Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Taking The 2016 Audi Tt’s Virtual Cockpit For A Spin For $42k Plus U Can Own 1 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Taking The 2016 Audi Tt’s Virtual Cockpit For A Spin For $42k Plus U Can Own 1 (2115 Views)

Man Turns A BMW Into A Hot Tub And Takes It For A Spin / Moaoun Designs An Audi R8 For Nigerian Roads (photos) / Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taking The 2016 Audi Tt’s Virtual Cockpit For A Spin For $42k Plus U Can Own 1 by Pebcak: 6:53pm On Aug 06, 2015
The new 2016 Audi TT virtual cockpit boasts high-definition, crystal-clear digital graphics, Google Earth imagery and navigation, haptic feedback, Google-like search, voice command operation and “just write” touch features.

The display is pretty slick, with 60fps PC gaming speeds and Nvidia’s quad-core Tegra 3 processing technology that is reminiscent of the Tesla Model S touchscreen control panel – boasting the same Nvidia Tegra chips. However, Audi’s virtual cockpit sits right in front of the driver instead of on the side and is on a super wide, 12.3 inch, 1440×540 pixel screen.

The interface is visible even in direct sunlight. Sharp 3D imagery with turn-by-turn navigation also comes in handy at night on dark, winding or unfamiliar roads.

The cockpit’s “classic” view includes the tachometer and speedometer on each side, with a section for mapping and infotainment in the center. Fuel, temperature and other important vehicle information run along the top and bottom of the display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQqWmuXVZ-M

http://techcrunch.com/2015/08/04/taking-the-2016-audi-tts-virtual-cockpit-for-a-spin/

We recently spent an afternoon with the 2016 Audi TT system to check out the future of the car company’s virtual cockpit technology.

Re: Taking The 2016 Audi Tt’s Virtual Cockpit For A Spin For $42k Plus U Can Own 1 by inze(m): 9:21pm On Aug 06, 2015
Na wa o, this car never do anything in terms of km and the Christmas light don lite-up
Re: Taking The 2016 Audi Tt’s Virtual Cockpit For A Spin For $42k Plus U Can Own 1 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 06, 2015
inze:
Na wa o, this car never do anything in terms of km and the Christmas light don lite-up

What ARE you talking about bro? undecided undecided
Re: Taking The 2016 Audi Tt’s Virtual Cockpit For A Spin For $42k Plus U Can Own 1 by Nobody: 5:31am On Aug 07, 2015
Siena:

What ARE you talking about bro? undecided undecided

He's referring to the check engine light
Re: Taking The 2016 Audi Tt’s Virtual Cockpit For A Spin For $42k Plus U Can Own 1 by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 07, 2015
noxide:

He's referring to the check engine light

It's normal in most cars IF the ignition is switched on, but the engine is NOT running.
Re: Taking The 2016 Audi Tt’s Virtual Cockpit For A Spin For $42k Plus U Can Own 1 by inze(m): 3:55pm On Aug 07, 2015
Siena:

It's normal in most cars IF the ignition is switched on, but the engine is NOT running.

That engine is running, look at the rpm
Re: Taking The 2016 Audi Tt’s Virtual Cockpit For A Spin For $42k Plus U Can Own 1 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
inze:

That engine is running, look at the rpm

Dude, that mark up from the start of the scale is the needle's rest point. The pre-2016 TT and TTRS were the same. Flick the ignition on, it drops down briefly in self-test mode, then returns to that second mark. The speedo and temp / fuel gauges do the same.

Watch the video too, it will also confirm the engine is not running.
Re: Taking The 2016 Audi Tt’s Virtual Cockpit For A Spin For $42k Plus U Can Own 1 by inze(m): 8:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
Siena:

Dude, that mark up from the start of the scale is the needle's rest point. The pre-2016 TT and TTRS were the same. Flick the ignition on, it drops down briefly in self-test mode, then returns to that second mark. The speedo and temp / fuel gauges do the same.

Watch the video too, it will also confirm the engine is not running.

. . . enough said

the picture posted by the op show's the engine is running. At position 'Park' without a running engine gives-out an indication "Off" underneath the park display while a running engine display "Ready"

that been said, the above engine is running and its got a check-engine light up. Period

Re: Taking The 2016 Audi Tt’s Virtual Cockpit For A Spin For $42k Plus U Can Own 1 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 07, 2015
inze:

. . . enough said

the picture posted by the op show's the engine is running. At position 'Park' without a running engine gives-out an indication "Off" underneath the park display while a running engine display "Ready"

that been said, the above engine is running and its got a check-engine light up. Period

Of is ignition turned off.

Ready is when the conditions that allow the engine to start have been met.

So transmission in P (Tiptronic) brake pedal depressed.
Manual transmission is in neutral, clutch pedal is depressed.

I'm not sure how well you know Audi, but I can state with absolute certainty, I know Audi pretty much the way most people know their parents. With you, it kind of feels like you're determined to discredit the Audi Brand.

For reference, here is the 2016 Audi TTS with a running engine. Note there are several screen modes that can be selected at ANY given time. With the engine running, hot idle is 800rpm:

A different mode is selected here. Ready is displayed, but hot idle IS still 800rpm:

Very different to the thread starter's image. If that engine WAS running, it must be idling at 10rpm, which any engineer will tell you is NOT currently possible. It is virtually impossible to sustain rotation in a gasoline or diesel engine at USEFUL revolutions BELOW 400rpm.

1 Like

Re: Taking The 2016 Audi Tt’s Virtual Cockpit For A Spin For $42k Plus U Can Own 1 by inze(m): 11:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
. . . constructive argument

I am in no way trying to discredit the Audi, i love the German brands. However, your points are noted and i humbly and can categorically say that i was wrong all along

1 Like

Re: Taking The 2016 Audi Tt’s Virtual Cockpit For A Spin For $42k Plus U Can Own 1 by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 07, 2015
inze:
. . . constructive argument

I am in no way trying to discredit the Audi, i love the German brands. However, your points are noted and i humbly and can categorically say that i was wrong all along

No worries, bro. We're all learning new things daily.

Well, off I go to find an insecure bank to rob. wink

2 Likes

Re: Taking The 2016 Audi Tt’s Virtual Cockpit For A Spin For $42k Plus U Can Own 1 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 07, 2015
More Youtube coverage on the 2016 Audi TT's virtual cockpit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3XXUhUo3ik
Re: Taking The 2016 Audi Tt’s Virtual Cockpit For A Spin For $42k Plus U Can Own 1 by Pebcak: 2:07am On Aug 08, 2015
Nice explanation @ Siena
double twale 4 u grin

[img]http://i./q8oIM2ylDO8xy.gif[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Taking The 2016 Audi Tt’s Virtual Cockpit For A Spin For $42k Plus U Can Own 1 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
Siena:

Didn't notice the engine not running

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Crown 1978 Car Remodeling Project / Duties Of Lagos Computerised Vehicle Inspection Service (LACVIS) / Please Where Or Who Can Fix My Bmw 325ix 1990's Overheating Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.