Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,925 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

CASSANDRA >:( - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / CASSANDRA >:( (9299 Views)

SILVERHORSE - Chapter One - Cassandra And I - (episode1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CASSANDRA >:( by ikombe: 7:50pm On Aug 07, 2015
Episode 1

Story written by coolval
Episode one

Walking into my office in the early hours of Monday 5th January 2015 was this young man. Dark, tall, strongly built and handsome. But one quick look at him, I noticed he was very troubled. He looked very shaken and nervous.
I smiled politely, offering him a chair.

‘’good morning sir’’ I greeted, wondering what was troubling such a strong dude this early in the day.

‘’I guess you are Coolval?. The guy I always read his stories online?’’ he asked, forcing out a smile. I nodded, smiling back.

‘’yes sir, but you can call me valentine’’ I replied quickly. He breathed deeply and shrugged.

‘’well I’m here to tell you a story. I’m here to pour out my heart so that you can write it down and share it out to the world . I want people to read my story and probably learn from it. This is a story of love, hopes and betrayal. This is a story that most unmarried guys out there, especially in Nigeria can relate to. It’s a story of my relationship with a young lady called CASSANDRA. A girl that sent me crashing down with love’’ he said with such a strong spirit, his eyes turning dark red as he cleared his throat to start one of the passionate stories I have ever heard.

——————————————————————————————–

My name is David Odueke. A native of Imo state, Nigeria. I’m thirty three years old and also the first son in a family of three boys and a girl. Now here is my story…

On 30th December 2013, my younger sister got married to the love of her life. It was a very happy and festive day for every member of my family and it equally was the day I made up my mind to do everything necessary to get married, since God in his infinite mercy was blessing me tremendously.

Being the first son in a very poor family, I left the village at a very young age to serve one of my uncles in Onitsha. I served him for five years before I was settled with a well stocked shop. I was twenty five years by then and just like I promised my father, I quickly brought my immediate younger brother to the city and together we worked hard to provide for our last two siblings. I made sure they got the education that I was denied due to poverty and God being merciful made my business to boom so much that in five years I had three shops in Onitsha plus two new shops in Owerri. I was dealing in house rugs, carpet and electronics. A very profitable business that swelled my bank accounts the way I never imagined. And with that kind of money under my control, I began dreaming big. I planned erecting a big house in my village and equally planned marrying a beautiful well educated girl, preferably a doctor, nurse or a banker.

In order to fulfill my aim, I relocated to Owerri in September 2013 from where I controlled my business empire. I relocated to Owerri because I felt, getting an educated girl would be much easier in such town than in a commercial city like Onitsha. My hopes were totally up but unfortunately December soon arrived without me winning any girl. But it never brought down my spirit because I felt good things do take time to come.
Christmas arrived and I traveled to the village to celebrate with my family, especially with my sister who was getting married that Christmas.

As the marriage ceremony went on that fateful day, I slowly screened the crowd, searching for a lady that would gain my attention. In no time, I spotted this fair beautiful damsel. Very tall, graceful and super hot. She looked like a sea goddess , her smiles very electrifying and stunning. I gazed in wonder at the marvelous beauty before me.

‘’dear lord. I hope, she’s the one. I pray she accepts me.’’ I prayed as I quickly made my way to where she stood chatting with her friend.

‘’excuse me, please can I have a word with you?’’ I asked politely. She threw a quick look at her friend who nodded in approval. She smiled and drew closer to me while her friend took some steps back.

‘’my name is David, Amara’s elder brother. The girl getting married is my sister’’ I nervously introduced myself. She smiled once again, throwing the killing smile that attracted me to her.

‘’I know already. Your sister and I are in the same school’’ she replied, encouraging me with her sweet reply.

‘’really!, so what’s your name and what course are you studying in the university?’’ I asked breathlessly.

‘’my name is CASSANDRA. I’m a medical student’’ she quickly answered. My heart instantly overflowed with great joy like someone who just won a jackpot.

‘’she’s definitely the one. She’s the wife God destined for me’’ I reasoned with great joy.

I was the happiest man on earth that very moment.

To be continued
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by jackpot(f): 2:17am On Aug 08, 2015
FTC
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by Nobody: 5:31am On Aug 08, 2015
Hmhm
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by ikombe: 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2015
Episode 2
''I spotted you from afar and your beauty instantly attracted me'' I said softly, drawing out another smile from Cassandra. Oh you should have seen how my entire body shook with joy and satisfaction as I chatted with the beautiful damsel. In my mind she was already mine. All that was left was to propose and get married to her as quickly as possible. I felt like running home to my parents, screaming that i have found a wife. Yea that was exactly how I felt. I felt like a virgin boy who just got his first girlfriend and to be sincere she was the first classy girl or should I say sophisticated girl I was chatting up in such fashion. My head just swelled with lots of plans.
''I really will love to have your phone number so that we could chat up later'' I finally demanded with great hopes. She instantly obliged, giving me her phone number which I saved in my phone, complimented her looks one more time before walking away with great happiness.
''thank you God'' I breathed happily.
----------------------
Very early the next day, after a very restless night filled with dreams, I called Cassandra on phone for the first time. My heart pounded furiously as I waited for her to pick up.
''hey good morning, it's David, Amara's brother'' I quickly greeted and soon as she picked up the call.
''hey good morning, what's up'' she replied lively, encouraging me with her reply.
''hope you got home on time yesterday?'' I asked,
''yep'' she answered,
''hope your people are cool?'' I asked,
''yep'' she answered,
''so how are you going to spend the day?'' I asked,
''hmmmm, nothing much'' she muttered with slight hesitation.
''how about we meet today?'' I asked. She kept quiet for a while.
''come on say something please?'' I urged,
''is it really necessary?'' she asked,
''yes oooo. I really will do anything to be with you today'' I chipped in. she laughed out.
''so where do you want us to meet?'' she asked,
''hmmm, I actually don't know the place that will be convenient for you since you are in the village'' I stammered.
''Owerri will be great. Just pick anywhere in Owerri'' she added, leaving a great smile on my face.
''okay that's cool. Let's meet in Crunches by 3pm'' I said quickly.
''Crunches?. As in the fast food opposite Mbari kitchen?'' she asked innocently,
''exactly'' I answered with great spirit.
-----------------------------
By 3pm the fateful day, I was already in Crunches restaurant, very nervous and excited. I really was all out to impress the beautiful girl who was such a big catch to me.
Believe it or not, I even did a short English practice at home in order to impress her with my good command of the language. My dressing that evening was equally superb. An expensive stripped shirt, plain matching trouser and black shoes.
My heart throbbed loudly as I nervously waited for Cassandra who showed up by 3:30pm , apologizing politely.
''I'm so sorry for being late. The bus i boarded, broke down on the way and the driver refused refunding us'' she explained but I never cared for the explanation. Her presence was all I needed.
In no time I ordered for food and drinks which we devoured gracefully. I used the opportunity to study her more appropriately and i was convinced with no doubt that she had the grace, manners and air of a sophisticated lady. The type of woman I wanted as a wife.
''so tell me about yourself?. You speak as if you studied in England'' she suddenly demanded, leaving me a bit uncomfortable with the question.
''actually I'm self employed'' I answered slowly, drawing out a sharp inquisitive gaze from her.
''really!, so what exactly do you do?'' she asked curiously.
''I'm a business man. I sell electronics, rugs and house stuffs. I have shops in Onitsha and Owerri'' I answered truthfully but I couldn't help but notice her lively eyes drop even though she quickly forced out a smile to hide her true feelings.
I paid no heed to her initial reaction. I simply was blinded with love and such a costly mistake it was.
Each time I remember that moment , the way she reacted when I told her my occupation, I feel like crying because I had every opportunity to walk away but I didn't because I was so much in love.
To be continued
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by ikombe: 4:45pm On Aug 09, 2015
Episode 3
''so what actually do you want from me?'' Cassandra suddenly asked, leaving her beautiful eyes on me. I tried to relax as I met her gaze, breathing heavily as I quickly formed an answer in my mind.
''I know you probably must be hearing what I'm about telling you everyday but I beg of you to believe me. I'm not a kid and I'm equally not getting younger. I'm at the ripe age to settle down and I'm here with you today because you have all the qualities I need in a wife. I really would so much appreciate if you will consider me much more than a friend. Let's make things happen together. Let's fix our future together'' I answered solemnly, my heart pounding furiously as I watched her reaction. She simply smiled and shrugged.
''invariably, you want me as a wife and not as a girlfriend?'' she asked slowly. I nodded quickly.
''well just like you said, this isn't the first, second nor third time I'm hearing such words. I'm equally not a kid nor a naive young girl who would shiver on hearing the word marriage. To win someone like me, you will have to work hard for it. You will first work your way into my heart . first as a friend, then as a lover before I can even consider you. '' she simply replied, leaving me a bit excited and confused at the same time.
''but we are already friends right?'' I asked with a smile. She rolled her eyes.
''well for now, we are mere acquaintances. You haven't proved yourself as a friend yet'' she answered, leaving me extremely surprised. My face fell.
''come on, don't be like that. You should know I'm not an easy person. I don't mess around. So you have all the time to prove yourself to me. You are aiming towards marriage and it requires dedication and commitment'' she preached while I shrugged with resignation.
''so when are we seeing again?'' I asked.
''I really don't know. I'm going back to school on the third of January'' she answered.
''alright. I believe we will be seeing often'' I murmured.
'' I hope so' she breathed.
----------------------
I drove her home afterwards, before rushing home to meet my dad anxiously waiting for me.
''where went you?'' dad asked,
''I went to see a friend'' I answered with a smile.
''I hope you didn't go drinking with friends?'' he asked suspiciously. I laughed.
''come on dad, will I be back this early supposing I went out drinking with friends. Actually I was with a woman. A lady I plan to marry'' I answered innocently, leaving a great smile on the old man's face.
''now you are talking son. You know I have been worried that at your age you are yet to bring a woman home. But why hang out with her outside?. Why didn't you bring her home?'' he queried with a frown.
''don't worry dad. I will soon bring her home. I promise". I assured the old man .
-------------------
New year (2013) arrived with me getting more fond of Cassandra. We spoke on phone almost four times every day . I couldn't stay an hour without thinking about her. She equally responded and behaved very well to me. Her responses and everything she did was kind of a green light to me. I fell madly in love with her. I never hesitated in telling my friends and neighbors about my Cassandra even though the pretty girl was yet to officially say yes to me but I believed her positive/ encouraging actions towards me were more than the yes I needed.
I was so ready to do anything for her. I was so madly in love. Everything was green in my eyes.
On the second Thursday of January 2013, she surprised me with a phone call.
''hi Dave , what's up?'' she greeted.
''I'm fine very dear'' I answered with happiness.
''I will be very free this weekend and I want to spend it with you. Hope you will be free to pick me up on Friday evening ?'' she asked, surprising me with the unexpected offer. I couldn't find my voice for some seconds. I could believe my ears. I couldn't believe it was all real.
''gosh a hot girl like Cassandra offering to spend a full weekend with me, without me even asking?'' I reasoned with great joy.
''there isn't any doubt she's mine. Of course what is yours is yours'' I summarized as I l####d my lips in anticipation of the great weekend that awaited me.
Just like she promised, by 7pm that fateful Friday, the pretty girl was well settled in my apartment, making me the most happiest bachelor on earth. My mind was so full of expectations.
OH CASSANDRA¿. So beautiful, so charming, well mannered but full of pretense..
To be continued
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by ikombe: 4:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
pls guys keep the comments rolling undecided
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by moseph(f): 5:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
I am so following this story to the end.
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by Tantidora(f): 6:32pm On Aug 09, 2015
U can read the full story on coolval22.com op stop postin some1 story. U wil soon hear from Val the author of this story
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by ikombe: 1:40am On Aug 12, 2015
Tantidora:
U can read the full story on
coolval22.com
op stop postin some1 story.
U wil soon hear from Val the author of this story
i never said i was the owner undecided
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by ikombe: 1:43am On Aug 12, 2015
Episode 4
I took Cassandra out for a wonderful dinner in one of the new expensive restaurants in town before we returned to my apartment for a good night rest.
My hormones raged on fire as we settled on my bed that fateful evening. My heart throbbed loudly as a thousand and one thoughts raced through my head. In fact the way I felt was simply indescribable. Cassandra's actions were just totally encouraging.
''perhaps I might even get the chance to blow her tonight'' I reasoned as I laid beside her, staring into her beautiful eyes.
Even though I had three extra rooms in my apartment, I made Cassandra to sleep in my room, though with the expectation that she might decline but surprisingly she made no argument nor refused sleeping in my room. She accepted with good faith which made me love her the more because her behavior made me to see her as a very matured and respectful lady.
''why are you staring at me like that?'' she softly asked as we exchanged glances. I breathed deeply and closed my eyes for some seconds.
''I'm so happy. I really cant believe you are here with me'' I confessed. She blushed and shifted uneasily.
''come on stop it. Moreover I know you have lots of girlfriends'' she breathed.
''well since I got to this town I haven't even seen a lady of my choice, talk more of having her as a girlfriend. Though my line of business hardly gives me the opportunity to mingle with ladies. So you are the only lady in my life right now and I want you to occupy that position for eternity'' I answered. She kept quiet, saying nothing.
''don't you like me?'' I suddenly asked for no reason, drawing close to caress her face. My hand trembled as I touched her affectionately.
'''of course I like you. If not, I wouldn't be here'' she answered, melting my heart with her words. I drew closer, finding her lips and kissing her. She instantly drew back and sat up.
''please that should stop. It's too early for you to be kissing me. You have to respect me'' she said seriously, coloring up and leaving me drawn back with surprise and regret.
''I'm sorry dear'' I stammered, swallowing my emotions and feelings. Of course the way she reacted when I kissed her suspended the sexual plans I had for the night but nevertheless I knew she had every right to behave the way she did and my respect for her still remained the same.
We slept without making love.
--------------------------
Cassandra wasn't only good looking and sophisticated, she equally was very good with house chores. The pretty damsel used the later part of the next day which was Saturday to prepare a delicious pot of stew and soup for me. A very tasty meal it was and the aroma was just enough to attract even enemies to my home.
In my mind, every thing about her was perfect. I resolved to make her my wife as soon as possible. I was ready to go through any hurdle just to wed her.
As we settled in my room, that Saturday night. I stared at her with the urge to make love to her but I was very scared of upsetting her. I just didn't know what to do.
''there is something that has been bothering me and I feel like sharing it with you but my fear is that it isn't the right time to disturb you with my problems'' I heard her say with a soft whisper. I instantly drew closer to her.
''what's the problem my dear?'' I asked with great concern.
''no don't worry, let's forget it'' she breathed. I held her hands, staring into her eyes.
''you can trust me with your problems. I can help in any way possible'' I urged. She breathed deeply, hesitating slightly.
''it's about my hostel rent'' she stammered.
''so what happened ?'' I asked.
''things are very hard for my family right now. Mum hasn't been paid her salary since last year October and my dad is really struggling with the bills and every other thing. My two brothers are in a private university and their school fees just drained the little money my dad had left. I'm now left with no choice than to pack out of my current lodge and squat with a friend which I'm not used to. I have been staying in a self contained room right from my first year in the university.''' She explained, tears dropping from her eyes as she opened her mind to me. I was touched.
She sounded so real, so genuine , so emotional. Plus the tears. No I couldn't bear watching her cry.
''so how much is the rent?'' I asked softly.
'' ninety thousand naira N90,000 (aprox $450)'' she answered.
''hmmm it's a lot of money but don't worry. I will give you the money as you leave for your school on Sunday'' I promised, drawing out a great smile from her. She quickly wiped her tears.
''oh my God.. thank you dearest"" she beamed with great joy, throwing herself on my body and hugging me strongly.
However that was all I got from her that fateful night. I never dared going for s#x, out of fear that she might interpret it wrongly and very early on Sunday morning , I made a quick withdrawal at an ATM machine nearby ¿..
Cassandra left with N95,000 on her first visit to my house. N90,000 for the hostel rent and additional N5000 for her upkeep. A huge amount enough to take my building project in the village to the next level. But I did it all for love.. I felt investing in her was much profitable than my building project at home¿
To be continued

