Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,348 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Do You Think He Would Ever Desist From This Bad Habit? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Do You Think He Would Ever Desist From This Bad Habit? (1112 Views)

I need a female boerboel puppy in replacement or exchange of THIS bad boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think He Would Ever Desist From This Bad Habit? by stonecoldcafe: 1:07am On Aug 07, 2015
I got a puppy some months back (that's his picture when he just arrived)
On the first day I took him home, as I carried him into the car, he nipped my finger (about 7 weeks then)
I thought maybe he was a bit scared or something so I ignored it however I noticed as time went on, he continued to bite
You give him food he nips, you pet him he nips your finger, you give him a treat he nips, you touch his head he nips...
I just think it's a bad habit he picked from right from belle cos I noticed this right from day one

I think it's his strange way of greeting me or anyone else cos when he bites, he would cozy up up to you and start jumping around in an excited manner while wagging his tail
I've read enough stuff online on how to stop this bad behaviour and he is gradually responding
If I tell him 'don't bite or stop' he takes correction and backs away cheesy but generally he continues to bite and spin around in excitement when anyone touches him
I'm a bit worried, I feel he could easily bite strangers and even house people when he is older and stronger
Would he ever stop?
Does anyone have a dog that acts like this too? Did they ever stop?
Perhaps I should change his name to Nippy lipsrsealed undecided

Re: Do You Think He Would Ever Desist From This Bad Habit? by Mynd44: 1:24am On Aug 07, 2015
How is the bite, Soft or painful? He might be greeting and saying hi.

I had a dog once that had a habit of turning my friends' hands into chew toys....heck she will chew and play with their hands and if they don't allow, she struggles with them for it
Re: Do You Think He Would Ever Desist From This Bad Habit? by stonecoldcafe: 2:13am On Aug 07, 2015
Mynd44:
How is the bite, Soft or painful? He might be greeting and saying hi.

I had a dog once that had a habit of turning my friends' hands into chew toys....heck she will chew and play with their hands and if they don't allow, she struggles with them for it

Quite painful but you can see he is playing around when he does it. If you yelp, he will pause then bite you again but not so hard the 2nd time around. He runs around the much bigger dog biting too.
Re: Do You Think He Would Ever Desist From This Bad Habit? by angieberry(f): 2:24am On Aug 07, 2015
Your pup is so cute cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think He Would Ever Desist From This Bad Habit? by Mynd44: 4:23am On Aug 07, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Quite painful but you can see he is playing around when he does it. If you yelp, he will pause then bite you again but not so hard the 2nd time around. He runs around the much bigger dog biting too.
So why do you think it I bad habit?
Re: Do You Think He Would Ever Desist From This Bad Habit? by snazzy5050(m): 9:09am On Aug 07, 2015
stonecoldcafe:
I got a puppy some months back (that's his picture when he just arrived)
On the first day I took him home, as I carried him into the car, he nipped my finger (about 7 weeks then)
I thought maybe he was a bit scared or something so I ignored it however I noticed as time went on, he continued to bite
You give him food he nips, you pet him he nips your finger, you give him a treat he nips, you touch his head he nips...
I just think it's a bad habit he picked from right from belle cos I noticed this right from day one

I think it's his strange way of greeting me or anyone else cos when he bites, he would cozy up up to you and start jumping around in an excited manner while wagging his tail
I've read enough stuff online on how to stop this bad behaviour and he is gradually responding
If I tell him 'don't bite or stop' he takes correction and backs away cheesy but generally he continues to bite and spin around in excitement when anyone touches him
I'm a bit worried, I feel he could easily bite strangers and even house people when he is older and stronger
Would he ever stop?
Does anyone have a dog that acts like this too? Did they ever stop?
Perhaps I should change his name to Nippy lipsrsealed undecided
Chai like my new gsd nah change !
Both the habits self, he nips too Buh maintain when the Caucasian is on sight grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Ticks Extermination Services / 밤전ᴖbamwar8。c0mᴗ대전중구키스방 논현키스방 『역삼키스방 MC포토카페』 / Pics: If Human Were As Civilised And Ogernized.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.