Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,887 members, 7,863,021 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:40 AM

Police Arrest Two Cops For Assault On LASTMA Officials - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Two Cops For Assault On LASTMA Officials (443 Views)

3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos Over Assault On Asthmatic Patient / Police Burst Ritualists' Den In Osun, Arrest Two Brothers / Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Two Cops For Assault On LASTMA Officials by Abbeyme: 3:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
The Lagos State Police Command Tuesday arrested two policemen for assaulting officials of the Lagos State Traffic Management Agency (LASTMA), who were on their legitimate duty.

Although details were yet unclear as at press time, THISDAY gathered that the policemen had assaulted the LASTMA officials for daring to confront them.

The policemen who were in a patrol van were said to have attempted to drive against traffic but were stopped by LASTMA officials.

Confronted by the supposed effrontery of the LASTMA officials, the policemen were said to have pounced on them.

Confirming the assault, the state Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, warned policemen in the command to uphold the highest standards of their professional calling.

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/police-arrest-two-cops-for-assault-on-lastma-officials/216753/
Re: Police Arrest Two Cops For Assault On LASTMA Officials by INTROVERT(f): 3:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
ok
Re: Police Arrest Two Cops For Assault On LASTMA Officials by CreamyAutos(m): 4:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
Nigeria police officers will be assaulting civilians but when Nigeria military men assault them they will begin to cry foul.

I remember when an army officer told my friend who is a police officer to come down from his bike and push the bike pass their check point, he was angry and turned back.

When he told me i laugh out loud.
Re: Police Arrest Two Cops For Assault On LASTMA Officials by Abbeyme: 4:48pm On Aug 07, 2015
CreamyAutos:
Nigeria police officers will be assaulting civilians but when Nigeria military men assault them they will begin to cry foul.

I remember when an army officer told my friend who is a police officer to come down from his bike and push the bike pass their check point, he was angry and turned back.

When he told me i laugh out loud.

Hmmmmm.

Police and military have not been good of friends since time immemorial.
Re: Police Arrest Two Cops For Assault On LASTMA Officials by kennyman2000(m): 5:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
Good one.

(1) (Reply)

IG To Curb Human Rights Abuses At SARS / Woman Dies Fighting Over Boyfriend In Bauchi / Oscar Pistorious Set To Be Released From Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.