Episode 5
After Cassandra left my house that fateful Sunday, I began having double mindset over the huge amount of money I gave her. A small part of me felt that I had been conned while a greater part of me felt that I did the right thing.
I kind of became uneasy and had no choice than to open up to my friend Chinedu who was the only closest friend I had in the city..
Chinedu popularly known as ''EDU ELECTRONICS" was a big electronics dealer. He had three big shops in the city and equally sourced his merchandize directly from his contacts in china. Unlike me, he was a university graduate but due to the high level of unemployment in the country had no choice than to start up a business with the help of his brothers.
He was the only person that welcomed me with open arms when I newly got a shop in his area and soon we became close friends, behaving as if we were even from the same community. Just like most guys, we hid nothing pertaining romance and relationships from each other. He always shared stories of his affairs with ladies to me and he equally was the first person I told about Cassandra when I returned to the city after Christmas.
''so my guy, that was how I parted with N95,000 yesterday'' I explained as we settled in his shop the next day. He breathed deeply and shook his head.
''it isn't bad to help out a girl , especially someone you value so much, but I kind of feel that it is too early for her to demand such amount of money from you'' he said seriously.
''so supposing you had no such money with you. I bet the relationship would have ended as she left your house'' he added, drawing out a little fear from me.
''seriously?, but she never forced me though'' I defended.
''yes I know she needs the money quite alright but assuming you couldn't afford it, she would have moved over to another one of her contacts. She's definitely ready to do anything to get that money. That's how most campus girls behave bro. They do anything for money, especially when in need of large sum'' he summarized.
''well no body is a saint frankly. But I believe if I can show her enough love, she wont have any need to notice other guys. I so much love the girl'' I confessed.
''hmmm love is a beautiful thing bro, but In Nigeria a girl has to prove that she loves you beyond reasonable doubt or have gone far with you before you invest more than N20,000 on her head. She has to prove her love man. If not you are on your own'' he advised.
''I guess you mean, I should try and have s#x with her?''' I asked like a school boy. He burst out in laughter.
''s#x?, come on s#x is nothing. Girls give it out for as low as N400 ($2) or even for free. Since you are very serious about marrying her, you can simply tell her that you are ready to introduce her to your family to see her reaction. The money you even gave her is enough to pay her bride-price. It's not as if I'm against you helping out a girl but in this case you are helping because you want her as a wife, so it should be 50/50. Moreover the bad girls are way more than the good girls nowadays, making it difficult to know the right girl. So get her to know your family, let her introduce you to her family as well, create a strong relationship, after then you can be sure of what you are paying for.'' He advised strongly, leaving me shaking my head in agreement.
''so how about Nora?'' he suddenly asked, changing the topic and leaving me a bit thrown back with the question.
Nora was my neighbor. A hair stylist who lived next door with her younger sister. She was very beautiful, well mannered and fond of me. I saw her as a friendly neighbor and nothing more. I never was attracted to her though sometimes as a guy the urge to make sexually advances to her did come in the past but I suppressed them. She always helped me whenever i needed help, especially in cooking.
However she was yet to return to her apartment since last December she traveled home for Christmas and as a friend it was my duty to call and ask what was keeping her in the village but I was yet to do so. Which made Chinedu's question to leave me a bit uncomfortable.
''I haven't heard from her since this year. She's yet to return from Christmas holiday.'' I answered.
''hmmmm that girl loves you but it's unfortunate you are yet to realize it'' my friend chipped in.
''well you know what I want now is marriage. I cant go on to deceive a good girl like her, waste her time and end up marrying another person'' I explained.
''you know your problem?. You have such a high taste and it isn't good. Supposing Nora is a graduate you wont be saying this'' he said as if he was in my mind while I shrugged, saying nothing.
--------------------
8pm, David' house
I barely had settled down to enjoy my night meal. A plate of garri with the wonderful soup Cassandra cooked for me when I heard a gentle knock on my door. I lazily left my food and opened the door to see Nora smiling at me.
I swallowed hard with shock and guilt, not knowing what to say because I still failed to call her like I had wanted after chatting with Chinedu earlier in the day.
''hmmm I see you are eating. The aroma is quite tempting. Don't tell me a lady is in there?'' she asked with a quick smile, which covered the pain in her eyes but I still noticed.. i tried saying something but lost my voice.
"i guess i'm no longer welcomed. no wonder you never even bothered to call and ask what was keeping me at home. it's okay. Thanks for being a friend" she said with a voice that touched me, tears quickly forming in her eyes.
She quickly turned and backed me as soon as she realized that i noticed the tears.
"Nora" i breathed, clueless on what exactly to say to her. But i had no chance to say nothing more because she quickly headed to her apartment without another word.
"Nora wait please" i called again and again. She never stopped nor looked back.
To be continued

