Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

A Digital Frying Pan - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Digital Frying Pan (526 Views)

Senator Mao Ohuabunwa Empowers His Constituents With Frying Pan / 2015: When Nigeria Leaped From Frying Pan To Fire / Incredible!! Woman Frying Cake With Her Bare Hands In Hot Oil (video +photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Digital Frying Pan by haconjy(m): 10:01pm On Aug 07, 2015
Someone somewhere is trying to turn the next mundanedevice or appliance into some kind of smart, connected home gadget, and that includes the SmartPrompt Pan. The SmartPrompt by Key Ingredient is a frying pan witha screen built right into the handle, and a ton of sensorsbaked in (no pun intended) to help you be a more effective cook.The screen on the 12-inch skillet tells you the current temperature you’re cooking at, plus it gives you step by step instructions if you’re following one of the 2 million available recipes on the service. It wouldn’t be completewithout being able to connect to your smartphone, of course, as the frying pan will give you alerts if your foodis simmering, boiling, or burning, so you won’t have to constantly keep an eye on what you’re cooking.But really, if you’re cooking something, you should probably pay attention to it anyway, because your smartphone isn’t good at putting out fires.The SmartPrompt pan is up for pre-order on IndieGogo for $99, which is 50% off the price it will actually launch at. In addition to the pan, you can also order a smart frying pan sans the screen and just use your smartphone for monitoring, and the company is also offering a smart probe for measuring temperatures of things like meat while cooking, which will also send the info directly to your smartphone to check on.To me, this seems like a solution to a problem we didn’t really have, but if cooking is your passion and you don’tmind having another device laying around the kitchen to potentially keep charged, this might be a good addition for you.source:Key Ingredient

Re: A Digital Frying Pan by ladyF(f): 10:03pm On Aug 07, 2015
Wow
Re: A Digital Frying Pan by marshalcarter: 10:08pm On Aug 07, 2015
Tekynolojy grin
Re: A Digital Frying Pan by Starships4u(m): 11:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
Slowly the world comes to an end... When I would know for sure is when one silly company/firm would wake up and say the've found how to send meals over the phone/internet....
Re: A Digital Frying Pan by Yoite(m): 2:57am On Aug 24, 2017
Wow! Can't not to add a comment in this old topic but I've never heard before about such type of skillets! smiley From this description such model looks really cool but on the other hand... Well, I don't see such need in so many upgrades for an average skillet, I think that some of them are useless in fact tongue And I'm very curious how much will such model cost? I suppose that such skillets will be too expensive for an average customer tongue
Personally I think that the best innovations in case of pans were connected with using teflon for making them and also creating different electric models like on these examples from cozzy.org grin
I don't think that I'll want to buy such smart model someday in future grin

(1) (Reply)

Warning: Bruh, Do Not Manspread Beside A Hangry Man. / Wow! Little Boy Made A Car (the Size Of A Car) With Cartons Of Paper / An Open Letter To MTN On The Sudden Sim Registration Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.