Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (2038 Views)

Why People Always Find It Difficult To Seat In A Front Chair In CHURCH / The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox / Shiloh 2011 "waves Of Glory" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by christinie(f): 4:37am On Aug 07, 2015
Re: . by HungerBAD: 4:38am On Aug 07, 2015
Illiterates think that way.

4 Likes

Re: . by christinie(f): 4:41am On Aug 07, 2015
HungerBAD:
Illiterates think that way.
my dear not only illiterates. I have noticed this behaviour even in educated people.

1 Like

Re: . by Talented90(m): 4:43am On Aug 07, 2015
Nice pic...

1 Like

Re: . by HungerBAD: 4:45am On Aug 07, 2015
christinie:
my dear not only illiterates. I have noticed this behaviour even in educated people.

Your write up is actually the first time i am hearing anything about such.

Stealing somebody's star? do people still think this way? i am very certain only poor uneducated people will think this way. People doing well in life, don't waste their time thinking about bush stuff like this.

If i have a friend that says such, i will cut him off from my circle.

4 Likes

Re: . by jcross19: 4:46am On Aug 07, 2015
They are many reasons to think that way but two things hold them together. 1 greediness and 2 our mentality. Greedy can make man do anything to fulfil his heart desire , I mean anything. Our mentality speaks alots about us an average african man believes so much in superstitions , they don't believe someone can be successful with grace but with diabolic manner. Not only illiterate but a lazy hand thinks like that.
Re: . by christinie(f): 4:48am On Aug 07, 2015
HungerBAD:

Your write up is actually the first time i am hearing anything about such.

Stealing somebody's star? do people still think this way? i am very certain only poor uneducated people will think this way. People doing well in life, don't waste their time thinking about bush stuff like this.

If i have a friend that says such, i will cut him off from my circle.
my dear some people think that way. In fact, some think a very successful person in a family is that successful because he has combined every body else' glory. I don't know why they think that way.
Re: . by HungerBAD: 4:49am On Aug 07, 2015
christinie:
my dear some people think that way. In fact, some think a very successful person in a family is that successful because he has combined every body else' glory. I don't know why they think that way.

Interesting.

Any story or experience you care to share.

2 Likes

Re: . by christinie(f): 4:50am On Aug 07, 2015
jcross19:
They are many reasons to think that way but two things hold them together. 1 greediness and 2 our mentality. Greedy can make man do anything to fulfil his heart desire , I mean anything. Our mentality speaks alots about us an average african man believes so much in superstitions , they don't believe someone can be successful with grace but with diabolic manner. Not only illiterate but a lazy hand thinks like that.
you are so right. Another thing is when they see someone who is easily favoured they think he's using diabolical method to manipulate people to favour him/her.
Re: . by christinie(f): 4:51am On Aug 07, 2015
HungerBAD:

Interesting.

Any story or experience you care to share.
see your sharp ears. Amebo. grin grin grin
Re: . by HungerBAD: 4:54am On Aug 07, 2015
christinie:
see your sharp ears. Amebo. grin grin grin

Lol I am just curious.

We use to hear about the disappearance of man-hoods while growing up. I am always curious how that can happen, anything that does not have a scientific or medical explanation to me is a fallacy.

Share one story naaa, you dey stingy?

2 Likes

Re: . by christinie(f): 4:55am On Aug 07, 2015
HungerBAD:

Lol I am just curious.

We use to hear about the disappearance of man-hoods while growing up. I am always curious how that can happen, anything that does not have a scientific or medical explanation to me is a fallacy.

Share one story naaa, you dey stingy?

I also remember how all rich men were branded occultists while growing up.
Re: . by Opiosko: 4:58am On Aug 07, 2015
Because Nigerian is a zoo.
Re: . by HungerBAD: 5:01am On Aug 07, 2015
christinie:
I also remember how all rich men were branded occultists while growing up.

So i spend years going to the University.

Spend another 18 Months for a Masters Degree.

Go for further studies abroad, get plenty of certifications, work with a multi-national company, a young man, comfortable in all rights,and somebody will say i stole their stars? very funny.

Where was that person when doors were getting closed at some one's face? or when one was suffering at the early stages of their live's after School? i just see envious people trying to tarnish others image.

No be only STARS them get, NA MOON.

3 Likes

Re: . by christinie(f): 5:02am On Aug 07, 2015
Opiosko:
Because Nigerian is a zoo.