Episode 6
I shut my door, returned to my meal and quickly finished it with a well troubled mind. I rushed back to Nora's apartment afterwards, knocking on her door.
I knocked for about twenty minutes but she refused to answer. I tried calling her on phone but she equally refused to pick up the call, leaving me totally worried. I couldn't imagine how she was feeling.
Of course I definitely knew how painful it feels finding out that the person you care so much for, has no same feelings for you.
''Nora please open up. We need to talk. I beg of you'' I pleaded again and again but she never answered back nor opened her door for me..
-----------------
Early the next day after dressing up for work, I rushed over to Nora's apartment once again, praying she talks to me this time around. I was lucky to meet her apartment door open, so I walked in nervously, praying for her not to over react on seeing me.
I ran into Nora in her sitting room. She was well dressed up and in the process of leaving the house. She froze on seeing me while I equally stopped with a forced smile.
''good morning'' she greeted a bit coldly.
''please we need to talk. All I need is just five minutes of your time'' I begged seriously. She silently studied me for some seconds before nodding and breathing deeply.
''fine, I have five minutes to spare'' she muttered with a drawn face. I slowly sat on a couch, making chance for her to sit beside me. She hesitantly obliged.
Holding her hands, I stared into her eyes.
''I'm very sorry for neglecting and not checking up on you all these while. I really have no sincere explanation for failing in my duty as a friend. Seriously it always crossed my mind to call you but at the end of the day I do forget. Please forgive me'' I apologized sincerely.
''I really don't know what to say. I never expected such attitude from you. In fact I purposely stopped myself from calling you on phone just to check if you will miss me but you never even noticed, which means I wasn't missed at all'' she complained softly, staring into my eyes.
''you know as of last year, I thought we were slowly getting there. I thought we were gradually hitting the top spot. But I don't understand you anymore'' she added, forcing me to look down with confusion.
Just like Chinedu hinted, the poor girl was definitely expecting much from our friendship which I wasn't ready to give.
''how the hell do I tell her my true feelings?. How do I tell her about Cassandra?'' I wondered.
''it's about another woman right?'' she slowly asked. I swallowed hard, saying nothing.
''so all the time I cooked for you, cleaned your house plus every other assistance i rendered meant nothing to you?'' she asked, freeing her hands from my grasp.
''no , no dear'' I stammered, raising up my face to meet her gaze. She was totally colored up and obviously angry.
''I thought we were just great friends. I never imagined you were aiming towards a relationship with me'' I stammered, but my words kind of pushed her feminine ego to the wall. She sprang up with great spirit. Her eyes blazing red.
''you have to leave now. Please leave'' she shouted. I stood up, drew close and hugged her, greatly surprising the angry girl with my action.
''I'm so sorry. I never imagined a beautiful girl like you would have strong feelings for me. I really thought you were assisting and helping me out of pity. Even though I used to feel something strong for you, I couldn't push my luck by asking you out in order not to betray your trust. You are such a wonderful girl and the last thing I want now is losing your friendship and help'' I said softly, melting down her heart with my well chosen words.
''I met this young girl last Christmas and I have been trying to build a relationship with her. She is nothing close to you in beauty and manners but I have my hopes up'' I expertly added. She broke free with shock, gazing at me with disbelief. This time around she let the tears in her eyes fall freely.
''I'm not a kid and there is nothing to hide from you again. My prayer has always been to marry you . All the help, All the attention, everything was done in expectation of the day you will ask me out. I guess fate has a way of doing things. There isn't any need hoping on a guy that now has feeling for another girl. I perfectly understand you'' she breathed, leaving me bleeding and hurt.
I quickly held her once again, holding her face with trembling hands and bringing my face closer to hers. Our lips were just but a hair away for each other.
''Nora. Nora I'm now confused'' I confessed with all my heart¿.
"a real man don't get confused over a woman. You are not confused. " She replied softly, leaving me speechless on what next to say.
It was very obvious she was clearly disappointed in me and at this stage i was a bit confused on taking the lifeline she offered and starting up something with her or putting all my eggs in Cassandra's basket. But living a life of deceit was something I just couldn't do.
To be continued
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by ikombe: 5:32am On Aug 13, 2015
Episode 7
Nora's sister walked in on us that moment, freezing on sensing the tension in the room. Nora instantly broke free from me.
''you have to think things through. You have till tonight to make up your mind. I'm leaving for my shop'' she said seriously. I nodded, breathed deeply and walked away without another word.
------
I headed straight to my shop afterwards. My mind totally confused and indecisive. I so badly wanted to be with Cassandra but there is this feeling a man gets when a woman openly reveals her love for him. I had that feelings in me which was the main reason I was confused on the path to thread.
Of course being with a woman who loves you a hundred percent is one of the greatest gifts of life but in the situation where you lack the same percentage of love towards her. It could be disastrous in future. A situation that could lead to infidelity.
--------------
Chinedu walked into my shop as I was preoccupied with my thoughts. He laughed and cracked a stupid joke which left me sighing as I eyed him.
''so tell me, what's getting you so worked up this early?'' he asked.
''Nora returned last night. We had a big talk this morning and she poured out her mind to me. She opened her feelings to me. Yes she's very much in love with me but you know I don't feel the same strong love for her'' I opened up to my friend.
''you know in this present age, it's better to go with a woman you are sure of her love than going for a woman you aren't yet sure of her position. As a guy you will get to feel strongly for her in due time once you set your heart on it.'' He advised. I looked up at him, searching his eyes for unhidden answers.
''are you sure about that?. I wish you could just feel the passion I have for Cassandra. it's so pure, so enchanting, so wondrous. Being with her makes me so happy. But all I feel for Nora right now is just compassion. You have to understand'' I pushed on. He shrugged with resignation.
''very well. It's your life. My duty as a friend is to advice and support you. I go with whoever you choose'' he muttered seriously.
------------
Later in the evening, after a very busy day in my shop. I was relaxing in my sitting room when Nora walked in like old times carrying a plate filled with sliced pineapples with her. She sat by my side with a cute smile. It was just as if she had forgotten our little talk in the morning.
''so tell me about the girl that made you forget me?''' she asked as we ate the pineapples she brought together. I smiled and faced her.
''her name is Cassandra. A medical student. She's very beautiful, friendly and jovial. You will like her when you meet her'' I said quickly.
''hmmmm I see'' she breathed, growing pale. I smiled once again and held her hand.
''you are a great lady and I have to be honest with you. Yes I was confused in the morning but now my mind is made. I'm settling for Cassandra and we will get married as soon as possible. I pray our friendship still remains''' I slowly said, watching her swallow hard with great pain. I couldn't help but feel her pain. It was so strong and powerful.
''thanks for being honest with me. Not many guys would do it. However I hope and pray that this new girl will make you happy. Girls can be deceptive, especially campus girls'' she said and stood up.
''I hope you know things wont remain the same between us anymore. From this moment our friendship will have limit'' she added. I stood up, rubbing my face with my hands. Surely I was in a very difficult position. I was doing what I wouldn't want a girl I so much love to do to me. I was doing something I wouldn't want Cassandra to do to me.
''by the way, can I see her picture?. Let me see the picture of the girl that made you lose your mind in this manner. I bet you have hundreds of them in your camera phone'' she suddenly asked, pushing me back with her request. But the unfortunate thing was that I had none of Cassandra's pictures in my phone. I never snapped her with my phone and she equally gave one flimsy excuse when I asked her to send some of her pictures to my phone, the last time we were together..
''I see you don't have her pictures?.. hmmmmmm good night'' she breathed and left my apartment without another word. I was left completely demoralized..
I Just couldn't sleep that night. All my thoughts were on Cassandra. It got so much that i had to get up by 11pm to call her on phone. Unfortunately she never answered, instead she switched off her phone after it rang once.
To be continue

Episode 8
As I headed to work the next day, I ran into Nora's younger sister outside my apartment. Surprisingly she walked past me without greeting nor even throwing a friendly smile which was very unusual of her. At first i felt like ignoring her and going my way but her behavior was something I couldn't just ignore.
''Stella'' I heard myself call out to the young lady who reluctantly stopped and faced me.
''what's wrong?. What did I do to you this morning that made you ignore me rudely?''' I asked. She simply threw me an askance look and turned to walk away, a behavior that upset me more.. In the past the young girl was someone who always kissed my feet with pleasure but I knew it was my current problem with her sister that was getting on her , something I wasn't happy about.
''Stella don't be rude. I'm still talking to you'' I reprimanded her. She faced me once again, looking very angry.
''please i have always respected you. Just go your way and don't upset me. I have my sister to attend to. She's very ill thanks for you. Thanks for realizing now that you had no feelings for her'' she poured out angrily, turned and ran into her apartment, shutting the door. I quickly followed her, banging on the locked door which she opened after realizing that i was hell bent in bringing down the door with my hands.
''where is your sister?. Don't tell me she's actually sick?'' I asked, barging into the apartment. She shrugged and walked into Nora's room while I followed with a pounding heart.
(I had no choice than to delay going out for my business in order to see things for myself. It was something I had to do whether I wanted or not.)
Nora was lying on her bed when I got in. she slowly sat up on seeing me. The expression on her face clearly showed how surprised she was to see me.
''why did you bring him in?. what did you tell him?'' she asked her sister who smiled and sat beside her.
''I had to tell him that you are sick. I had no choice sister. I couldn't bear seeing you suffer like this for a man who dosent deserve you" she replied, holding her hands. I drew forward with both hands in my trouser pocket. A bit clueless on what to say to her.
''Nora my dear, I couldn't help but abandon where I was going when I heard about your health'' I stammered, drawing close to feel her pulse.
'' I'm fine, you can leave now'' she said with a forced smile. I stared at her for some seconds, not knowing what else to say or do.
''she cried all night , getting herself down with fever in the end'' her sister chipped in. I felt extremely bad.
''don't worry about me. I'm fine. I took some pills before you walked in. You can go attend your business'' Nora urged.
-------
Hours later @my shop
''so that's it brother. That was the condition I met Nora this morning'' I narrated to Chinedu, who patiently listened to everything I told him concerning how things went down the previous day between Nora and I.
''you have no good reason for treating that girl the way you are doing. Why not give having a relationship with her a shot and see where it leads. Cassandra is in her school and far from you. I don't think there is anything to lose experimenting with the two ladies'' he advised.
''I don't just know brother. I hate taking advantage of anyone, especially someone like Nora'' I breathed¿
-------
7:45pm, Nora's apartment
I walked into the apartment with a sweet smile on my face. Nora was in the sitting room, watching a TV program-me but instantly turned her attention on me as soon as she noticed my presence. Stella dutifully disappeared into one of the rooms after letting me into the apartment.
''so how are you feeling dear?'' I asked, sitting beside her. She breathed deeply, saying nothing.
''I see you went nowhere today. How about we go out?. Take a walk outside?'' I offered, she stared at me with hesitation, saying nothing, looking a bit indecisive.
''come on, go get dressed'' I urged, forcing her to her feet.''
In no time we left the apartment, holding each other like lovers as we took a short walk down the street, chatting and discussing many inconsequential things. We soon ended up in a small joint where we enjoyed a plate of pepper soup together
But she really had no appetite for the meal, all she wanted was just to be with me. I however forced her to eat , ordering for only one plate which we shared with fun. It was really romantic, I must confess. It was also my first time publicly sharing a plate of food with a girl.
''so how about the girl Cassandra?'' she suddenly asked as we strolled back home.
''hmmm Cassandra. I love her very much but right now your happiness and health is my priority'' I breathed, leaving her blushing over my words.
Just that moment, it started raining without warning. We felt rain drop on us .
''jeez, is this rain or what?, in this time of the year'' she suddenly asked with laughter as people around us started running to dodge the rain¿
''we have to run home dear. I cant believe this. Thank God we didn't go far''' I breathed with excitement which drew out more laughter from her.
We instantly ran home like little children, letting the rain drench us as we ran instead of waiting for it to stop before heading home. However i was a bit concerned over her health because she wasn't really feeling fine earlier in the day.
On getting to our compound, we ran into my apartment, breathing heavily.
''I never knew you could run so well'' I said sweetly, hugging her softly. She held me , leaving her full chest on mine¿
It was just as if a great current ignited in us that very moment. We began kissing, undressing each other with great energy.
To be continued
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by ikombe: 11:17am On Aug 15, 2015
Episode 9
It just started with a simple kiss, which quickly turned into a huge exchange of kisses. Our bodies instantly lit up with fire as we caressed each other, throwing away every caution as we devoured each other, kissing, caressing and handling. The passion I felt that moment was simply crazy . It was just as if we have been waiting for that spectacular moment.
The way we tore each other apart was indescribable but deep down I felt guilty about what I was doing even though I had no control over my body. I tried to stop myself. I tried hold my sexual urge but just couldn't. Nora on the other hand never resisted me, instead encouraged me with her responses and moans.
In no time we were naked in my sitting room. Our clothes flung miles away as if they were thrown by sea waves. Oh yes, the sexual wave in the room was much more stronger than anything on earth.
''oh dear, easy. Let me feel you. Let me love you.'' Nora moaned as I hungrily bit her tips. She shook, caressing my head and urging me to go on. There wasn't any doubt she needed me badly. There wasn't any doubt her heart , body and soul wanted me. She was overly wet and ready to receive all I had to offer.
The pretty girl was simply irresistible. I tried once again to hold myself as I stared at her beautiful naked body. My joystick superbly erect and waiting for me to plunge forward, something i hesitantly did.
''please forgive me''I breathed as I plunged into Nora via the good old missionary style. She shook and screamed as she felt my length inside her, clasping her hands round my naked as.s as I plunged in and out with great energy.
''ah I love you. This is wonderful. Davidddddddd'' she sang as I increased my tempo, shaking my head as the sweetness of it all took over the remaining sane part of my head. With one deep moan, I deposited everything in me inside her, breathing heavily as I slowly regained control of myself.
However I wasn't the only one who regained his senses after the dastardly act. Nora bit her lips with regret and instantly turned to hide her face as I pulled out of her.
''I'm sorry. I never planned for this to happen'' I apologized softly, staring remorsefully at her and wondering what else to say.
On a very good day, I would have carried her in my arms, whispering sweet nothings and making promises but in this situation she very much knew my feelings were with another woman and definitely was ashamed over what we just did because she cheapened herself to the lowest. I equally couldn't make promises i knew i would never keep because no matter what just happened between us my heart was still with Cassandra.
''Nora my dear, i still very much respect and value you. Don't feel too bad. we were only caught up with the heat of the moment'' I tried soothing her, but she pushed me violently away leaving me with no choice than to head to my toilet and clean up.
''dear lord, I have sinned, please I'm so ashamed and confused'' I prayed in the toilet¿
--------------
Nora picked up herself after about ten minutes of lying still on the floor, went to the toilet, cleaned up herself and returned to my sitting room with a serious look.
''Nora'' I breathed, desperately trying to come up with more soothing words but she wanted none of it.
''good bye David. From now onwards we are nothing but neighbors. I wont visit you and you wont visit me. Let's stay away from each other please'' she said seriously before leaving my apartment looking pale and sick.
I just couldn't get myself to stop her. I just couldn't get myself to drag her back into my arms, kiss and make promises to her. I caused enough damage to her troubled heart already. I felt awfully bad and bitter.
''oh Nora I hope you forgive me'' I sobbed after she left.
The love we made was nothing but a mistake, we were both carried away by different things. She probably did it with me out of love and want while I did it with her out of sexual urge and to satisfy my raging hormones, something I had battled for so long to prevent.
There is nothing I hated most than taking advantage of anyone but unfortunately I ended up taking advantage of her body and love.. Only if she had resisted me..
To be continued

