Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Obama: Abandoning Iran Nuclear Deal Could Mean War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama: Abandoning Iran Nuclear Deal Could Mean War (484 Views)

Ex-ministers Angry With Jonathan For ‘abandoning’ Them With EFCC / Boko Haram Terrorists On The Run Abandoning Foodstuffs And Vehicles (photos) / Obama: Abandoning Iran Nuclear Deal Could Mean War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama: Abandoning Iran Nuclear Deal Could Mean War by Bsc(m): 5:16am On Aug 06, 2015
US President Barack Obama has defended the international
nuclear agreement with Iran and warned the US Congress
that blocking the pact could spark a war in the Middle East.
Obama's speech at a Washington university came after
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu launched a
campaign on Wednesday to mobilize Jewish Americans to
urge the Republican-led Congress to thwart the historic
agreement.
"It is a very good deal," Obama said.
"Every nation in the world that has commented publicly with
the exception of the Israeli government has expressed
support," Obama said.
"I recognise (Israeli) Prime Minister Netanyahu disagrees,
disagrees strongly - I do not doubt his sincerity - but I
believe he is wrong."
Under the agreement reached between Iran and a group of
six world powers known as the P5+1, the countries agreed to lift economic sanctions against Iran in return for curbs on its nuclear programme.
Obama warned that abandoning the July 14 pact could
accelerate Tehran's path to a bomb and America's credibility around the world would be seriously damaged if it refused to abide by the terms of the deal in lifting sanctions against Iran.
[Reuters]

Re: Obama: Abandoning Iran Nuclear Deal Could Mean War by mysteriousman(m): 5:21am On Aug 06, 2015
K
Re: Obama: Abandoning Iran Nuclear Deal Could Mean War by thegoodone2(m): 6:07am On Aug 06, 2015
war
Re: Obama: Abandoning Iran Nuclear Deal Could Mean War by hakeem4(m): 6:12am On Aug 06, 2015
R
Re: Obama: Abandoning Iran Nuclear Deal Could Mean War by rawtouch: 6:28am On Aug 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Obama: Abandoning Iran Nuclear Deal Could Mean War by otukpo(f): 6:32am On Aug 06, 2015
I am yet to understand the mission of Obama.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Launches Probe Into Alleged Diversion Of $1billion Loan For Rail Projects / You Will Be Given Everything You Need To Crush Boko Haram - PMB / Thank God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.