Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Muslim Fundamentalists Kill 4th Secular Blogger In Bangladesh This Year - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslim Fundamentalists Kill 4th Secular Blogger In Bangladesh This Year (1346 Views)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? / Can I Listen To Secular Music/clubbing And Still Be A Devoted Christian? / A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Fundamentalists Kill 4th Secular Blogger In Bangladesh This Year by parisbookaddict(f): 9:21pm On Aug 07, 2015
(CNN)—A group of attackers hacked a Bangladeshi blogger to death Friday in his apartment in the capital of Dhaka, authorities said. The killing of the secular blogger, who uses the pen name Niloy Neel, was at least the fourth this year targeting those who posted online pieces critical of Islam. In addition to police, Imran Sarker, who heads the Blogger and Online Activists' Network in the nation, confirmed the attack. Neel wrote posts condemning the recent killings of three other bloggers in his country. He also routinely posted on women's and minority rights, communal violence and the oppression of Hindus in Bangladesh. Niloy Neel Dhaka Police spokesman, Muntashirul Islam, used a different name for the blogger, whom he referred to as Niloy Chakrabarti. He was killed in his apartment Friday afternoon by a group of five or six men, the spokesman said. "We know that Niloy used to work for nongovernmental organizations in the past but we are not aware of his journalistic identity. We are investigating," he added. Ansar al-Islam Bangladesh, an al Qaeda group, has claimed responsibility for the killing. In an emailed statement to local media outlets, Mufti Abdullah Ashraf, who claims to be the group's spokesman, said: "By the permission of Allah, this operation took place today. We declare war against these worst enemies of Allah and his messenger." CNN could not independently verify the authenticity of the statement. Dhaka police spokesman Muntashirul Islam told CNN that Ansar al-Islam "is not an active group in Bangladesh and is a relatively new name to us." He said investigators "are working to find out about the credibility of the group and the claim." Neel, who was unmarried and in his late 20s, had been threatened by Islamic extremists before. He contributed to the Mukto-Mona (Freethinker) humanist blogging platform established by Avijit Roy, who was murdered in February. Mukto-Mona society will remember your contribution to free-thinking #NiloyNeel — Mukto Mona (@AvijitsMM) August 7, 2015 Rights group Amnesty International urged Bangladesh's government to send a strong message that killings aimed at silencing dissent are "despicable" and will not be tolerated. "This spate of savage killings must end here," said David Griffiths, South Asia research director at Amnesty International. "There is little doubt that these especially brutal killings are designed to sow fear and to have a chilling effect on free speech. This is unacceptable." The British Humanist Association said Neel's murder "shows a new degree of daring on the part of extremists in Bangladesh," carried out as it was in his own home rather than on the street. "This latest murder demonstrates once again if further proof were needed that the culture of impunity for these Islamist vigilantes in Bangladesh has become firmly entrenched," said chief executive Andrew Copson. 'Hit list' published Neel's death is part of a highly disturbing trend. In May, Ananta Bijoy Das, 32, was hacked to death with cleavers and machetes as he left his home on his way to work at a bank. In March, Washiqur Rahman, 27, was hacked to death by two men with knives and meat cleavers just outside his house as he headed to work at a travel agency in Dhaka. A month earlier, Roy, a Bangladesh-born American blogger, was similarly killed with machetes and knives as he walked back from a book fair in Dhaka. In 2014, Reporters Without Borders reported that a group calling itself Defenders of Islam in Bangladesh had published a "hit list" of writers it saw as opposing Islam. "They listed 84 bloggers, mostly secularists. They listed 84 of them," said blogger Asif Mohiuddin, whose name was on the list. "Nine of them are already killed and many of them were attacked." Why you should speak up for slain blogger Das CNN's Sugam Pokharel, Kevin Wang and Ray

Source: edition.cnn.com/2015/08/07/asia/bangladesh-blogger-niloy-neel-killed/
Re: Muslim Fundamentalists Kill 4th Secular Blogger In Bangladesh This Year by dalaman: 9:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
What are muslim fundamentalist afraid of?
Re: Muslim Fundamentalists Kill 4th Secular Blogger In Bangladesh This Year by parisbookaddict(f): 9:49pm On Aug 07, 2015
dalaman:
What are muslim fundamentalist afraid of?

The unapologetic truth about islam devoid of al taqiyaa.
Re: Muslim Fundamentalists Kill 4th Secular Blogger In Bangladesh This Year by mustymatic(m): 11:43pm On Aug 07, 2015
The same CNN...How convenient cheesy

Re: Muslim Fundamentalists Kill 4th Secular Blogger In Bangladesh This Year by parisbookaddict(f): 6:58am On Aug 08, 2015
mustymatic:

Muslims killed a blogger yesterday. The 9th in that country, 4th one this year. Ur response was to post this asinine comment instead of expressing ur disgust of the crimes of the muslims.

Of course u have no problems with the murders. Its just ur fellow brothers following ur gods command.
Re: Muslim Fundamentalists Kill 4th Secular Blogger In Bangladesh This Year by Blackfire(m): 7:50am On Aug 08, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Muslims killed a blogger yesterday. The 9th in that country, 4th one this year. Ur response was to post this asinine comment instead of expressing ur disgust of the crimes of the muslims.