Episode 10
I Laid low for the rest of the week, keeping to myself and attending to my businesses. I traveled to Onitsha during the weekend to check up on my brother and my shops which were doing very well like i expected.
I returned to Owerri, the next Monday with my mind focused on taking my relationship with Cassandra to the next level. I planned inviting her over and getting her to at least introduce me to her family. I desperately wanted to sped up my relationship with her. Oh yes I was very much in a hurry to wed the pretty damsel. I had the money. I had the required love. What again could stop me from getting married as soon as possible??.
I wasted no time in inviting Cassandra over again. At first she tried to come up with an excuse when I muttered the invitation but after insisting, she agreed to come over on Friday which was roughly four days away.
As for Nora, I tried my best to avoid her, which made me to always leave very early to my office each day and return very late at night in order not to run into her.
I avoided her out of nothing else but guilt. I couldn't bear seeing her face after that night of wondrous passion we shared. Deep down I really wanted to know how she was faring but had to avoid her because I had to hide from the guilt of seeing her looking so hurt.
Friday quickly approached with Cassandra showing up by 4pm. I had to leave my shop early just to be at home and wait for her arrival. I was extremely excited like a guy dying of love.
''I'm so happy to have you here my dear'' I said happily as I let her into my apartment. She smiled sweetly, melting my heart more with her charming smile.
''I'm equally glad to be here with you. It's just as if we haven't seen each other for ages'' she said like a girl fully in love. I drew close and hugged her from behind, breathing in the scent of her hair.
''but dear I'm really heading to Portharcout right now'' she added, freezing my heart with the unexpected words.
''I thought I invited you for the weekend?. I thought you are here to be with me?'' I stammered unhappily.
''I'm going home to see my parents. You see I have to try squeeze out some money from dad. I have three expensive text books to buy. So I'm on my way home to get the money. I only stopped here out of respect and due to the fact that you literally begged me to come over. Our exams are starting in late February and if not for it i would have stayed with you this weekend and then travel home the following weekend '' she muttered, breaking free and facing me with innocent eyes.
Her words, behavior and composure looked so real and convincing. I had no reason to doubt her. But I just couldn't let her leave. I was so happy seeing. I so badly wanted to be with her, moreover seeing her that evening increased everything I felt for her.
''don't look so sad. You see this is beyond my control. I'm so sorry'' she apologized meekly.
''how much are the text books?'' I asked. She swallowed hard and hesitated.
''They are quite expensive'' she stammered.
''how much?'' I asked again.
''The three is fourteen thousand Naira, plus a practical journal that cost one thousand Naira'' she answered. I kept quiet for a while, as I ran some calculations in my head.
''no I just cant let her go home because of fifteen thousand Naira. Being with her makes me so happy. No I cant let her go'' I concluded as i breathed deeply.
''supposing I provide the money will you stay the weekend with me?'' I asked seriously.
''yes of course I will, but it isn't necessary. I'm still my parents responsibility. You have already tried by helping me with my hostel rent'' she answered weakly. I smiled and placed my hands on her shoulders.
''don't worry, just be with me. By Sunday I will give you the money'' I suddenly offered, drawing out the wildest gasp from her.
''oh my gosh. This is unbelievable. You are simply amazing'' she breathed, grabbing my face and giving me the most hottest kiss I have ever gotten. My head exploded a million times over..
"i so much thank God for bringing you into my life in this difficult moment. I never imagined such a generous person like you will come into my life. you are simply the best" she cried, kissing me once again without any reservation, in a manner i never expected. I held on tightly to her, so happy that finally i had her love in my hands. Finally i had her under control.
But what i failed to realize was that the pretty girl was so good in making a man fall helplessly in love with her. She was so good at it, even way better than our Nollywood actress INI EDO ..
Oh Cassandra..
To be continued

Episode 11
Later in the night as we settled for a good night sleep. My heart pounded quickly out of excitement. I really was dying to make love to Cassandra. I so badly wanted to take the kiss she gave me earlier in the day which was still fresh in my memory to the next level. My excitement knew no bounds.
''Cassandra'' I breathed, grabbing her waist as my heart pounded faster..
''I so much love you. I so much want to be with you for the rest of my life. Please make me a happy man.'' I pleaded. She smiled and breathed deeply.
''I'm here with you my dear. I have no plans of going anywhere'' she replied sweetly. I drew closer, kissing her forehead. She kept quiet and closed her eyes, an action which I saw as a green light to continue with what I planned doing.
I so much wanted to make love to her. I so much wanted to relieve the tension in my waist. I so much wanted to be inside her. I so badly wanted to hear her scream and moan underneath me. I so much wanted to taste my Cassandra. I so much wanted to have a taste of her juicy body.
Slowly reaching down, I touched her b####t as the second step in tuning her up, slowly fondly the right side but she quickly held my hand, stopping me.
''oh Dave what do you want?'' she asked like a child. I swallowed hard, and kissed her lips.
''I badly want to make you mine. I love you so much Cassandra. I want you'' I breathed. She quickly drew back and sat up.
''we need to talk'' she said, looking very serious.
''what do you want us to talk tonight?'' I asked, sitting up and quickly controlling my raging hormones which were in the process of blowing out of proportion. I switched on the electric table lamp beside me in order to see her face clearly.
''yes I know you have been doing a lot for me lately. You have a very good and noble heart. All that i appreciate but I'm still yet to make a big decision concerning our relationship. Things between us are speeding much more than can be imagined. Yes It's a good thing but nevertheless we should respect each other . A relationship is all about knowing each other, building up trust and setting up a harmonious future. s#x is never a priority and should be something done when the relationship has reached maturity. And what I mean by maturity, is after the relationship has been legalized by marriage. In other words, I'm among the few ladies who believe in *no s#x before marriage*'' she preached, leaving me totally demoralized with her words.
Sensing my mood, She drew closer and caressed my chest, smiling reassuringly.
''listen my dear, s#x isn't something unmarried couples should engage in. it's a very big sin, moreover I made a vow to God that I will keep my body and heart pure till marriage only if he will get me a good man. God answered my prayers by bringing you to me and I have to keep my vow'' she added solemnly, throwing herself on me in an embrace. I held her tightly, sad but comforted with her words.
''so when are we meeting your parents. I'm so much in a hurry to meet them. I'm so much in a hurry to take our relationship to the next level'' I pushed on, surprising her with my words. She quickly broke free from me and stared into my eyes. It was very obvious she wasn't expecting such words from me.
''valentine's day is about two weeks away. How about we visit your family and celebrate the festive day with them?'' I offered seriously,pushing her back with my words. This time her face colored up with astonishment. Her hands shook for no reason.
''I'm very serious about you. I now leave the yam and knife with you. Everything is in your hands. Just tell me how it's going to be like. Will you take me to your family on Valentine's day?'' I pushed on, drawing close to kiss her.
''do you really love me that much?'' she asked with a slow whisper, surprising me with the question.
''oh yes I love you so much my dear. I will do anything to prove it'' I replied quickly but the next thing I saw was tears in her eyes. Cassandra started crying for no reason. Perhaps it was tears of joy..
''no it cant be'' she cried and backed me.
To be continued`

