Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,588 members, 7,847,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:15 PM

‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie (863 Views)

Afenifere, Okogie, Babatope, Others Reply Oyegun: "Buhari Will Lose 2019 If... / Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie / Buhari Not A Stupid Man, Nor A Fool, Says Okogie. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie by shachris02: 7:34am On Aug 06, 2015
The Archbishop Emeritus, Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos, Anthony Cardinal Okogie has yet again, urged Nigerians to be patient with President Muhammadu Buhari.

Cardinal Okogie said Buhari is not a stupid man nor a fool, to make hasty decisions or rush to solve problems.

Okogie said this on Wednesday, August 5, at an interactive session with newsmen in Lagos.

He said: “You know when you are entering a new job, you don’t rush; you got to take your time, because if you do not take your time you make a lot of mistakes. And right at his inauguration, he even mentioned it that the ground is rough; so he has to take his time to correct these things; I think that is what he is trying to do.”

“Don’t you see what he is doing now with the Boko Haram, he is meeting all the Head of States and that thing cannot just take one second or one day or one week, he is going to win them over. He is not a stupid man, he is not a fool and one thing I know he has in his head is that, he is no more a soldier so he has to take his time to make sure that things go the way they should go.”

“Some people are criticising this economy, one thing you have to know about the economy of Nigeria is completely destroyed by those who are supposed to be patriotic Nigerians. And what are they going to do with the money that they have syphoned, even those who are busy scooping patrol what is happening to them, what are they going to do with the money.”

“If we can only remember that one day we are going to leave all these things behind, we are not going to carry them, then the nation will move, but we are not allowing things to move. Thank God they say two of the refineries are back, it’s a good step, these are the signs of progress that I can see; but it’s going to take time; how long (it is going to take), am not God, (so) I can’t say.”

Source: http://ynaija.com/president-buhari-cardinal-okogie/

[size=18pt]Discuss More News on Naija Pips.com Forum[/size]

1 Like

Re: ‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie by ibolomo(m): 7:37am On Aug 06, 2015
My first plot of land
Re: ‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie by Mynd44: 7:37am On Aug 06, 2015
Stop being partisan cardinal.....

Why cant they just stick with the "Lets pray for our leaders that God should guide them" line

2 Likes

Re: ‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 06, 2015
HIS eminence shld not comment on political issues, I respect u sir.
Re: ‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie by donholy28(m): 7:40am On Aug 06, 2015
Then what is he?
Re: ‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie by temitemi1(m): 7:42am On Aug 06, 2015
U have made ur point sir cool
Re: ‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie by Abugab(m): 7:43am On Aug 06, 2015
God bless you my Cardinal, Bishop Emeritus.
There are too many Nigerians who like deluding themselves.
They hate truth and love lies.
I know they will come out now and start saying what business you have with politics not knowing that you were among those who fought for this democracy from the military.

2 Likes

Re: ‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie by boboLIL(m): 7:45am On Aug 06, 2015
Y wil he promise to eradicate boko. Haram within one week? He doesn't knw wah he is doin.....he is doin well by appointing muslims in all top position? God in ur mercy,,, hear our prayers...
Re: ‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie by otukpo(f): 7:46am On Aug 06, 2015
We agree.
Re: ‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 06, 2015
Abugab:
God bless you my Cardinal Emeritus.
I know they will come out now and start saying what business you have with politics not knowing that you were among those who fought for this democracy from the military.
Cardinal emeritus, Ni bo?
Re: ‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie by Demdem(m): 7:50am On Aug 06, 2015
To those with the inner mind, The Archbishop is basically saying what demdem has always been saying...........
Jonah-daft is a silly man and a fool. I agree completely with him.

