Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. (45965 Views)

Download "Stony Hill" Album By Damian Marley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 1:23pm On Aug 07, 2015
At times I weep for this country. Imagine the level of technological advancement Nigeria would've been if people like this was supported.
Last time I heard of him, it was reported he invented the world first automatic fire extinguisher that starts working at any slight feel of fire.

So unfortunate

Credits: He is best known for building Nigeria’s first private radio station – Radio Mbaise Fame in 1979.

Bio: Damian was born in January 1957 in Nguru, Mbaise, Imo State, Nigeria. He is the founder of Damian Anyanwu Research Center inc (DARCI) in the United States. In 1979, he built the first private operated Radio station in Nigeria, know as Radio Mbaise Fame. His Radio transmitters were made from herbal granules stuffed in empty tins, wires and improvised local material. In 1983, he was invited by former Nigerian President, Alhaji Shehu Shergari who decorated Damien with a National award, for his outstanding contributions to Mankind. He has also been honored internationally – U.S. president, George W. Bush invited Damien to Washington D.C for a presidential dinner where he was honored by the President and his cabinet.

https://nlipw.com/damian-anyanwu/

Cc meccuno

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by themonk(m): 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
igbo kwenu

some people wont see the good side, all they see is the bad side. truth is everybody has his or her own good and bad side, we should focus on peoples strength and not their weaknesses

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by brofula(m): 1:41pm On Aug 07, 2015
This tribe have come along way on inventions and technology. They really need govt support and sponsorship to mass produce all this and Nigeria will be in the news for the right reasons.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 1:42pm On Aug 07, 2015
themonk:
igbo kwenu

Hmmmm.

Ishilove, lalasticlala.

1 Like

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2015
brofula:
This tribe have come along way on inventions and technology. They really need govt support and sponsorship to mass produce all this and Nigeria will be in the news for the right reasons.
That's the point.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by EasternLion: 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
Biafra ga-adi ndu.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 2:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
The way certain evil people are avoiding this thread is alarming.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by TheOnlyWiseMan: 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Hmmmm.

Ishilove, lalasticlala.
Thank you OP for this information.

3 Likes

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by TheOnlyWiseMan: 2:50pm On Aug 07, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
The way certain evil people are avoiding this thread is alarming.
They prefer to hear stories of Igbo man who stole ten naira Akara..

grin grin grin

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by Beremx(f): 2:57pm On Aug 07, 2015
Wow! What a genius!
Ndi Mbaise making IMO state proud.

Is the Radio Mbaise still on Air?

20 Likes

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by cocaineaddict(m): 3:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
Cc: ishilove , lalasticlala fp please
Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
Beremx:
Wow! What a genius!

Ndi Mbaise making IMO state proud.

Is the Radio Mbaise still on Air?

That's the problem, he was humiliated, harassed and frustration out the country for being a Genius you called him . Forget about the fact that Shagari honored him in 1983, he wasn't given any chance to succeed.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by Beremx(f): 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

That's the problem, he was humiliated, harassed and frustration out the country for being a Genius you called. Forget about the fact that Shagari honored him in 1983, he wasn't given any chance to succeed.
so who frustrated and humiliated him?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by fr3do(m): 3:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
Impressive
Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 3:55pm On Aug 07, 2015
Beremx:
You know, 1979 he was operating the radio was just 9 years after Nigeria / Biafra war, every Igbo man was a suspect. I was told he was hated persecuted like radio Biafra's Nnamdi Kanu.
I will research more on the issue.

24 Likes

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by NDPVF(m): 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2015
Wow!!!.

Always chunning out great minds.

Igbo,i love you guys.

You guys should never allow haters kill your inventive and innovative spirit. Its natural though devilish,that people hate and jelouse their superior.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by GstringAngela(f): 5:17pm On Aug 07, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

You know, 1979 he was operating the radio was just 9 years after Nigeria / Biafra war, every Igbo man was a suspect. I was told he was hated persecuted like radio Biafra's Nnamdi Kanu.
.... But Alex Ekweme was the vice president of Nigeria that year. What did alex ekweme do to support him?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by GstringAngela(f): 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
Beremx:
alex ekweme, the igbo man who was the vice president of Nigeria that year frustrated him because he was not a ndi-anambra

16 Likes

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 5:37pm On Aug 07, 2015
GstringAngela:
.... But Alex Ekweme was the vice president of Nigeria that year. What did alex ekweme do to support him?
Did I hear you say vice president?

5 Likes

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by cheruv: 5:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

And my fellow Igbo would come and say..ONE NIGERIA angry na slap wey I go use reset the person brain!

Up Biafra joor

11 Likes

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
NDPVF:
Wow!!!.

Always chunning out great minds.

Igbo,i love you guys.

You guys should never allow haters kill your inventive and innovative spirit.
Its natural though devilish,that people hate and jelouse their superior.
God bless you my friend.

11 Likes

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by cheruv: 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
GstringAngela:
alex ekweme, the igbo man who was the vice president of Nigeria that year frustrated him because he was not a ndi-anambra
Stop lies..provide links for backup!

8 Likes

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 5:46pm On Aug 07, 2015
cheruv:

Stop lies..provide links for backup!

Don't waste your time on that onye ofe nmanu.

8 Likes

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by GstringAngela(f): 6:23pm On Aug 07, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Did I hear you say vice president?
you must be a ignorant nitwit if you do not know that alex ekweme was the vice president of Nigeria during the administration of Alhaji Shehu Shagari: 1979 - 1983

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by 1love4all: 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
An achiever.

1 Like

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by Trending(m): 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
good
Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by kulobyno: 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
Ok
Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by Georgekyrian(m): 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
Wow, am proud of my town Ahiazu Mbaise..

5 Likes

Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by akinlex(m): 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2015
Really Kudos!!!
Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by Chestbeater: 6:41pm On Aug 07, 2015
Kwenu!!!!
Re: RADIO MBAISE ; Meet Damian Anyanwu, The Inventor. Picture. by Raemhure001(m): 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2015
Hmmmmm....okay....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 10 Greatest Rappers Of All Time / Searching - 2BABA ft. Bongos Ikwue (Video) / Top Ten Rappers Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.