Episode 12
''what can't be my dear?''i asked , holding her with concern. She shook her head and stared into my eyes.
''such strong love. So powerful and pure. I cant believe you feel so much for me'' she poured out, melting my heart with her words. I smiled with satisfaction.
''but please let's just sleep. I want to sleep now'' she begged, leaving me with no choice than to shrug with resignation even though deep down I still badly felt like exploring her to my satisfaction. I never believed in holding s#x till marriage. It was one of the things I hated to even imagine, nevertheless I was ready to let her be for the night.
''there isn't any need rushing things'' I reasoned.
Nothing eventful happened early the next day. However Just like the last time she visited, she cleaned my house and cooked for me. By 4pm we visited chinedu who hosted us at a plush eatery close to his apartment. It really was an opportunity I used in letting my friend check out Cassandra who as usual behaved her best. She so totally impressed Chinedu that he ended up smiling and nodding to all she did..
But as we returned to my apartment hours later, we ran into Nora at the corridor, something i so much wished not to happen and It equally was my first time of seeing her after the passionate evening we shared a week a ago. Nora froze on seeing us while I quickly regained my composure and greeted her jovially.
''wow Nora, it's been a while ooo. How have you been doing?'' I greeted quickly. She forced out a smile , throwing a quick look at Cassandra.
''oh yes I have been busy. Good evening'' she greeted.
''meet my friend Cassandra. the girl I told you about sometime back'' I introduced, Cassandra blushed and greeted .
''you are welcome my dear. Please make my neighbor very happy. The poor guy wont let me rest with your story'' she politely said to Cassandra who blushed once again. I stared at her with disbelief. I couldn't believe she could act so cool and friendly before Cassandra. My guilty conscience instantly began hurting me.
''okay now. Good night'' She greeted and walked past us while I slowly went into my apartment with Cassandra who never noticed how miserable and shaken up I was.
As we settled for down for a good night sleep. I hungrily stared at Cassandra once again, overly tempted to pounce and make love to the beautiful girl. I really was so h###y and desperate. I just couldn't continue staring at the food before me, unable to do a thing.
''Cassandra dear'' I breathed, placing my hand on her body.
''what is it again? '' she asked sleepily .
''you didn't say anything concrete when I brought up the proposal of seeing your parents on valentine's day'' I asked, gently caressing her body as I slowly made my way to her b####t.
''I think you are just rushing things between us. Something as delicate as a relationship shouldn't be rushed. We still have a lot of time to know each other. I'm really not in support of you seeing my family so soon'' she replied, removing my hand from her body and getting me very angrily for the first time. Perhaps it was the s#x I knew I wont get that night or the way she removed my hand from her body that got me very upset.
I sprang up with great energy, breathing furiously with annoyance.
''what's with you eh?. I help you out in everything. I'm even ready to do more, yet you still treat me like an acquaintance. I'm not even qualified to see your family talk more of touching you.'' I fired angrily. She instantly sat up with fear, totally surprised that i could raise my voice on her.
''calm down please. You simply misunderstood me'' she murmured, holding my hand softly and calming me with her words.
'''I'm so sorry dear. Fine we will go together to see my parents on valentine's day'' she suddenly accepted, leaving my heaving a sigh of relief. I realized that moment that acting manly sometimes is needed to make things happen.
''are you happy now?'' she asked while i shrugged with resignation. She smiled and fell back on the bed.
''just hold me tightly , lets sleep'' she added and backed while I slowly fell back on the bed and did as she requested.
---------
Cassandra left on Sunday evening with eighteen thousand Naira, promising to show up early on valentine's day. I really was so happy that finally I wasn't only getting her love, but equally having a control over her life.
I shared my experience and feelings with Chinedu the next day at his shop.
''well Cassandra is quite a charming lady. I have nothing else to say about her. So my dear friend, all I will do is just to sit and watch as things unfold between you guys'' he said with a shrug.
I was left with no choice than to nervously wait for valentine's day to arrive. I literally counted the days as I anxiously waited.
But Unfortunately for me, Cassandra never picked my calls nor showed up on valentine's day.
To be continued
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by chara019: 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
Continue o
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by ikombe: 10:22am On Aug 19, 2015
Have been busy. Sowi
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by ikombe: 10:30am On Aug 19, 2015
Episode 13

I just cant describe how I felt that early Valentine's day when I dialed Cassandra's number and found it was switched off. At first I had hope that she would soon switch on the phone since it was still early and probably was switched off as she slept the previous night. But as 12noon approached and the phone was yet to be switched on, I became extremely worried, scared and suspicious. I painfully realized that her phone was most likely switched off to avoid my calls. A realization that clouded my entire being. I felt so terrible, so humiliated, so deceived. I felt like smashing my head on the wall.
A day that was supposed to be one of my most memorable days slowly turned into a painful nightmare. I couldn't believe Cassandra could play me in such manner. I couldn't help but think of what she could be doing that very moment.
''she's most probably with a guy or about seeing someone else'' I reasoned with great pain. All the plans and hopes I had for that day slowly dashed.
I couldn't eat. I couldn't think properly. I couldn't even do anything.
To make matters worse my friend Chinedu called to know if Cassandra and I had finally gotten to Portharcourt. Something he did so innocently as a friend but his question left me feeling more bitter. I couldn't even tell him that Cassandra was yet to show up. I couldn't tell him that Cassandra was disappointing me.
''please bro, I will call you later'' was all I managed to say before ending his call.

Slowly the clock struck 2pm with Cassandra's phone still switched off, nevertheless I still had some faint hopes that she would show up. .
''dear lord, don't let her disappoint me'' I prayed fearfully.

My heart really was more than shattered and broken. I had that painful feeling we guys get when we catch the person we love so much cheating on us. Mine was even more painful because i trusted the d##n girl with all my heart.

I was close to tears as the clock struck 7pm without Cassandra showing up nor her phone switched on. I hopelessly went to bed with an empty stomach and a broken heart.
I couldn't believe it was all happening. My life just came to a standstill . I felt terribly bad and sick. I couldn't help but come to the conclusion that the woman I loved so much was playing me like a leather ball. Oh it was such a painful feeling of hopelessness. But the unfortunate and surprising thing of it all was that my heart was ready to forgive Cassandra.
I was still ready to do everything for her.

Finally early the next day, my phone woke me up with its loud ringing tone. I grabbed my phone to see that it was Cassandra who was calling. My heart froze as I nervously answered.

''I'm so sorry for disappointing you dear. My phone was down yesterday and there wasn't any electricity in my hostel to charge the phone. Moreover I also woke up with a terrible stomach upset. I vomited all through yesterday. I was even unable to leave my bed. Please I'm so sorry for disappointing you'' she apologized effortlessly, leaving me breathing deeply.

To be sincere with myself, I knew she was lying but I closed my heart to it and chose to believe all she said. I just was badly in love with her, moreover hearing her voice very early in the day changed my feelings. I suddenly became happy once again.

''please I'm ready to do anything to relieve the pain I probably caused you yesterday'' she added.

''the only way you can compensate me is by coming over as soon as possible'' I muttered seriously.

'''fine, I'm on my way then'' she accepted quickly and hung up, leaving me with the strangest feeling I ever had.

I was so much in love with Cassandra but for the first time I was scared of my future with her.

To be continued

Episode 14
Minutes after the phone call, Chinedu showed up at my apartment to check up on me. He really was worried by the cold manner I answered his call the previous day and quite knew that something wasn't alright.

''I knew it. I knew something was wrong yesterday. Your voice was so strange and different. i sensed it'' he said seriously after I told him all that happened the previous day plus Cassandra's phone call minutes ago.

''so what do you think bro?'' I asked while he shrugged.

''it's very obvious Cassandra spend Valentine's day with her school boyfriend or someone she met before you. It's very common among students but by her calling you early today, it shows she still wants to keep you by her side. Everything is in your hands. It's left for you to continue or not but as for me you know I do prefer Nora over the pretty girl'' he said seriously. I rubbed my face with my palms with worry, very uncertain of which part to follow. The love i had for Cassandra was so real and pure. it wasn't something that could be waved away so effortlessly.
Marrying the pretty girl was an accomplishment I so badly wanted to achieve but with the situation of things, I just wasn't sure of myself anymore. Moreover cutting my relationship with her at that early stage also meant abandoning the money I already had invested on her.

My phone rang that moment and it was Cassandra calling again. I stared at my phone for some seconds before answering.
''hi dear, are we still going to see my family today?'' she asked,

''yes we are'' I answered, leaving her silent for some seconds as she probably pondered over my answer and how to reply me.

''it's just as if you are rushing things for no reason, but it's alright I'm already on my way to your house'' she muttered and hung up.

Chinedu took his leave soon after, but he equally dropped another advice, begging me to be careful and think things through.

------------

By 10am that fateful morning, Cassandra arrived at my apartment looking very sharp and beautiful in a green gown. Seeing her looking so hot and mature removed all the doubts and bad feelings i was having before she arrived. I swallowed hard as i admired her beauty while she graciously threw herself on me, apologizing once again for disappointing me the previous day. I smiled with great joy.

Minutes later, we left my apartment and headed to Porthacourt, stopping on the way to buy some things for her family.
It really was an uneventful drive from Owerri to Portharcourt. We said nothing much to each other, instead concentrated on our thoughts. In no time we arrived at her family house, which surprisingly was located in a plush neighbourhood.

No one was at the house when we arrived but after waiting for some minutes Cassandra's mother showed up, looking very surprised.
''my dear you never told us you were coming home, nor coming with a friend.'' Her mother queried, hugging her daughter and expertly seizing me up.

''yes mum, it was a sudden decision. Actually I planned coming yesterday'' she replied softly before introducing me to her mother.

----------------

I spend close to three hours in Cassandra's house. Her mother was very friendly and kind. She welcomed me as if I was part of the family and equally served me a wonderful meal of pounded yam and vegetable soup. Cassandra's father who showed up later in the day was more reserved and a bit cold. He asked very prying and unnecessary questions which I answered easily. However I made no mention that I was interested in marrying their daughter because it was my first visit and traditionally not acceptable to do so in the first visit.

By 4:30pm, I got up to leave, very satisfied and happy. Cassandra told that she was staying to spend some days with her family , something I never expected but quickly accepted.

''so you see, I have nothing to hide. My ways are plan and simple. You have seen my family, haven't you?''' she asked with her usual killing smile as she escorted me to my car. I smiled back with great happiness.

"i'm a very plain girl. you should learn to trust me" she added very innocently, leaving me with no cause to worry about anything. I stared deep into her eyes and held her hands.

''I will take you to my family during the coming Easter celebration. I can't wait to introduce you to my whole family'' I muttered, stunning her with my words. She froze and stared at me with disbelief while I nodded like a happy lizard.

''you are going to be mine sooner than you expect dear'' I said in my mind, very sure of myself.

Marrying the beautiful damsel was the only thing in my mind that moment. I hoped for the best. I prayed for a wonderful life with her..

Oh Cassandra.

To be continued.

Episode 15

''one more thing my dear'' Cassandra prayed, drawing closer to me. I stared at her curiously, wondering what else she wanted to say.

''we wont be seeing each other again till after my exams. I will be very busy with school stuff once I get back to school in two days time, moreover our exams are very tough, and'.'' She tried to explain, but I instantly stopped her, placing a finger on her lips.

''I understand dear, no need to explain. Just study hard , your education matters a lot to me. I believe before the last week of march your exams will be over'' I said softly while she nodded happily.

''yes, thanks for understanding and have a safe journey'' she added sweetly'..

------------

I returned to my apartment a very happy man. All the pains and bad feelings I had the previous day all disappeared. I hoped for best. I prayed for the best. I prayed for a happy ending.
I just couldn't wait to start up the necessary marriage talks with Cassandra's family. Easter was even too far to wait for.

Chinedu was extremely surprised when I told him about the trip the next day, of course he never believed Cassandra was going to take me to her home and never hid his surprise and feelings after i narrated everything to him.
''hmmmm my guy, I just don't know what to say anymore. With the way things are, I think she sincerely likes you'' he ended up saying.

''I plan taking Cassandra to see my family this coming Easter. By November , I will start up marriage talks and by December our wedding plans and ceremony will be fixed and ready. I just have to work more hard and make more money bro'' I opened up to my friend.

''hmmm you are really serious brother. I guess it's time I start making my own plans'' he joked.

''no bro don't start making plans for the future, continue playing around. By the time you finally get ready to get married my first daughter will be your bridesmaid'' I joked back, leaving him laughing hard.

