Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC (16496 Views)

Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection / Tribunal Admits Ladoja’s 89 Exhibits Against Ajimobi’s Victory / Saraki: Tribunal Admits 3 Exhibits & PA Testifies Against Him In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by likila: 2:36am On Aug 07, 2015
The Yobe State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Abuja on Wednesday admitted as exhibits, details of two bank accounts of the Resident Electoral Commissioner of the state, Mr. Abu Zarma, and proof of lodgements of total amount of N15m into the two accounts some days to the April 11 governorship poll in the state.

The exhibits were tendered by the Peoples Democratic Party and its candidate in the governorship election, Alhaji Adamu Waziri, who accused Zarma of receiving the N15m as bribe from the All Progressives Party’s candidate and winner of the poll, Alhaji Ibrahim Gaidam.

Waziri and the PDP are, through their joint petition, challenging the declaration of Gaidam by the Independent National Electoral Commission as winner of the poll, which they alleged was marred by irregularities and corrupt practices.

The respondents to the petition are Gaidam, APC, INEC, the REC of Yobe State and Assistant Superintendent of Police, Zakari Deba (Aide-de-Camp to Gaidam). Gaidam sought re-election in the April 11 poll as a sitting governor..
The petitioners alleged that the Aide-de-Camp to Gaidam, Zakari Deba, paid N8m into the Diamond Bank account of Zarma and N7m into his Zenith Bank account on the same day.
Both transactions were said to have been carried out on April 8, 2015 whereas the election held on April 11.

The Justice Mojisola Dada-led tribunal admitted the exhibits through the officials of Diamond Bank Plc and Zenith Bank Plc who were subpoenaed to the tribunal as witnesses.

Among the exhibits tendered and admitted by the tribunal were documents of Diamond and Zenith banks, including account statements, photocopies of tellers used for the lodgements of the funds and account opening forms, all bearing Zarma’s name.

The respondents’ lawyers did not oppose the tendering of the exhibits during the Wednesday’s proceedings, but they said they would reserve their objection to some of them till the stage of filing their final written addresses.

Diamond Bank’s employee from Damaturu Branch, Mr. Bamaji Kukawa, while being led by the petitioners ‘counsel, Mr. Abiodun Owonikoko (SAN), said the bank statement showed that N8m was paid into Zarma’s account on April 8 by Deba.

“Before the April 8, 2015 entry, the bank account had N28,143.60k,” Kukawa said while responding to a question from Owoniko.

“The depositor was Zakari Deba,” he added while responding to another question.

The witness said on April 13, the statement of account showed that N8m was withdrawn from the account in favour of Saleh & Hanif Company. He said N25,011.45 was left as balance on the account as of the end of the period covered by the statement.

Also, Head of Operation, Damaturu Branch of Zenith Bank, Mr. Umar Alkali, while also being led by Owonoikoko, said Zakari Deba deposited N7m into Zarma’s account with the bank on April 8.

He added that as of the end of the period covered by the statement of account, the account was left with the balance of N1,345,503.38.

Counsel for Gaidam and the APC, during separate cross-examinations of the witnesses, asked if any of the bank documents tendered had the office of the Resident Electoral Commissioner of Yobe State as the owner of the said bank accounts.

Ali also asked if the photograph of a depositor lodging money into an account is required to be captured before carrying out such transaction.

Both the Diamond and Zenith banks employees answered no to both questions.

Counsel for INEC and the REC, Mr. A. O Mohammed (SAN), and that of Deba, Titus Asaolu, also asked questions during the sessions of cross-examination.

The matter had not been adjourned as of the time of filing this report.

http://www.punchng.com/news/yobe-tribunal-admits-n15m-bribe-exhibits-against-rec/
Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by Gboliwe: 2:48am On Aug 07, 2015
The REC should watch his back, he is the next target for assassination. Like the mysterious death of the Kano Rec who oversaw the "massive" corruption in the state.

The northerners kill their Recs, the southerners burn the offices. Both try to cover truth. One day be one day.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by Aromas: 3:02am On Aug 07, 2015
Gboliwe:
The REC should watch his back, he is the next target for assassination. Like the mysterious death of the Kano Rec who oversaw the "massive" corruption in the state.

The northerners kill their Recs,. The southerners burn the offices. Both try to cover truth. One day be one day.
Weytin con be Easterners dey do?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by Nobody: 3:28am On Aug 07, 2015
@op, you dey worry yourself when you know that very soon, APC with the help of Mr. Lair M will lie their way out of this.

That group called APC is very terrible. angry

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by bewla(m): 4:08am On Aug 07, 2015
oh my head who do we trust again in this crazy zone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by ideykwum: 4:41am On Aug 07, 2015
That's how dense our youths have become! Do you need a compass? On a broad scale it is North/South! The east is a sub-set of the south!

Kai! I won't stoop to correct such stupidity again!

Aromas:

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by dunkem21(m): 4:59am On Aug 07, 2015
grin
Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by omazus: 5:01am On Aug 07, 2015
So serious
Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by akpumping7720(m): 5:06am On Aug 07, 2015
This is serious. Though am a Progresive but 'Justice must Prevail'.

1 Like

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by ogba20: 5:09am On Aug 07, 2015
dunkem21:
grin
. If u ask me i wil tell you and i knw very well apc is not the true reflection of change we re seeking for. Let me jus thank God for gej for allowing things go dis way, if nt apc would and ready to take lives.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by brixton: 5:11am On Aug 07, 2015
A country that both the ruling and opposition parties stink of corrupt personnel can NOT move forward.

