Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,567 members, 7,816,391 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Imo Retirees Accuse Okorocha Of Insensitivity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Retirees Accuse Okorocha Of Insensitivity (1049 Views)

Agatu Massacre: Victims Accuse Buhari’s Govt Of Insensitivity - VANGUARD / Oby Ezekwesili Slams Aisha Alhassan 4 Her Insensitivity 2 Chibok Girls Plight / Osun Public Servants, Retirees At Winners Chapel For Food Today (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Retirees Accuse Okorocha Of Insensitivity by shachris02: 7:25am On Aug 07, 2015
The retired permanent secretaries of Imo State have expressed dissatisfaction with the attitude of the state government towards civil servants and pensioners, alleging that the Governor Rochas Okorocha regarded them as non-exiting entities.

The Association of Retired Permanent Secretaries, also accused the governor of trying to exterminate them by refusing to pay them their pension arrears and gratuities.

Briefing journalists on the plights of retired permanent secretaries of the state, on Thrusday, in Owerri, the state chairman of the association and former Head of Service, Chief Hyacinth Onyekwere, urged Okorocha to pay them their outstanding seven months’ pension arrears owed them by the government.

Onyekwere noted that Okorocha considered the payment of salaries of workers as a burden, but had continued to draw from the public fund his own salary and other entitlements to cater for himself and his family. He disclose that the retirees received their last pension in October, 2014, pointing out that the cheques issued to them by the state government in November and December, 2014, bounced, and advised the governor to clear their arrears with the bailout fund from federal government. The chairman further observed that some of their members were dying daily as a result of non-payment of their pensions, stressing that other pensioners and workers in the state were equally hard put.

Onyekwere, who accused the state governor of running the state economy aground, adding that, “business operators in Imo State are seriously lamenting the lull they are facing, because of non-payment of pensioners and workers.

“Governor Okorocha must not present any excuse now that the bailout fund has been provided by the federal government, because non-payment of pension and salaries has reduced the injection of money into the economy. Pension is a constitutionally- guaranteed right, which should not be delayed under any circumstance as provided in Section 21(10) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999.”

Source: http://dailytimes.com.ng/imo-retirees-accuse-okorocha-insensitivity/

[size=18pt]Discuss More News On Naija Pips.com Forum. [/size]
Re: Imo Retirees Accuse Okorocha Of Insensitivity by 1love4all: 7:29am On Aug 07, 2015
Apshit
Re: Imo Retirees Accuse Okorocha Of Insensitivity by SouthernBreeze(m): 7:40am On Aug 07, 2015
Lochas you better sit up. That's what you get wen a governor isn't serious grin
Re: Imo Retirees Accuse Okorocha Of Insensitivity by eyeview: 7:52am On Aug 07, 2015
Rochas is the only governor who will pay his people with dud cheques and make them sign for payment. Only when they get to the bank will they realize they've been played.
Hence the name 'the 419 governor'.
I pity Imo people for they are in for a long ride for the next 4years.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Retirees Accuse Okorocha Of Insensitivity by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:57am On Aug 07, 2015
na beremx best man be dat o, abeg respect am small. Chanji
Re: Imo Retirees Accuse Okorocha Of Insensitivity by LoveMachine(m): 8:55am On Aug 07, 2015
eyeview:
Rochas is the only governor who will pay his people with dud cheques and make them sign for payment. Only when they get to the bank will they realize they've been played.
Hence the name 'the 419 governor'.
I pity Imo people for they are in for a long ride for the next 4years.

That's heartless!
Re: Imo Retirees Accuse Okorocha Of Insensitivity by ahaz: 9:08am On Aug 07, 2015
LoveMachine:

That's heartless!
This is what imo deserve. Let them enjoy the change

1 Like

Re: Imo Retirees Accuse Okorocha Of Insensitivity by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 07, 2015
LoveMachine:

That's heartless!
D guy is extremely fraudulent, when imo people criticize him most people would just say it's because he is in Apc.
D guy is too corrupt.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Retirees Accuse Okorocha Of Insensitivity by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 07, 2015
They elected him. So na their matter
Re: Imo Retirees Accuse Okorocha Of Insensitivity by LoveMachine(m): 9:16am On Aug 07, 2015
lygn19:

D guy is extremely fraudulent, when imo people criticize him most people would just say it's because he is in Apc.
D guy is too corrupt.

I keep hearing bad things about the man. The only good thing I've heard is about his dancing and his Obama handshake. Did he rig the last election or what?

ahaz:
This is what imo deserve. Let them enjoy the change

Ouch. undecided
Re: Imo Retirees Accuse Okorocha Of Insensitivity by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 07, 2015
LoveMachine:

I keep hearing bad things about the man. The only good thing I've heard is about his dancing and his Obama handshake. Did he rig the last election or what?