-----------------

The rest of the month was totally uneventful. I concentrated on my business and worked extra hard to make something more out of it. Cassandra never visited like she said , but we spoke on phone every day. I really had nothing against the girl nor did she act in any way to make me doubtful nor suspicious of her movements, though we really were far from each other which made it impossible to watch her like I would have wanted .

Nora on her own part stayed away from me, she never checked up on me neither did I ask of her, however as neighbors we ran into each other occasionally.

March slowly sped by, leaving me more excited and hopeful with each passing day. I just couldn't wait for Easter to arrive. I just couldn't wait to introduce Cassandra to my family. I even had to tell all siblings and parents to get ready to meet the lady I was bringing home for them on Easter. I had to ask my siblings, including my sister who got married the previous year to come home for the major event. Of course it was to be a very big occasion in my family, the first time I was bringing home a lady.

----------------

Slowly the month of march wrapped up , leaving me high with excitement and expectation. Cassandra surprised me with a visit on Monday afternoon, just six days before Easter Sunday. I really wasn't expecting to see her and due to that wasn't at home when she called. I had to direct her to my shop.

She showed up with her travel bag and a big nylon bag she held with her left hand, breathing heavily.
At first glance, I thought she was coming to stay with me till the D day which made me more happy and excited but after welcoming her, she told me she was on her way home for the holiday but just stopped by to surprise me, dashing my hopes with the explanation.

At the end of the day, she ended up leaving with ten thousand naira, which was the amount she needed in fixing her hair, sewing a new cloth and for her transportation to my home town on Easter Sunday'

---------------

I returned to my village on Saturday evening to be with my family and wait for Cassandra's appearance. My sister tried to force me into describing how the person they were all expecting looked like but I had to keep everyone in suspense till Sunday afternoon when Cassandra arrived leaving everyone breathless.
My sister was completely dumbstruck and overwhelmed as she
saw my beauty Queen who equally was her friend walk into the house with a graceful smile.

To be continued.
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by ikombe: 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
Episode 16

The look on everyone's face as I led Cassandra into our old sitting room was quite revealing . The smile on my parents face made me proud and happy, my brothers equally nodded in admiration but my little sister simply stared at us as if she couldn't believe what she was seeing, leaving me a bit worried with her shocked expression. I instantly regretted not carrying her along and letting her know on time about my relationship with Cassandra. Moreover the girl in question was no other person than her school mate and friend.
However my failure in telling my sister anything concerning my relationship with Cassandra was firstly because she was my junior in every aspect and I couldn't bring myself to discuss such issue with her even though as a married woman I wasn't supposed to be seeing her as a kid anymore but i still did.

''Cassandra!'' my shocked sister finally exclaimed, leaving my parents more surprised and curious.

''you know her?'' my mother quickly asked. She nodded quietly.

''yea she is my school mate and friend but I'm just surprised because I never suspected nor excepted to see her with my brother'' she quickly answered.

''well I wanted it to be a surprise to everyone'' I intelligently cut In, smiling as i tightened my grip on Cassandra who looked a bit nervous'

"wow such a beautiful girl. welcome to the family" my dad smartly added, killing the little tension in the room.
We all relaxed as everyone finally accepted and treated Cassandra as a member of the family, apart from my sister who still behaved strangely.

--------

Cassandra spent close to four hours with us, charming everyone with her behavior and manners. My parents quickly fell in love with her, same as my brothers who congratulated me in securing the heart of a very educated and sophisticated girl.

My sister was the only person whose cold attitude disturbed me. She simply kept to herself and only spoke when spoken to. I really couldn't pick out what made her so cold and gloomy, a behavior she wasn't used to. I equally was more disturbed due to the fact that Cassandra was her friend. A girl who equally attended her marriage ceremony the previous year.
My sister's behavior really disappointed me and it was with utmost restraint that I held myself from pouring out my frustration on her.

Cassandra on the other hand, pretended not to notice my Sister's behavior, instead acted so cool and mature like a very good actress, impressing me a great deal.

----------------

'' I hope you will visit us as often as possible. I cant believe I have gotten fond of you in such a short time" mum begged as Cassandra got ready to leave. She smiled gracefully,

''yes of course, I will always visit to see you. I feel so happy being here with you'' she answered sweetly. My mother hugged her happily.

''such a wonderful lady she is. Hmmmm she's lovely'' I overheard dad say as I escorted Cassandra out of the house.
I was a happy man. So fulfilled and contented.

------------

''thank you for making me a happy man. I just cant describe how I feel right now. Listen, from this moment you will be my responsibility, my sole responsibility. You made me happy and proud. You will never lack a thing. You deserve all the good things in the world'' I promised my beauty queen as soon as we were all alone in my car. She beamed with joy, smiling deeply as she reached out with her hand to touch my cheek.

''come on why are you being overly nice?. It's not as if I did something extra ordinary. Your family were very nice to me and that made my visit so memorable'' she replied like an innocent little girl. I stared deep into her eyes with so much love.
To me Cassandra was everything. Pure, beautiful, awesome, sophisticated and polished. My love for her kind of increased with every passing minute.

''but your sister. She's my friend but there is no doubt she isn't happy seeing me with you. The reason for such behavior, Is what i don't know'' she added, looking down like someone who just received a terrible punch on the face. I slowly held her hand.

''I will talk to my sister. She's a small girl'' I murmured nervously with a fast pounding heart. She breathed deeply and raised up her face.

''well it's very common. Most girls don't like seeing their friends hanging out with their brothers. It's quite understandable'' she breathed.

'Please say nothing more" i begged, clasping her hands.

----------

I finally dropped Cassandra off at the village motor park where she took a bus heading back to Owerri. I returned to meet my sister waiting for me in front of our house. But before I could even say a word, she surprisingly confronted me, leaving me extremely shocked and stunned.

''come on big bro, what the the hell are you doing with Cassandra?, of all the girls in the world, you picked Cassandra. Are you so blind?, cant you see she is so fake?. What did she do to you?'' she asked, grabbing my right hand strongly.

''you know, I don't just get you. If there is anything you need me to know about Cassandra better spit it out now?'' I barked, drawing the attention of everyone in the house as I stared down on my sister, expecting an answer'

To be continued

Episode 17

''yes my dear, if there is anything you know about the young lady, better spit it out'' my mother urged my sister who shrugged and shook her head, saying nothing. It was as if she was battling with herself to say something or not. I just couldn't understand her behavior.

''it's not as if I'm trying to spoil your mind or something, but come on brother, why Cassandra?, what did you see in her?'' she finally blurted, getting me more angry with her comment. It was very obvious she had nothing against Cassandra, but was only kicking against the relationship merely because her spirit wasn't in support of it.

''you are still making no sense. What's wrong in me choosing Cassandra?'' I asked vehemently.

''do you know her lifestyle?. Do you know where she lives?, have you studied her well?. How much do you know about her?" she quickly pushed on, getting on my nerves with each word she uttered. My mother quickly sensed my mood, drew close and held me.

''even though your sister is making no sense at the moment, I still believe you shouldn't wave aside her feelings. Just like everyone of us here, what we want is the best for you because you are the pillar of this family and so owe us nothing short of a good respectable wife. You know there are somethings we women see that men no matter how enlightened they are fail to see. Moreover there are so things we women equally find hard to say before a man. I believe your sister have genuine reasons for her ranting besides she knows the girl better than you do'' my mother appealed, calming me with her words. I breathed deeply and shrugged.

''you are very right mother. Thanks for making things easier for me to understand'' I muttered.

''I'm sorry bro for shouting at you but the truth is that I was extremely surprised to see that girl called Cassandra, walk into our house. She never even breathed a word that you guys were dating to me, even though we ran into each other numerous times last month. Cassandra isn't who you think she is. She is very materialistic and ambitious. She is an expert when it comes in dealing with men. I have know her for three years and never for once did she introduce any guy to me as her boyfriend, yet tons of men flock around her like vultures. So tell me brother, is that the type of woman you want to marry?. A girl whose life is very much unreadable and confusing. A girl who knows how to get what she wants without much effort. A girl who attracts everything that is of interest to her. Have you been to her apartment before?, have you studied her lifestyle and engagements?. How much time have you spent with her?. You don't need to answer, if you don't want you'' my dear sister pushed on, shaking me with her words which were so soft but yet powerful and truthful.

Yes she was right, I haven't been opportune to visit Cassandra. I didn't even know the name of her hostel, room number nor anything substantiate about her. I equally haven't been able to monitor her more appropriately nor spent enough time with her. The only thing I could boast of was knowing her family

-----------

Later in the night my sister came into my room, looking very apologetic and serious. She sat beside me on the bed and stared at me for some seconds.

"I'm very sorry for the way i behaved earlier in the day but please promise me you will think things through concerning your relationship with Cassandra" she begged solemnly, touching my heart with her words. For the very first time i had serious doubts concerning Cassandra. It was obvious my sister was strongly kicking against her due to something she probably was keeping to herself. I felt the things she revealed earlier concerning Cassandra was just a fraction of what she knew, nevertheless i was still strongly in love with Cassandra. My feelings still remained the same but as a human i was very curious to learn from her if there was something else about Cassandra she wasn't telling me.

"please dear. I'm your brother. i need to know all you know about Cassandra" i begged, holding her hands in a serious gesture of appeal.

to be continued

Episode 18

''hmmm fine but I don't know if you will believe this'' my sister finally muttered after a brief hesitation. I curiously stared at her with a fast pounding heart.

''you see there was this rumour years back that Cassandra got pregnant for an older man who denied her pregnancy, leaving the poor girl demoralized and troubled. It was the period I first met her, but I really don't know what happened to the pregnancy because she soon left school for about a month and returned, looking fresh and changed. She returned a different person . The change in her was so obvious that even her close friends couldn't make anything out of it. Her lifestyle completely changed to that of a snake. She now wears different look and character as she deems fit'' she slowly narrated, leaving me quiet for some seconds.

''so you really want me to believe this story?. How am I sure you didn't cook it all up?'' I asked with disbelief.

''I have no reason to lie to you brother, but please if you still want to carry on with her, do take out time to study everything about her'' she added, stood up and left.

I feel back on my bed, greatly troubled and confused.
''dear lord, help me'' I prayed'

----------------

The month of April ( that fateful year) turned out to be a very difficult one for me. One of my shops in Onitsha almost got burnt and business wasn't really booming like the previous months. I was left with no choice than to leave everything and concentrate on my business. I shuttled from Owerri to Onitsha almost every week, and really had no time for myself nor even time to focus my attention on Cassandra.
Luckily for me, by mid May, God slowly rewarded my efforts and things started picking up fine for me again. I soon had the much needed time to think and plan ahead concerning my relationship with Cassandra.
I planned doing as my sister requested. I planned asking Cassandra to come visit and at least spend a week with me, to enable me watch her more closely. I equally planned paying a visit to where she lived. I felt it was the real thing to do and equally the only way to be sure of everything.

However the month of May slowly wrapped up without me doing even a single thing in my list of plans concerning Cassandra, but I wasn't worried about it because I still had many months to go on with it.
On last Sunday of the month, Chinedu paid me an unexpected early morning visit. The look on his face clearly told me that all wasn't fine. My skipped a beat as I stared at him, uncertain of the grave news he came with.

''did someone die?. Did his shop burn or what?'' I wondered as we shared a bottle of alcoholic wine.

''I was with Nora's friend yesterday'' he slowly opened up, leaving me more curious than ever.

