Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,111 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

70th Anniversary Of US Bombing Of Japan And Nuclear Power Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 70th Anniversary Of US Bombing Of Japan And Nuclear Power Politics (675 Views)

IPOB Members Protest In The Streets Of Japan To Demand For Nnamdi Kanu's Release / Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants / Adesola Amosu Declares War On South-south Militants,Orders Air Bombing Of Creeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

70th Anniversary Of US Bombing Of Japan And Nuclear Power Politics by uncleinans(m): 12:16pm On Aug 06, 2015
Today August 6 marks the 70th anniversary of the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima. On August 9, the USA dropped another nuclear bomb on Nagasaki. Over 80,000 died in what I called the biggest terror attack on planet earth. Many historians claim that there was no strategic need for the nuclear bombing of Japan. Some others say that the goal of the United States in the bombing of Hiroshima & Nagasaki was to demonstrate the new weapon to the USSR. In the words of Damian Marley "guns are powers" & like Dr. Frank Mbagana would say, the most expensive currency in international relations is "power" & for you to be respected in international affairs, you need to possess some real power which means you need to own guns. Gaddafi asked this question in 2009 during UNGA summit that who made USA, UK, France, Russia and China P5? The answer is US, UK, Russia and France gave themselves that statues (they came together after WW2, formed UN & gave themselves P4 against Germany). Only China was voted to be part of the P5. All these state owns guns "Nuclear weapons". Now, Iran want to possess enormous powers to be able to stand tall among other states, Israel & others are opposing it. My question now is if bout 8 different state would, then why wont Iran own nuclear weapons & every other state that want to? They came up with some biased deal called Nuclear proliferation act that favours only few of them to ve nuclear weapons & said Iran has a radical government that can use Nuclear weapons in times of conflict & as we all know, in the history of the world, USA is the only state that has ever used Nuclear weapons to nuke Japan twice. They even formed terror groups such as Taliban & al-Qaida to fight then USSR out of Afghanistan and are currently supporting the terrorist fighting Syria legitimate government. If Iran want nuclear weapon, I think they should go ahead, US cannot ve guns and ask Iran not to, so that in times of conflict, they ll threaten Iran with nuclear weapons & nuke Iran if possible & Iran wont see nuclear weapons to retaliate. I support Israel right to its security, but seriously, if Israel & US would, then Iran also ve the right to. If we must know, two nuclear powers cannot & will never go to war because they might want to use nuclear weapons and that would spell the end for them both (USA & Russia almost tried it circa 1973 during the war between Israel and Egypt, Washington supported Israel then & Moscow was behind Egypt, it almost led to war but knowing they are both nuclear powers & using it ll end both state, they had to find more diplomatic solutions to the problem). So what they do is to threaten non nuclear state to succumb to their will. As it is, USA dear not go to war with North Korea because they wont be able stand it. North Korea in return can also threaten US and others just because they are nuclear power. Ever wonder why uncle Sam, poor north Korea & others spend more on military? In Damian Marley's voice "they fly go a moon & cant find food for the starving tommy's, pay no mind to the youth cause is not like the future depends on it". Wish we don't ve puppet as a leader, wish we ve a fearless strong man like Gaddafi, Abacha, Mugabe & Kim jong Un to build us nuclear weapon.
Emmanuel Adah.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1004970076189631&id=100000299433950&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1004970076189631&__tn__=*s
Re: 70th Anniversary Of US Bombing Of Japan And Nuclear Power Politics by madridguy(m): 12:17pm On Aug 06, 2015
AMERICA KILLING INNOCENT SINCE 18TH CENTURY.

RIP
Re: 70th Anniversary Of US Bombing Of Japan And Nuclear Power Politics by frankay430(m): 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2015
chisos
Re: 70th Anniversary Of US Bombing Of Japan And Nuclear Power Politics by Crieff(m): 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2015
70th anniversary?!

Well, this is an odd one to celebrate. Is this Platinum or ruby?
Re: 70th Anniversary Of US Bombing Of Japan And Nuclear Power Politics by fashiajones(m): 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2015
Nice article but I don't agree with the fearless leaders you mentioned in your writeup, I also strongly disagree with the usa bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki but I guess they did that in retaliation on the trick the Japanese played by bombing their territory. what we need right now is for Nigeria to improve, the change the masses voted for should lead to true fecundity and naija should begin to stand tall among African countries and shun all this p5 countries and we become the true giant of Africa..

(1) (Reply)

What Should I Do Apart From Prayer / How Yoruba Chose Awo As Their Leader — Osoba / ‘what Lawmakers Earn Is Not Too Much Compared With Their Obligations’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.