Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

The Nigerian Supply Chain: A Fresh Start For Retailers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Nigerian Supply Chain: A Fresh Start For Retailers (1293 Views)

What Business Can I Start For My Wife With 500k / Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action / Pharma Products Looking For Retailers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Supply Chain: A Fresh Start For Retailers by chrisdominic: 4:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
A new trend has emerged over the last few years. This trend I believe is revolutionalizing the way business is carried out in Nigeria. Gone are the days when only big shots manned the importation business. Microimporters have come and they are here to stay. The rise of microimporters has added another dimension to the supply chain in Nigeria. One obvious advantage which microimporters possess over large scale importers is that they are closer to the retailer than the large scale importers. They communicate better with the retailer, give more details about the product and this helps the retailer understand his products better.

One cannot overestimate the role of the internet in this new sphere of opportunities. One cannot also overestimate the role of platforms like alibaba.com and [url]suppliersnigeria.com[/url]. While the former links manufacturers in China to importers all over the world, the latter links suppliers, importers, wholesalers and manufacturers in Nigeria to retailers in Nigeria. Websites like [url]suppliersnigeria.com[/url] have made it easy for retailers to source products online from reputable suppliers and importers at wholesale prices while still enjoying pay on delivery options.

Retailers now make much more profit since middlemen who were responsible for introducing importers to retailers and in the process cut down the retailer’s profit have been eliminated. The rise of microimporters driven by international and local business-to-business platforms holds various implications for the supply chain and the Nigerian economy at large. Apart from a general boom in the number of SMEs in the country and reduction of unemployment rate, retailers are bound to make more profit while importers stand to be introduced to a whole new market populace. One can almost certainly feel the frenzy; after all, it’s happening all around us.
Re: The Nigerian Supply Chain: A Fresh Start For Retailers by blessedcjlink: 4:34pm On Aug 07, 2015
Nice one...make i book my 1st page space

cheesy grin angry sad shocked
Re: The Nigerian Supply Chain: A Fresh Start For Retailers by ugo13(m): 4:43pm On Aug 07, 2015
which one is suppliersnigeria...is it like alibaba of nigeria?
Re: The Nigerian Supply Chain: A Fresh Start For Retailers by eluquenson(m): 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
This is a good initiative
Re: The Nigerian Supply Chain: A Fresh Start For Retailers by chrisdominic: 9:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
ugo13:
which one is suppliersnigeria...is it like alibaba of nigeria?
its a wholesale trade website for Nigeria..importers and suppliers meet retailers on the site
Re: The Nigerian Supply Chain: A Fresh Start For Retailers by chrisdominic: 7:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
chrisdominic:

its a wholesale trade website for Nigeria..importers and suppliers meet retailers on the site
they use minimum order quantities too
Re: The Nigerian Supply Chain: A Fresh Start For Retailers by Nobody: 4:03am On Aug 12, 2015
ok oooo...payment on delivery even if the buyer is buying goods worth 200k.....ok oooo

payment on delivery is better for retail sales....
Re: The Nigerian Supply Chain: A Fresh Start For Retailers by abuchukwu: 7:30am On Aug 12, 2015
I like dat suppliersnigeria.com idea. It will benefit wholesalers a lot. I listed a leather bag with minimum order of 10 pcs. I received an order and I instantly sold 10 bags. It's really good.
Re: The Nigerian Supply Chain: A Fresh Start For Retailers by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 12, 2015
abuchukwu:
I like dat suppliersnigeria.com idea. It will benefit wholesalers a lot. I listed a leather bag with minimum order of 10 pcs. I received an order and I instantly sold 10 bags. It's really good.
how did you ship to your buyer and how did you receive your payment
Re: The Nigerian Supply Chain: A Fresh Start For Retailers by abuchukwu: 8:38am On Aug 12, 2015
omoteamac:
how did you ship to your buyer and how did you receive your payment
I used IBL. The supply was within lagos, so it was easy. They do pickup and delivery.
If it was in other state I will use QUO. They do home delivery and collect payment. But they need you to have a prior deposit of 10,000naira with them. They collect their payment from the 10k not the payment they collected from the buyer.
Re: The Nigerian Supply Chain: A Fresh Start For Retailers by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 12, 2015
abuchukwu:

I used IBL. The supply was within lagos, so it was easy. They do pickup and delivery.
If it was in other state I will use QUO. They do home delivery and collect payment. But they need you to have a prior deposit of 10,000naira with them. They collect their payment from the 10k not the payment they collected from the buyer.
what if the buyer fails to show up..that means a part of the 10k I deposited is gone
Re: The Nigerian Supply Chain: A Fresh Start For Retailers by emeliaingram: 5:29am On May 26, 2017
Well supply chain is very important to a business and it involves the processes and operations of a business. This supply chain will help a lot to them of course because it can make their business more effective and efficient and it will drive the profit of the business.

Regards,
Emelia I.
BRI Supply Chain Management Consultants
http://www.brint.com.au/services/consultancy

(1) (Reply)

Please My Fellows I Need An Urgent Advice In This Importation Business Idea / I Need A Serious Partner To Start A Business / Business To Start With Just N20,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.