''you know the Enugu girl that runs a restaurant down the second street?'' he explained while I nodded.

''well I was with her yesterday and she confided in me that Nora is pregnant'' he added, throwing me off balance with his words.

''what!!!!'' I exclaimed with great shock.

''yes she is pregnant and apparently the baby is yours'' he affirmed strongly, leaving me very shaken and speechless as a thousand and one thoughts ran through my head.

To be continued
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by moseph(f): 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
Trouble in the air.
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hmmmm interesting....... Pls come and continue oo
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by ikombe: 8:58am On Aug 23, 2015
Episode 19

''this is unbelievable. d##n'' I breathed, standing up with great frustration. Chinedu silently watched me for some seconds, breathed deeply and shrugged.

''by the look of things, it seems all of Nora's friends are already aware of this. I heard she isn't hiding her condition nor ashamed of it. I just had to let you know about it because I know you wont be happy with me if I should keep such news away from you and you later discover it'' he summarized while I shook my head with great wonder. The news was just too odd to be true. I only slept with Nora once moreover supposing I was the person responsible for her pregnancy she would have told me first before any other person.

''no this isn't real'' I stammered nervously.

''well I have done my part, believing it or not is your own cup of tea'' Chinedu added, standing up to leave. I quickly sensed that my reaction was annoying him.

''come on bro, where are you going?, don't tell me you have started going to Church'' I joked, leaving a smile on his face.

''i'm not doubting the credibility of the news. It's just that i'm shocked. Why hasn't she breathed a word about it to me?'' I asked my friend who simply shrugged.

''what do I do now?. Do I have to sit and wait or should I confront her?'' I asked curiously.

''well if i'm in your position, I will definitely confront her, to know the truth. Though I will have to be very diplomatic with it. You know women are very sensitive, moreover your relationship with Nora is a strange one''he answered. I rubbed my face with frustration. I instantly regretted sleeping with Nora.
''what will be the fate of my relationship with Cassandra if this news turns out to be true?'' I wondered with great fear. I just was totally confused and scared.

''but supposing this is true, why will Nora keep it away from me?'' I asked Chinedu once again.

''well it could be that she is scared of telling you about it or maybe she doesn't want you to have anything to do with her baby since you don't want her in your life. Besides you know she is is very comfortable and independent.'' He answered intelligently.

''I will take your advise of confronting her. I need to know the truth'' I stammered anxiously.

''so what if the baby is truly yours. What will you do?'' he asked curiously.

''I don't know brother. I don't just know. The lady I want to be with is Cassandra. I'm so scared and confused right now'' I confessed.

''I think you should do the right thing and confirm the truth from Nora first, afterwards we can figure out something'' he advised, leaving me with a little hope.

------------

Chinedu left my apartment after staying with me for about an hour. I was left all alone to struggle with my thoughts. My head was just filled with lots of strange thoughts, yet I couldn't figure out a d##n solution or way to how handle the situation if eventually the pregnancy story turns out to be true. I was in this state of mind till 2pm when I summoned up the courage to head to Nora's apartment.

I walked to Nora's apartment with prayers on my lips.Of course there was no way to know what to expect from the poor girl. I very much knew i did her wrong but then it wasn't entirely my fault and it was good things ended the way it did between us.

I nervously knocked on the door, uncertain of what to expect. So scared and shaken i was. The door soon opened to reveal Nora who froze with surprise on seeing me. I quickly forced out a smile, trying me best to appear calm.

"hmmm what a surprise" Nora breathed curiously, searching me with her eyes.

"please can i come in?" i asked politely. She drew back and let me in.
Walking into the apartment, i turned and faced her, carefully taking me time to study her appearance. There wasn't any doubt she added a little weight. she appeared bigger than she used to be, even though i couldn't make out her real shape because she was putting on a native gown.

"now cut the suspense and tell me what brought you here?" she asked seriously, taking a step towards me. I breathed deeply and hesitated for a second.

"come on what brought you here?"' she demanded again.

"i really don't know how to say this. I apologize if it sounds offensive but i have been hearing rumors that you are pregnant and i just want to know if it is true?" i nervously asked, leaving the girl before me extremely furious. My question sent a great wave of anger over her. She instantly pounced on me, pushing me out of her apartment with great force.

"what an insult. I cant believe my ears. So you just came to my apartment after four months of avoiding me to ask if I'm pregnant. Are you blind or dumb?.. What an attitude. Get out" She screamed at me like she had never done in her life.

I really felt so bad over her reaction but unbelievably i kind of felt a strange sensation as she laid her hands on me that very afternoon. The feeling was something i just can't describe but i had no doubt she was actually carrying my baby.

To be continued..

Episode 20

''come on Nora, you shouldn't be worked up over my question'' I pleaded as she pushed me out of her apartment. On a very good day I would have stood me ground and stopped her from pushing me violently but I knew better than to act In such way.

''don't ever disturb my peace again. I beg of you'' she screamed at me as she shut her apartment entrance door on my face. I stood outside for a moment, clueless on what next to do.

''Nora please be civil. Let us talk'' I pleaded as I knocked on the door once again.

''leave me David. Go away. I don't want to see you ever again'' she screamed from inside.
------

After knocking for some minutes , I picked up myself and returned to my apartment to continue my thinking session from where i stopped earlier. Supposing she had at least answered my question I would have known the direction to focus my thoughts on.

''dear Lord. I need a way.please open my eyes. Lead me to the right path'' I prayed miserably.
-------------

I had a very sleepless night. I couldn't even sleep for an hour and the next day I headed to my shop with a very weak body. Chinedu was the first to check up on me the moment he noticed I was around.

''so what's up?'' he asked, expecting a story. I shrugged and breathed deeply..

''my brother Nora threw me out of her house the moment I popped the question. She couldn't even tell me if she is pregnant or not, talk more of discussing anything with me. I'm so totally confused. What if this is a ploy to get me confused and make me lose focus in my relationship with Cassandra?. What if this is part of her revenge?. Tell me is there any reason why a sane lady wont tell the guy who got her pregnant about her pregnancy before spreading the news outside. I just feel so empty'' I poured out my frustration and feelings to my friend who nodded with great understanding.

''I do understand how you feel right now brother. Of course she has every right to tell you the truth unless maybe she isn't pregnant after all or perhaps you aren't responsible for the pregnancy. You know at first I thought maybe she was scared of telling you about it but now it seems to me that she has something up her sleeves. Though I'm really surprised because Nora looks like a level-headed girl to me. I think I should talk to her. I believe she will talk to me'' he suddenly offered while I shook my head.

''no no no. this is my problem and I will handle it myself'' I breathed strongly..

---------------------

By 8pm that Monday evening, I once again made my way to Nora's apartment. Yes I looked brave on the outside but deep within, I was nervous.
Nora soon opened the door to see me standing at her doorpost. She drew back with surprise. She just couldn't believe her eyes.

''I thought I told you not to disturb me again?'' she fired instantly while I nodded pleadingly.

''yes I know but please listen to me. Two wrongs cant make a right. Don't be like me. Don't be clouded or let your feelings speak for you. I beg of you'' I pleaded with all my heart, melting her mind with my plea which touched her a great deal. Her face changed as she stared at me with sympathy.

''okay yes I'm pregnant and the baby is yours. The baby is the result of our first time together and that night still means a lot to me. I'm keeping the baby and I will raise him all alone. I will never disturb nor ask you for anything. Just see him as a parting gift you left me.So don't be scared about anything. Enjoy your life with Cassandra. I'm not a woman who will force a man on myself. So you are free just like you have always been. Good night. I just pray Cassandra makes you happy, just like God is making me happy'' she poured out and shut the door on my face, not giving me a chance to say a word.

Oh dear and I would have told her a lot of things that very evening supposing she gave me the chance. Yes I'm a very strong guy but I headed to my room after her speech with tears in my eyes.
There wasn't any doubt Nora was a wondrous and virtuous lady. She plainly was sacrificing her own happiness and dreams just for me to be free and happy, something I never expected from a lady like her and that probably was the reason she failed telling me about her pregnancy .

To be continued
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by moseph(f): 9:41am On Aug 23, 2015
I feel so sorry for nora.
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by ikombe: 1:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
moseph:
I feel so sorry for nora.
cry she surfered in silence .

The mumu david was looking for fish outside without knowing the sweetest fish was standing in front of him angry
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by moseph(f): 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
ikombe:
cry she surfered in silence .

The mumu david was looking for fish outside without knowing the sweetest fish was standing in front of him angry
That's why they say u don't kw wat u have until u loose it
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by ikombe: 2:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
moseph:
That's why they say u don't kw wat u have until u loose it
dats true
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by ikombe: 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
Episode 21

The next day my little sister paid me an unexpected visit. It really was the first time she was paying me a visit as a married woman. Of course I was very happy she made out time for me even though it wasn’t a planned visit..

‘’you are really doing fine bro’’ she said happily as she looked round the shop. I nodded in agreement, breathing deeply.

‘’anyway I don’t have much time to spend with you but I’m very curious to know how much you have gone with Cassandra and equally know how much you have been able to check out the girl, concerning things I told you at home about her’’ she queried seriously while I shrugged.

‘’my dear sister I have been seriously occupied with business lately. I haven’t yet made any new progress with Cassandra. I’m just in the middle of a big crises right now’’ I confessed, drawing out a sharp look from her.

‘’what do you mean by being in the middle of a crises?’’ she asked with great worry. I forced out a smile and stood up.

‘’never mind dear. The words just escaped my lips. So what do I offer you?’’’ I asked, expertly changing the topic but my sister wasn’t a little kid. She quietly stood up, drew closer and touched my shoulder.

‘’I know you still see me as a little child even though I’m married. You have to wipe out that mentality from you. I’m an adult for Christ sake. Please tell me what the problem is all about. Is it about Cassandra?. Did she do anything?’’ she demanded. I shook my head and breathed deeply.

‘’no it isn’t about Cassandra but about another lady I mistakenly got pregnant’’ I confessed, drawing out the wildest gasp from her.

‘’my gawd what did you do!!!’’ she exclaimed.

‘’it was just a big mistake’’ I muttered, taking my time to tell her my story with Nora. I told her everything, hiding nothing. When I was done , she breathed deeply and shook her head.

‘’no matter what, you cant just let the girl bear the burden of childbirth alone. We all have conscience. No you cant leave her on her own. You got to support her, no matter how little’’ she said seriously.

‘’but you heard when I said she now wants nothing to do with me. How do I support her when she wants nothing to do with me anymore’’ I fired back.

‘’I understand but I have to talk to her. How do I locate her?’’ she demanded as if she was my mother. I hesitantly obliged, giving her the direction to Nora’s shop. But as soon as she left, i regretted ever telling her about Nora.

—————————————-

Two hours later, Chinedu rushed into my shop to have a word with me. He was breathing heavily like someone being chased by an evil spirit. I couldn’t help but wonder what was making him so agitated.

‘’I had a very terrible dream last night. I saw Cassandra push into a pool of blood and as you were drowning you begged me to save you. I jumped into the pool to help but ended up drowning with you” he poured out breathlessly while i stared at him silently. I never believed in dreams. I never paid any serious attention to it but with the way my friend was sweating there wasn’t any doubt the dream he just narrated to me was affecting him greatly.

