Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,435 members, 7,815,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

I Want A Good Golf 3 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Want A Good Golf 3 (1152 Views)

Is It Possible To Get A Good Golf 3 Within The Range Of 200k-250k / I Need A Good Golf 3 / Golf 3 With Golf 4 Interior(Lagos clearing) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want A Good Golf 3 by atura: 9:16pm On Mar 20, 2009
Hey Nairalanders any body who has a very good golf 3 for a give away price should please call me on 07025665239 or email@ nimma78@yahoo.com. thanks.

www.awsurveys.com/homemain.cfm/?refid=baver09
Re: I Want A Good Golf 3 by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 21, 2009
Engine size / type??

Petrol engines range from 1,4L 14 to 2,8 VR6.
Diesel engines are 1,9.

It just helps if you state what engine type you're after, as of course, the prices will vary accordingly.
Re: I Want A Good Golf 3 by osmeka: 9:46am On Mar 21, 2009
Siena, pls what is the relationship between the engine capacity of Golf and fuel consumption, maintenance, etc. Please also can you give us some detailed info regarding the engines variant of Golf. Appreciates.
Re: I Want A Good Golf 3 by atura: 12:20pm On Mar 21, 2009
patrol engine 1,4L. thanks
Re: I Want A Good Golf 3 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2009
osmeka:

Siena, pls what is the relationship between the engine capacity of Golf and fuel consumption, maintenance, etc. Please also can you give us some detailed information regarding the engines variant of Golf. Appreciates.

The smallest engine, the 1,4L 8V is the easiest to work on, the size of the engine in the relatively large engine bay means access to key components is good. However, this engine, developing just 60hp in a fairly heavy car means the mpg in town is worse than the 1,6L 8V (75hp). The 1,4L is also prone to head gasket failure - it's based on the early 1,0 / 1,1 and 1,3 previously fitted in early variants of VW Polo I & II, as well as Golf I & II.

Head gasket replacement isn't a major task though, but it's a point to note.

The next size up is the 1,6 8V, available in 2 variants - 75hp and 100hp.

The 1,6 75hp is adequate, but still sluggish. It also runs SPI (single-point injection) which is only a step above a carburettor, so refinement and economy won't be order of the day.

The 1,6 100hp is more advanced, with MPI (multi-point injection) it goes well too, and is refined and more economical than the 75hp version. Engine is robust, and is based on the EA 827 series blocks that date back from 1976, with the addition of fuel injection and different ignition settings, it's a proven engine which shouldn't give any problems with regular maintainance. Easy to work on too.

Next is the 1,8 8V version, available as a 75 and 90hp unit.

Both are SPI, the 75hp version although developing the same as the 1,6 8V SPI, has greater torque, so highway cruising ability is better. Maintainance is as 1,6 8V SPI.

The 1,8 8V 90hp version is a reworked unit, has higher compression, hence the higher output.
Neither of the 1,8 versions are as refined as the 1,6 100hp MPI unit, but tough and reliable.

The performance versions start with the 2,0 GTI 8V.

It develops 115hp with it's MPI system, and is noticeably quicker than the 1,4, 1,6 SPI and both 1,8 versions.
It's of course thirstier, and doesn't feel much quicker than the 1,6 100hp MPI, due to extra weight.

The next performance version is the 2,0 GTI 16V.

This develops 150hp, and is a nicer all-round car to drive, though the higher-revving nature means it will slurp petrol at an alarming rate, but at least, it's fun to drive. Greater power than all the above mentioned, though most of the extra grunt is only available above 4,000 rpm, so you have to work the gears hard to extract the extra power. A reliable engine, though maintainance will obviously cost more.

The range topper is the 2,8 VR6.

This develops 174hp, and has a top speed of 149 mph.
It's more of an enthusiast car, as it's NOT economical to run, and maintainance is costly, unless you're handy with the spanners, or know a good garage that won't turn pale at the sight of the crowded engine bay.

My personal choice:

For economy (which I'm not bothered about) - 1,6 100hp MPI.
For the sheer fun factor, and the VR6 growl and pace - 2,8 VR6.

I wouldn't touch the 1,4 model - it's a slug, and no fun to drive at all. I'd rather catch the bus anyday.
Re: I Want A Good Golf 3 by atura: 12:39am On Mar 23, 2009
Siena, thanks alot for your tips on golf 3. from all indication, you are well informed about autos epecially vw. thanks once again.
Re: I Want A Good Golf 3 by perfectbuy(m): 2:30pm On Mar 25, 2009
Why not get yourself a brand new KIA, backed up with 3 years warranty, free services and spare parts. You can call 08072971670 or mail okaforkenechi@yahoo.com for more details.
thanks
Re: I Want A Good Golf 3 by atura: 10:27am On Mar 28, 2009
Am interested in golf 3 for now. thanks anyway
Re: I Want A Good Golf 3 by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 28, 2009
perfectbuy:

Why not get yourself a brand new KIA, backed up with 3 years warranty, free services and spare parts. You can call 08072971670 or mail okaforkenechi@yahoo.com for more details.
thanks

A brand new Kia will still be inferior to a used German car, or Japanes, i.e Toyota, Honda, Mitsi, Mazda etc.

The build quality won't be up to par either.
Re: I Want A Good Golf 3 by atura: 12:50pm On Mar 28, 2009
Siena, please tell him more, maybe he needs more education on autos. i know why i want golf, and nobody will talk me out of it.
Re: I Want A Good Golf 3 by oblo(m): 5:49pm On Mar 29, 2009
I concur wit siena, there is jst dis aura of durability wit dem german automobiles, will alwaz be a fan of anything german built,

(1) (Reply)

10k Usd (make Me An Offer) / Preordered 2001 Toyota Camry Le By Susuman123 ( Any Scratch = Discount ) / Super Clean Full Option 2004 Honda End Of Discussion For N1.350m Banix 017383301

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.