by ERODEDEAST(f): 8:13am On Aug 06, 2015
[s]
Kingkamal:

[/s]
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by LagosBoi2(m): 8:34am On Aug 06, 2015
U self wan rope yourself like ur bro abi?
Re: Minimah: BH A Tool to Advance Political, sectional and Religious Interests by olumuyiolaoluwa: 12:23pm On Aug 06, 2015
Nigeria we hail thee.

(1) (Reply)

Stolen Funds: South African Online Platform Mocks Nigeria / Criminal Acts Of Sen.bukola Saraki You Dont Know About. / Boko Haram Attacks Giedam Town In Yobe State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.