Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,530 members, 7,837,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Why Do Christians Still Believe In Reincarnation?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Still Believe In Reincarnation?? (1085 Views)

Reincarnation Proof: How To Remember Your Past Life The Easiest Way / Atheists Who Believe In Reincarnation , Spirits , Voodoo Share Their Knowledge / Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christians Still Believe In Reincarnation?? by Sweetrolly(m): 12:18pm On Aug 06, 2015
THIS ISSUE OF REINCARNATION HAS BEEN BOTHERING ME FOR A WHILE NOW BECAUSE A LOT OF CHRISTIANS BELIEVE IN REINCARNATION BUT FROM WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS THAT AFTER DEATH COMES JUDGEMENT AND THAT MEANS THAT WHEN SOMEONE DIES JUDGEMENT FOLLOWS AND IT MEANS THAT YOU WILL BE JUDGED ACCORDING TO YOUR DEEDS ON EARTH AND IT ALSO MEANS THAT AFTER YOU ARE BEING JUDGED TWO THINGS ARE INVOLVED WHICH ARE:

1 IF YOU ARE FOUND GUILTY ACCORDING TO YOUR DEEDS WHILE ON EARTH YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO A PLACE OF SUFFERING WHICH IS HE'LL FIRE

2 IF YOU ARE FOUND INNOCENT BASED ON YOUR GOOD DEEDS WHILE ON EARTH YOU WILL BE REWARDED WITH HEAVENLY CROWN AND A LIFE OF ENJOYMENT IN HEAVEN

SO I NOW WANT TO ASK SINCE AFTER DEATH COMES JUDGMENT WHY WOULD SOMEONE WHO MUST HAVE BEEN JUDGED STILL COME BACK TO THE WORLD IN FORM OF REINCARNATION?
WHY DO MANY CHRISTIANS BELIEVE IN THIS?

GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS?
Re: Why Do Christians Still Believe In Reincarnation?? by diamondpaul(m): 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2015
i dont know much abt being a christian but i knw d kind of our religions beliefs we haue re largely influence by customs beliefs, or tradition... nd so its expected in this part of the world.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Believe In Reincarnation?? by menesheh(m): 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2015
Awesome premises and conclusion. That's the contradictions from every angle you want to access and evaluate the stories and claims of christainity.

They said that our main purpose of coming here is to access freewill and decide whether or not to go to heaven and hell, and this access is once and for all, then one will die and await judgement day. The other way round is that one will still come back here on earth in next life (reincarnate). This is deliberate violation of the principle of non-contradiction.

Christainity indirectly encourage evil deeds by telling believers that their sin will be wide out and it will become as white as snow. By believing in reincarnation, one can take the risk of committing all sorts of vises in this life then await next life to make restitution to evils done in the previous life and jesus will still surely accept him back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Still Believe In Reincarnation?? by Eddlad: 1:32pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sweetrolly:
THIS ISSUE OF REINCARNATION HAS BEEN BOTHERING ME FOR A WHILE NOW BECAUSE A LOT OF CHRISTIANS BELIEVE IN REINCARNATION BUT FROM WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS THAT AFTER DEATH COMES JUDGEMENT AND THAT MEANS THAT WHEN SOMEONE DIES JUDGEMENT FOLLOWS AND IT MEANS THAT YOU WILL BE JUDGED ACCORDING TO YOUR DEEDS ON EARTH AND IT ALSO MEANS THAT AFTER YOU ARE BEING JUDGED TWO THINGS ARE INVOLVED WHICH ARE:

1 IF YOU ARE FOUND GUILTY ACCORDING TO YOUR DEEDS WHILE ON EARTH YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO A PLACE OF SUFFERING WHICH IS HE'LL FIRE

2 IF YOU ARE FOUND INNOCENT BASED ON YOUR GOOD DEEDS WHILE ON EARTH YOU WILL BE REWARDED WITH HEAVENLY CROWN AND A LIFE OF ENJOYMENT IN HEAVEN

SO I NOW WANT TO ASK SINCE AFTER DEATH COMES JUDGMENT WHY WOULD SOMEONE WHO MUST HAVE BEEN JUDGED STILL COME BACK TO THE WORLD IN FORM OF REINCARNATION?

From which premises do you base this your reincarnation you think Christians share.
I think you should up what the people who coined the word meant by it.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Believe In Reincarnation?? by Eddlad: 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2015
menesheh:
Awesome premises and conclusion. That's the contradictions from every angle you want to access and evaluate the stories and claims of christainity.

They said that our main purpose of coming here is to access freewill and decide whether or not to go to heaven and hell, and this access is once and for all, then one will die and await judgement day. The other way round is that one will still come back here on earth in next life (reincarnate). This is deliberate violation of the principle of non-contradiction.

Christainity indirectly encourage evil deeds by telling believers that their sin will be wide out and it will become as white as snow. By believing in reincarnation, one can take the risk of committing all sorts of vises in this life then await next life to make restitution to evils done in the previous life and jesus will still surely accept him back.

"Christianity indirectly encourage evil deeds"
By saying this it means non believers don' t indulge any social vices.Apart from the fact that you are wrong I would like to emphasis that people who commit vices don't need any eexcuse, premise or religion.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Still Believe In Reincarnation?? by menesheh(m): 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2015
Eddlad:

"Christianity indirectly encourage evil deeds"
By saying this it means non believers don' t indulge any social vices.Apart from the fact that you are wrong I would like to emphasis that people who commit vices don't need any eexcuse, premise or religion.

Thanks for your last sentence. What's the need for religion then since religion does nothing but rather encourages vices in some way or the other. Researches show that non-religious believer tends to commit less crime than religious believers, typical example is Japan. I used indirectly to elaborate how religion can encourage such, i didn't infer that as absolute.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Believe In Reincarnation?? by Eddlad: 3:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
menesheh:

Thanks for your last sentence. What's the need for religion then since religion does nothing but rather encourages vices in some way or the other. Researches show that non-religious believer tends to commit less crime than religious believers, typical example is Japan. I used indirectly to elaborate how religion can encourage such, i didn't infer that as absolute.

Where does most technological advancement that lead to sophisticated weaponry happen?.Most of these people and countries are not religious.

The quest for knowledge, development and supremacy have festered crimes and violence both directly and indirectly more than any religion ever will.

You line of reasoning is weak and narrow.( no offense)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Still Believe In Reincarnation?? by 5minsmadness: 3:09pm On Aug 06, 2015
Eddlad:

Where does most technological advancement that lead to sophisticated weaponry happen?.Most of these people and countries are not religious.

The quest for knowledge, development and supremacy have festered crimes and violence both directly and indirectly more than any religion ever will.

You line of reasoning is weak and narrow.( no offense)
. He just wants to argue with u. Go ahead if u have the energy.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Believe In Reincarnation?? by 5minsmadness: 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sweetrolly:

Two questions.

1. How were you able to type ALL CAPS and antispambot did not ban you?

2. Which Christians did you see that believes in reincarnation? They probably had traditional influences and we're not at the time exhibiting thier Christian faith.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Believe In Reincarnation?? by paxonel(m): 4:17pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sweetrolly:

op, reincarnation is real.
it is what the bible described as resurrection of the dead. read 1cor 15:35 to the end of the chapter.

(1) (Reply)

What Do Angels Look Like? / Grace Testimony From Malaysia : Sister Healed From Brain Injury / Non-fasting Muslims Arrested In Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.