11 Likes

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by dunkem21(m): 5:13am On Aug 07, 2015
ogba20:
. If u ask me i wil tell you and i knw very well apc is not the true reflection of change we re seeking for. Let me jus thank God for gej for allowing things go dis way, if nt apc would and ready to take lives.

True talk bro. I am waiting for lalasticlala to wake up first.

1 Like

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by PedroJP(m): 5:22am On Aug 07, 2015
Na Naija b dis. See as account run from 28k to mil.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by JudgeWilson(m): 5:27am On Aug 07, 2015
Lies from the pit of hell. PDP propaganda machine don start again ooo ooo as Baba Fela sing am. We are not buying dis one lai lai

1 Like

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by AdeniyiA(m): 5:37am On Aug 07, 2015
Aromas:
They'd kidnap for ransom ...
Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by mysteriousman(m): 5:43am On Aug 07, 2015
Where is it wrong for someone to reject money someone wants to give you for free, the people voted APC cos they were tired of PDP, the money the Rec got if he indeed got it was security funds made available to him by the APC my opinion though.

3 Likes

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by DWJOBScom(m): 5:49am On Aug 07, 2015
They were never right@APC
The "CHANGE" they offer, I don't trust!
Opposition can be called any name but the beauty of democracy will not be thrown to the dogs....
Gradually people's eyes are opening and the scammed numbers that came in from the north will be exposed!

5 Likes

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by jomoh: 5:50am On Aug 07, 2015
A very flawed exhibit.

Ali also asked if the photograph of depositor lodging money into an account was required to be captured before carrying out such transaction.

Both the Diamond and Zenith banks employees answered no to both question.

Copyright PUNCH.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

Anybody could use any name for lodgement.

Judge please strike it out already

3 Likes

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by ba7man(m): 5:51am On Aug 07, 2015
If found guilty, this guy deserves to face the law........... but PDP politicians paid RECs hundreds of millions of naira this one got paid 7/8 million naira.

The big fishes need big attention too.
Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by agabaI23(m): 5:54am On Aug 07, 2015
Front page please
jomoh:
A very flawed evidence.
Anybody could use any name for lodgement.
Judge please strike it out already
At least the accused can tell us who paid 15 m into his account. The person should be ready to answer. Truth is, the aid didn't deny doing such a thing or has not denied it yet.

6 Likes

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by Humblebloke(m): 5:55am On Aug 07, 2015
No wonder they call them wailing wailersundecided.......

If this is true.......which is certainly not.......

This is some form of change compared to the ones stealing billions of naira

2 Likes

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by jomoh: 5:57am On Aug 07, 2015
agabaI23:
Front page please
At least can tell us who paid 15 m into his account. The person should be ready to answer. Truth is, the aid did deny doing such a thing or has not denied it yet.

So you expect the aide to Accept what he didn't do?

2 Likes

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by imsuboi(m): 6:33am On Aug 07, 2015
Humblebloke:
No wonder they call them wailing wailersundecided.......

If this is true.......which is certainly not.......

This is some form of change compared to the ones stealing billions of naira

Double standard APc monkey. How much did you sell your brain & conscience for?

13 Likes

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by fred19(m): 6:39am On Aug 07, 2015
mysteriousman:
Where is it wrong for someone to reject money someone wants to give you for free, the people voted APC cos they were tired of PDP, the money the Rec got if he indeed got it was security funds made available to him by the APC my opinion though.

kip ur opinion to urself program Robot.
after reading d story dis is wat u come up with SHame.....

8 Likes

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by Humblebloke(m): 6:50am On Aug 07, 2015
imsuboi:

Double standard APc monkey. How much did you sell your brain & conscience for?

Who is this cretinous re+ardundecided

Anyone against PDP works for APC in your evil mind......

I'm just happy the country finally has less evil people at the helm............which is for the good of the republic

We just need to tame a few lions and we are good to go
Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by imsuboi(m): 6:53am On Aug 07, 2015
Humblebloke:

Who is this cretinous re+ardundecided

Anyone against PDP works for APC in your evil mind......

I'm just happy the country finally has less evil people at the helm............which is for the good of the republic

We just need to tame a few lions and we are good to go

Kernicterus had fried your brain grin.

Dvmb fvck

7 Likes

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 07, 2015
Aromas:
Yeye dey smell for ur ignorance.
U go even get mind follow person argue

Mumu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by jazinogold(m): 7:23am On Aug 07, 2015
where are the wailing wailers?

register now to join the Wailing wailers Worldwide (WWW) national convention 2015

1 Like

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 07, 2015
mysteriousman:

Comments like this.... Pity

3 Likes

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by SPG4U(m): 8:01am On Aug 07, 2015
[size=20pt]i will be back to read

let me show you my signature first[/size]
Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by UncleJudax(m): 8:12am On Aug 07, 2015
ideykwum:
That's how dense are youths have become! Do you need a compass? On a broad scale it is North/South! The east is a sub-set of the south!

Kai! I won't stoop to correct such stupidity again!

Lmao! There is industrial-scale stupidity on Nairaland...you should know that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yobe Tribunal Admits N15m Bribe Exhibits Against REC by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 07, 2015
the useless DSS boss would not see this criminal REC to harass

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ajaokuta Steel To Gulp $1.5 Billion, Gets 2022 Completion Date / Sit-At-Home: Fate Of NECO Candidates In South-East? / Bomb Scare Causes Pandemonium In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.