Ouch. undecided
He didn't wat he actually used in catching d hearts of imo lites were d free education programme.
To me it's useless, if u bring an average imsu student dats bright and an average student from a school like uniport or FUTO d difference is soo much.
Free education without quality is useless all he succeeds in doing us after making some people suffer tru d university they come out dissapointed, half of d graduates leave d state to other states for jobs, 1quarter stays back, while d oda quarter only God knows.
That's y most times u can go to a club, in another state, ph for example and u wud see a full blown graduate from imo state engaging in some rubbish acts. It pains me.

1 Like

Re: Imo Retirees Accuse Okorocha Of Insensitivity by asha80(m): 9:30am On Aug 07, 2015
lygn19:

He didn't wat he actually used in catching d hearts of imo lites were d free education programme.
To me it's useless, if u bring an average imsu student dats bright and an average student from a school like uniport or FUTO d difference is soo much.
Free education without quality is useless all he succeeds in doing us after making some people suffer tru d university they come out dissapointed, half of d graduates leave d state to other states for jobs, 1quarter stays back, while d oda quarter only God knows.
That's y most times u can go to a club, in another state, ph for example and u wud see a full blown graduate from imo state engaging in some rubbish acts. It pains me.
that free university education has now being scrapped after his reelection
Re: Imo Retirees Accuse Okorocha Of Insensitivity by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 07, 2015
asha80:
that free university education has now being scrapped after his reelection
U see how fraudulent he is, just like I said he used it to catch d minds of d imo state ppl.
When I am at imo state, somehow I begin to wonder if the state receives any allocations at all. Owerri city is not big,its just like a local govt in some states yet it's not worth boasting with.
Imo has a strong economy but d leaders are acting like all dz typical igbo men with shop mentality, someone who wud ba making millions from a kiosk yet he is ok with the kiosk he has instead of him to develop it.
Dats what I see rochas as, he has no clear policy.
Re: Imo Retirees Accuse Okorocha Of Insensitivity by asha80(m): 9:49am On Aug 07, 2015
lygn19:

U see how fraudulent he is, just like I said he used it to catch d minds of d imo state ppl.
When I am at imo state, somehow I begin to wonder if the state receives any allocations at all. Owerri city is not big,its just like a local govt in some states yet it's not worth boasting with.
Imo has a strong economy but d leaders are acting like all dz typical igbo men with shop mentality, someone who wud ba making millions from a kiosk yet he is ok with the kiosk he has instead of him to develop it.
Dats what I see rochas as, he has no clear policy.
another issue I have with him is quality of his construction jobs especially roads...sometimes I wonder if he does not know the poor quality jobs being done he just does not care
Re: Imo Retirees Accuse Okorocha Of Insensitivity by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 07, 2015
asha80:
another issue I have with him is quality of his construction jobs especially roads...sometimes I wonder if he does not know the poor quality jobs being done he just does not care
D kind of money Rochas has stolen in Imo state other Niger delta governors are learning work. Can u tell me one reasonable capital project Rochas engaged in since he became governor?...
Even his position in Apc is not for d sake of imo people its for his pocket, he just wants ti secure a place for himself when he leaves govt house, Amaechi wud criticise Apc or Buhari in some situation but I bet u Rochas can't do dat.
If he is a wise man, what he shud bargain for since he played a role in Buhari's election and in Apc, is to attract one reasonable federal govt project to the southeast, when I said Federal govt project, I don't mean roads or street lights, sth better dat can genarate employment for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Imo Retirees Accuse Okorocha Of Insensitivity by asha80(m): 10:02am On Aug 07, 2015
lygn19:

D kind of money Rochas has stolen in Imo state even Niger delta governors are learning work. Can u tell me one reasonable capital project Rochas engaged in since he became governor?...
Even his position in Apc is not for d sake of imo people its for his pocket, he just wants ti secure a place for himself when he leaves govt house, Amaechi wud criticise Apc or Buhari in some situation but I bet u Rochas can't do dat.
If he is a wise man, what he shud bargain for since he played a role in Buhari's election and in Apc, is to attract one reasonable federal govt project to the southeast, when I said Federal govt project, I don't mean roads or street lights, sth better dat can genarate employment for a long time.
well there is still time for him to make amends
Re: Imo Retirees Accuse Okorocha Of Insensitivity by LoveMachine(m): 1:59pm On Aug 07, 2015
lygn19:

I never knew. Sorry about that.

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Never Be A Politician Again – Obasanjo / Picture Of President Buhari With Songstress Onyeka Onwenu Kneeling Down For Him / See The Garage Of Nigeria’s 2nd Senate President Back Then In 1960 (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.