Be patriotic ok. You have no other country but Nigeria.
Re: . by jeffizy(m): 5:04am On Aug 07, 2015
op, that's what I call "the feel good " effect.
That moment when you want to justify your own inadequacy and short-coming

2 Likes

Re: . by christinie(f): 5:05am On Aug 07, 2015
HungerBAD:

So i spend years going to the University.

Spend another 18 Months for a Masters Degree.

Go for further studies abroad, get plenty of certifications, work with a multi-national company, a young man, comfortable in all rights,and somebody will say i stole their stars? very funny.

Where was that person when doors were getting closed at some one's face? or when one was suffering at the early stages of their live's after School? i just see envious people trying to tarnish others image.

No be only STARS them get, NA MOON.

hehehe it gets so bad that sometimes you wonder whether people actually believe in God that the claim to worship. Like you said they are merely being envious. They need to try to build their lives than having a pity party and expect everybody else to join them.
Re: . by christinie(f): 5:07am On Aug 07, 2015
jeffizy:
That moment when you want to justify your own inadequacy and short-coming
so true. No one wants to be responsible for their shortcomings. They would rather blame it on others.
Re: . by jeffizy(m): 5:07am On Aug 07, 2015
That moment when you want to justify your own inadequacy and shortcomings by trying to pull a seemingly far ahead rival down.

It's a defect of the human specie that has no known cure yet.
We call it jealousy.

The indomie era guys call it HATING.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 5:30am On Aug 07, 2015
It happen in this parts of the world believe me just get closer to God so that you will not work on there way especially anybody doing boy boy.Nigerians can be desperate.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 07, 2015
That's why we are BLACKS..

Anyway ask NOLLYWOOD.?

Anyone allowing his wife/daughters/sisters to see NOLLYWOOD movies is making them more docile. .. ... .. PMB

1 Like

Re: . by Opiosko: 7:11am On Aug 07, 2015
christinie:
Be patriotic ok. You have no other country but Nigeria.
Biafra is coming!
Re: . by vooks: 9:02am On Aug 07, 2015
christinie:
Why is it that once you are very successful many people around you including your extended family members feel uncomfortable around you? They are usually quick to believe/conclude that your success is not ordinary as you must have used people's star/glory? It is so bad that some people now attribute every testimony to the devil. For instance a woman was once accused of using devilish powers to have male children. When most people see people with mansions and big cars they are quick to call them 'ritualists'. People see a very expensively dressed woman walk into a store to buy something and they are scared to give her change because they believe she will use it to syphon their wealth spiritually. Even the extended relatives around you are so scared that you might belong to an unlawful society (secret court) and you will steal their glory. Even in your place of work once they notice you are from a political/influential family they get so scared of you.
I don't think God allows such things to happen. I strongly believe that our destiny is in God's hands and that He protects our present and future all the time. Let us do away with fear. God's grace is sufficient for us. Ciao ciao.
It's aNegro thing, you can't understand

1 Like

Re: . by christinie(f): 4:40pm On Aug 07, 2015
vooks:

It's aNegro thing, you can't understand
explain.
Re: . by christinie(f): 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2015
Opiosko:
Biafra is coming!
until then. Mind you am Igbo.
Re: . by christinie(f): 4:42pm On Aug 07, 2015
EVILFOREST:
That's why we are BLACKS..

Anyway ask NOLLYWOOD.?

Anyone allowing his wife/daughters/sisters to see NOLLYWOOD movies is making them more docile. .. ... .. PMB
seriously. People always think others can pull them down. So bad.
Re: . by christinie(f): 4:47pm On Aug 07, 2015
Mrcdorv:
It happen in this parts of the world believe me just get closer to God so that you will not work on there way especially anybody doing boy boy.Nigerians can be desperate.
God forbid evil.
Re: . by christinie(f): 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2015
Talented90:
Nice pic...
thanks.
Re: . by lepasharon(f): 2:06am On Aug 14, 2015
Simple answer: JEALOUSY

1 Like

Re: . by tpiah2: 2:11am On Aug 14, 2015
op are you referring to nollywood celebrities?

you have to clarify your context first so people have an idea of what you're talking about.
Re: . by ZKOSOSO(m): 3:58am On Aug 14, 2015
Don't blame them for having such mentality. In Africa it's really possible.
My Edo/Delta folks know this wella!

Witchcraft is real. A witch is always attracted to any child within the extended family who would be great in life from Birth.

So plead the Blood of Jesus always.
Re: . by tpiah2: 4:00am On Aug 14, 2015
which kain witch be that?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Allahu Akbar Kabeer!!! God Is Great And He Is The Greatest!!! / Farewell To RCCG Pastor Adeboye’s Assistant -olu Obanure / A Weird Encounter In A Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.