Of course u have no problems with the murders. Its just ur fellow brothers following ur gods command.

hi.
Re: Muslim Fundamentalists Kill 4th Secular Blogger In Bangladesh This Year by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 08, 2015
mustymatic:

Your brethen in Bangladesh just murdered an innocent soul for writing the truth and all you can do is post this photoshopped al taqquiya image to distort the truth instead of condemning the evil acts of your brethen. I challenge you provide a link to the story on cnn website if you are not lying.
Re: Muslim Fundamentalists Kill 4th Secular Blogger In Bangladesh This Year by mustymatic(m): 9:00am On Aug 08, 2015
Jagoon:

Your brethen in Bangladesh just murdered an innocent soul for writing the truth and all you can do is post this photoshopped al taqquiya image to distort the truth instead of condemning the evil acts of your brethen. I challenge you provide a link to the story on cnn website if you are not lying.
Bro! I don't have to post on nairaland to condemn it. I do more than you. Since u know wat taqiyya is, you'll have to agree with me that that's what Christians practice
Here click click

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/03/intl_world/amanpour-didier-francois/
Let's see the liar here
Re: Muslim Fundamentalists Kill 4th Secular Blogger In Bangladesh This Year by mustymatic(m): 9:19am On Aug 08, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Nah am not happy, you're the one who's delighted since you have something to brag about... I want you to compare,since they're the same fundamentalists
Re: Muslim Fundamentalists Kill 4th Secular Blogger In Bangladesh This Year by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 08, 2015
mustymatic:

Bro! I don't have to post on nairaland to condemn it. I do more than you. Since u know wat taqiyya is, you'll have to agree with me that that's what Christians practice
Here click click

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/03/intl_world/amanpour-didier-francois/
Let's see the liar here

Your al taqquiya is confirmed, he said they "didn't give us the quoran" and not "they didn't have the quoran" two entirely different things. And for the record the isis leader who is the caliph of islam and successor to mohamed has a phd in islamic studies so he obviously knows islam more than you al taqquiya apologists on NL.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Fundamentalists Kill 4th Secular Blogger In Bangladesh This Year by mustymatic(m): 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
Jagoon:

Your al taqquiya is confirmed, he said they "didn't give us the quoran" and not "they didn't have the quoran" two entirely different things. And for the record the isis leader who is the caliph of islam and successor to mohamed has a phd in islamic studies so he obviously knows islam more than you al taqquiya apologists on NL.
Did you read the editor's note?
"There was never really discussion about texts or -- it was not a religious discussion. It was a political discussion."

"It was more hammering what they were believing than teaching us about the Quran. Because it has nothing to do with the Quran."
And that's not the entire story Bro, it was political he said, not religious... and I read the story since, previously they 'didn't hav the quran, now they didn't giv us. Lol
Re: Muslim Fundamentalists Kill 4th Secular Blogger In Bangladesh This Year by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
mustymatic:

Did you read the editor's note?
"There was never really discussion about texts or -- it was not a religious discussion. It was a political discussion."

"It was more hammering what they were believing than teaching us about the Quran. Because it has nothing to do with the Quran."
And that's not the entire story Bro, it was political he said, not religious... and I read the story since, previously they 'didn't hav the quran, now they didn't giv us. Lol

Is quoran 9:29 not part of the quoran again Or is it not that and over a hundred other evil verses inspiring violence in the quoran motivates isis to do evil?

Quoran 9:29 Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.
Re: Muslim Fundamentalists Kill 4th Secular Blogger In Bangladesh This Year by johnydon22(m): 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2015
Saw this is in the news yesterday, it is sad and pitiful how some humans has reduced themselves to a state lower than other animals.

It's a pity how Islamic extremists have reduced their sense of humanity to a level of pure barbaric definition.

Makes us wonder the potency of the God their profess, whereas their God who allegedly created the universe cannot simply kill the people he wants to kill but needs humans to do his works for him . . . Confirm wimp

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Fundamentalists Kill 4th Secular Blogger In Bangladesh This Year by mustymatic(m): 3:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
Jagoon:

Is quoran 9:29 not part of the quoran again Or is it not that and over a hundred other evil verses inspiring violence in the quoran motivates isis to do evil?

Quoran 9:29 Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.
haha..you're missing the point, so just because you're violent then you're following the Quran, I'm telling you what a captive narrates, you've seen it, It read that it was political and not religious..so if you misbehave now you're a Muslim? Have you read about the pastors that command worship unclad in a church?
I know you'll be quick to denounce them from Christianity
Re: Muslim Fundamentalists Kill 4th Secular Blogger In Bangladesh This Year by dorox(m): 3:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
Someone asked this question on facebook which sums up my frustration with muslims

If the God of Islam chooses to guide whoever He wishes to the Light, then why my Dear Muslims do you force people to follow your religion? And for those who do not comply why do they get slaughtered with cold blood? Then you come and say "Islam is a religion of peace"?
Re: Muslim Fundamentalists Kill 4th Secular Blogger In Bangladesh This Year by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
mustymatic:

haha..you're missing the point, so just because you're violent then you're following the Quran, I'm telling you what a captive narrates, you've seen it, It read that it was political and not religious..so if you misbehave now you're a Muslim? Have you read about the pastors that command worship unclad in a church?

Well the point is that islam as founded my mohamed is a political religion and you cannot separate islam from politics because it is at the core of most of it's doctrines. Fact remains that these fundermentalist are following the teachings of mohamed who endorsed the killing of those who criticised him or islam. Same can't be said of Jesus endorsing naked worship in a church.
Re: Muslim Fundamentalists Kill 4th Secular Blogger In Bangladesh This Year by parisbookaddict(f): 12:36am On Aug 09, 2015
mustymatic:

Apparently u are the only muslim that doesn't know that Islam is as political as it claims to be religious.. the sharia , quran, hadiths etc all encourage politics, this is why there are over 50 islamic countries and scores of Islamic political parties. .Mr muslim go and read about ur religion /totalitarian political ideology, must nonmuslims teach u everything about islam

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Remarkable Structure Of The Qur’an / Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? / Shocking! Pregnant Teenage Girl Claims To Be Carrying The Child Of Jesus (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.