2 Likes

Re: ‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie by owobokiri(m): 7:53am On Aug 06, 2015
Cardinal, Cardinal, Cardinal,. . How many times did this catholic call you? Just lay off this one. . . We will handle this pugnacious daurra irritant and might not need your guidance on this one. "Turn the other cheek" again? Sorry Cardinal, your subjects are being slapped deaf. . This man has declared war on certain sections of the country. We will meet him on the battle field. The gods can judge later. . .
Re: ‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie by bewla(m): 7:54am On Aug 06, 2015
Lets wait till September will find out
Re: ‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie by bonechamberlain(m): 8:48am On Aug 06, 2015
we don't know for now
Re: ‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie by Eziachi: 10:01am On Aug 06, 2015
Abugab:
God bless you my Cardinal, Bishop Emeritus.
When you fly, do you ask about the religion of the pilot and the stewards? When you are in the hospital operating theatre, do you normally ask the surgeon, nurses or the anaesthesia their religion?
So why is it a problem if a competent moslem is appointed into a position?
And you are supposed to educated and civilized. Thank God am not a Nigerian.
Re: ‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie by omolami: 10:08am On Aug 06, 2015
Cardinal okojie doing fine bara. He is broke and looking for money. I advise him to face what God has called him to do.; win souls for the Lord and leave politics which he little of
Re: ‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie by Eziachi: 10:18am On Aug 06, 2015
owobokiri:
Cardinal, Cardinal, Cardinal,. . How many times did this catholic call you? Just lay off this one. . . We will handle this pugnacious daurra irritant and might not need your guidance on this one. "Turn the other cheek" again? Sorry Cardinal, your subjects are being slapped deaf. . This man has declared war on certain sections of the country. We will meet him on the battle field. The gods can judge later. . .
No wonder that they call you guys: Wailers!
Buhari currently governing without rogue political ministers has shown what a waste of money it has been appointing them into positions, all along.

Buhari is nobody's fool. He knows that to get all the information he needed over what happened in the last 16 years, he had to keep out the politicians and sort information from civil servants ( permanent secretaries).

Compare Buhari's approach to Wike's approach, who borrowed billions within 48 hrs into office without first even sitting down to audit the financial state of his State and appointing legion of people first before even knowing what are to do.
I don't blame some of you really, because you are use to the usual fire brigade approach to governance which has got Nigeria nowhere , hence a more cautious approach seems irritant. You should wait to complain at least after 16 years, not after 3 months.
Re: ‘buhari Is Not A Stupid Man Nor A Fool’ – Cardinal Okogie by owobokiri(m): 10:46am On Aug 06, 2015
Eziachi:
No wonder that they call you guys: Wailers!
Buhari currently governing without rogue political ministers has shown what a waste of money it has been appointing them into positions, all along.

Buhari is nobody's fool. He knows that to get all the information he needed over what happened in the last 16 years, he had to keep out the politicians and sort information from civil servants ( permanent secretaries).

Compare Buhari's approach to Wike's approach, who borrowed billions within 48 hrs into office without first even sitting down to audit the financial state of his State and appointing legion of people first before even knowing what are to do.
I don't blame some of you really, because you are use to the usual fire brigade approach to governance which has got Nigeria nowhere , hence a more cautious approach seems irritant. You should wait to complain at least after 16 years, not after 3 months.

Oga Eziachi, good day.

For the records, I am a proud wailer.
The thrust of my initial post was as it regards the characters appointed , not necessarily the timing.
I am wailing against brazen nepotism and I wont stop wailing untill this irritant stops his scortched earth policies against the east. . There are no studies anywhere in the world that suggests there are more technocrats/patriots/decent civil servants from the north than the rest of the country, so why flood the whole place with his kinsmen? Are we going to replace one evil (corruption) with another evil (nepotism)?? Certainly, if merit is the yardstick, most of the people appointed so far won't be there. We have gone through this lane before, where we are told to be calm and circumspect because the oga at the top knows what he is doing. In the end, a skewed government service delivery empowers others at the expense of others. That is not change, that is shame.

(1) (Reply)

Rochas Okorochas Big Trouble In Little Imo. season 1 / #bh: Bomb Blast In A Market Killing 50 And Injured 52 / Stop Embarrassing Us, Oladele Nihi Tells Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.