”you know brother. I have been thinking and I just came to the conclusion that you shouldn’t abandon Nora to have your child on her own. You guys should find a way to come to a settlement’’ he said seriously.

‘’my sister said the same thing. She just left minutes ago to see Nora’’ I answered, surprising him with the revelation.

‘’that’s good but another problem is Cassandra. Will you tell her about it or do you plan hidding everything from her?’’ he asked, bringing up the question I had desperately tried to hide from my head. I stared at him speechlessly, unable to say a word.

‘’thirdly, do you think someone like Cassandra will stay with you if she learns about it?’’ he pushed on, totally destroying me with his questions.

‘I cant tell Cassandra about it and that’s why I desperately want Nora to disappear from my life’’ I opened up, shocking my friend who gasped with disbelieve but before he could say another word, my sister walked in looking very troubled and dejected. We all faced her curiously.

‘’life cant be so unfair’’ she muttered as she stared at me with eyes laden with tears.

To be continued
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by Olasco93: 7:36pm On Aug 23, 2015
OMG! OP i hope no be you i see for Ojuelegba bus-stop just now
Go house make you go type the Episodes wey remain because....hmmm. Am loosing my Patience against Ikembe eeh sorry Cassandra i mean!!!
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by uchestty: 4:11pm On Aug 24, 2015
ikombe plz be fast about the continuation. am so nervous in knowing what happened to dat stupid lover boy David.
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by ikombe: 5:42pm On Aug 24, 2015
Episode 22

‘’come on what’s up with you?. What’s up with the face?’’ I asked curiously while Chinedu sat up and offered her his chair. My sister stared at me for some seconds before shaking her head softly.

‘’it’s really a pity that you are about losing a noble woman for a worthless girl. I can’t help but weep for you. You are about losing a lady with a good heart. Nora talked me and yes she won me over to her side. I really don’t know if Cassandra is worth the sacrifice you are making. Don’t tell me you feel nothing for Nora. Don’t tell me the thing you had with her was just s#x and nothing else?. Don’t tell me you are putting class and power over your happiness?’’ she poured out emotionally, making me very uncomfortable with her question. I scratched my head, saying nothing.

‘’Nora is very serious about moving on with her life. And She’s moving on with the greatest gift of it all. Your baby. Your first blood.” she added, stopping for a few seconds to study my reaction.

” I tried convincing her to be on my side. To be patient and stick with me but no she isn’t ready to bring herself too low fighting for a man who doesn’t love her. Take a deep breathe big brother and think about your future and happiness. A bird in hand is worth more than a thousand flying within your reach. I’m leaving but you should know that Nora is a good lady. She is the woman you are supposed to fight for and not Cassandra. Im leaving bro’’ she poured out, grabbed her bag and walked away.

‘’I hope you knew what you did when you told your sister the truth about Nora?. This isn’t an open secret anymore. Your family may soon get involved in the whole drama’’ Chinedu said immediately after my sister left.

————————————–

The rest of the day really was awfully bad for me. I couldn’t concentrate on anything nor think properly. Chinedu equally wasn’t helpful, instead added to the tension I was already feeling by coming up with a hundred and one theories of what could happen if I abandon Nora and stick with Cassandra, without even knowing how his words were hurting me.

Later in the night I called Cassandra, to hear her voice and ease out the tension in me. Her voice was one of the things that always had a way of calming my nerves.

‘’hi dear what’s up?’ she greeted happily.

‘’fine my love . i’m so stressed up’’ I confessed.

‘’hmmm , oh no. hope you have eaten for the night?’’ she asked.

‘’yes but what I want is to be with you right now. I’m so lonely. Maybe I should come over to your hostel tomorrow’’ I breathed, expecting her to give a positive answer but she killed my spirit by declining.

‘’no dear, there isn’t any need coming. I can come over on Friday to be with you. Isn’t it better?’’ she asked quickly.

‘’it’s cool but I equally want to know where you live . I just want to know every little detail about you’’ I pushed on expecting her to understand. She instead kept quiet for some seconds before answering.

‘’there isn’t any need for you visiting my school. I don’t understand what you meant by knowing every little detail about me. Anyway I will show up on Friday. So do prepare for me’’ she replied slowly , leaving me with no choice than to swallow my words and accept her choice.

‘’fine, I will wait for you on Friday’’ I breathed and hung up..

Friday soon arrived with a very calm weather. The atmosphere was just cool all through the day with little sunshine and no rain. A very good business day.
I headed home by 4pm in order to be at home when my Cassandra shows up. I whistled happily as I drove through the light traffic to my home. Of course i was happy and excited.

On reaching the gate to my compound , I was surprised to see a big truck loaded with furniture and household appliances. I couldn’t help but wonder who was parking out of the compound as alighted from my car curiously.

On getting close to my flat, I saw Nora’s sister carrying a big leather bag and heading towards the truck. I quickly blocked her.
‘’hey what’s going on?’’ I asked breathlessly.

‘’we are parking out. We are moving to new apartment’’ she answered rudely and walked past me. Her answer kind of left a hole in my heart. I instantly felt uneasy and forced myself to Nora’s apartment to see her busy arranging some household stuffs.

‘’Nora ‘’ I breathed, unable to make out what next to say. She quickly turned to face me as soon as she heard my voice.

‘’why are you here?. Cant you see I’m busy?’’ she asked coldly.

‘’yes I see you are busy parking your things. But why’’ I asked softly, drawing close to hold her. She stared at me silently for some seconds as she felt my touch.

‘’I’m leaving. I don’t want my baby to have anything to do with you nor grow up in this environment. It’s better for us, we stay far away from each other. This is goodbye. You will never see me again’’’ she said seriously , leaving me shaking with great feelings.

‘’no please. Let’s straighten things out’’ I stammered without knowing when I said such words. I really was supposed to be happy that she was leaving for good. That she was disappearing from my life but I just don’t know what made me feel so bad. So very bad.

‘’no lets straightnen things out’’. I stammered again, clasping her cheeks with my palms..

To be continued
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by Olasco93: 8:45pm On Aug 24, 2015
I don't have to watch Africa Magic anymore but Ikembe...
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by ikombe: 9:36pm On Aug 24, 2015
Olasco93:
I don't have to watch Africa Magic anymore but Ikembe...
its ikombe and not ikembe grin . Maka ura tongue
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by ikombe: 9:39pm On Aug 24, 2015
Olasco93:
OMG! OP i hope no be you i see for Ojuelegba bus-stop just now
Go house make you go type the Episodes wey remain because....hmmm. Am loosing my Patience against Ikembe eeh sorry Cassandra i mean!!!
which time u see me undecided . Cause na dere i pass go ouse yesterday when mushin boiz dey misbehave grin
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by ikombe: 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2015
Episode 23

‘’let go of me please. I don’t know the game you are trying to play right now. What is wrong with you?’’ Nora breathed, breaking away from me.

‘’let’s talk thinks over. At least give me the location or name of the place you are moving to?’’ I stammered , drawing close to her once again. She quickly drew back , shaking her head.

‘’hey this ends right now. Go back to your apartment and let me be. Cant you see that i’m busy?. Please allow me to concentrate’’ she said with a raised tone which kind of kept me in check. I took no further step towards her.

‘’fine, now turn and leave me in peace’’ she added, backed me and continued with what she was doing before I walked in. I simply stood and silently watched her, clueless on what exactly to say or do next. I really didn’t want her to leave neither did I want her to stay. In fact I really wasn’t in control of my feelings neither did i know what i actually wanted from her.
I simply stayed back till she finally packed out of the apartment an hour later, leaving with a part of me I knew I would never recover.

——————————–

My mind was empty and hollow as I nervously waited for Cassandra to show up. I desperately needed her company. I badly needed her presence in order to overcome the pain of seeing Nora leave with sadness in her eyes. I just couldn’t stop thinking of Nora nor stop her image from appearing in my head. I finally had to take few shots of whiskey to calm my nerves.
Yes I just wasn’t myself that fateful Friday evening.

Cassandra showed up at exactly 8pm looking so hot and sharp in her denim jeans and blue top. She was all smiles as she gave me her usual heart warming hug .

‘’I’m so sorry for coming late. I had lots of things to do in school’’ she explained as she noticed how colored up I was.

‘’what’s wrong?. You don’t look so well?’’ she asked curiously. I forced out a smile .

‘’i’m just so stressed up, my dear.’’ I stammered softly..

——————————-

We ended up having a quick dinner before retiring to the bedroom. I really had lots of things to ask her but felt it was wise leaving everything for the next day. All I wanted was just to enjoy her company and make love to her. Having her in my arms was the only way to get Nora out of my head. Moreover I equally had tried, putting up with her for this long without tasting her delicious apple.

——

I kept tossing on the bed as I thought of the best approach to use in making love to Cassandra. I really was so h###y and desperately in need of s#x. Her tempting shape equally wasn’t helpful as I battled with my mind.

‘’Cassandra my love’’ I breathed as I slowly closed in on her.she quickly sat up and stared at me suspiciously.

‘’what is it?’’ she asked curiously. I sat up and held her hand.

‘’’tell me what do you feel when I touch you?’’ I asked.

‘’I don’t understand’’ she muttered slowly.

‘’’do you feel anything when i touch you?’’ I pushed on.

‘’please let’s sleep, I’m very tired’’ I heard her say. But without another word, I held her face strongly, planting a kiss on her lips. She instantly drew back like a scared virgin.

‘’I want to make love to you. I want to be inside you. I want to feel you’’ I opened up courageously while she gasped with disbelief.

‘’I thought we agreed on leaving anything concerning s#x till marriage?. Why are you bringing up such topic now. I’m so tired please. If you disturb me one more time, I will leave this room for you’’ she threatened vehemently, shocking me with her cold attitude. I instantly felt very bad.
With deep pain, i came to the conclusion that she certainly had no sexual attraction or should i say feelings for me. It wasn’t the first, second nor third time we were sleeping together, yet nothing. Not even a hot romance. All the things my sister fed me about her slowly came into my head.

‘’should I sleep or are you still bent on disturbing me?’’ she asked to know her position.

‘’you are not a virgin. Are you?’’ I asked , surprising her with the question.

‘’I have met your family. I sponsor you in everything. I’m ready to do much more for you. You very much know my intentions are genuine. Why then are you bent of starving me of the only thing that can solidify our relationship?. I know for a fact that you are not a virgin. I equally have heard stories about you. Yet I shut my heart to the stories and still stayed with you. Anyway it’s all well. There isn’t any need leaving. I will leave the room for you to enjoy your sleep’’ I breathed and stood up to leave.
I meant every word i said to her. I said everything with a clear head and even though I opened up my feelings bravely. I wasn’t really leaving the room with a brave heart but with a failed spirit. I badly needed the s#x and I couldn’t afford spending one more night with her without it. Moreover it wasn’t as if she was a virgin or a religious girl.

‘’you don’t have to leave Dave. Fine lets do it’’ I heard her say as I headed towards the door. I couldn’t believe my ears…

Oh Cassandra.

To be continued
Re: CASSANDRA >:( by uchestty: 7:29am On Aug 25, 2015
hey!! good morning. I woke up this morning thinking abou t Cassandra. can't wait to finish d story............

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Diary Of A Terrorist (True Life Story Of Unimaid Student Turned BH Member) / What Book Are You Reading Right Now? / Some Nigerian-mangled English Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 405
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.