Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,997 members, 7,825,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? (13208 Views)

Pls Is This A Scam Interview Or Real / Visiting Lagos On Biz, Interview Or Exam, & Need A Place To Pass The Night? / Reasons Why Your CV Doesn't Get You A Job Interview Or Responses From Hr's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by phayvoursky(m): 9:05am On Aug 08, 2015
CAN YOU IMAGINE THE KIND OF THREAD THAT MAKES FRONT-PAGE?

WEAR T-SHIRT AND SHORTS WITH SNEAKERS.

TELL THEM YOU BE FORMER GANGSTER. YOU DON'T LIKE BEEN CORPERATE.
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by talk2riel: 9:06am On Aug 08, 2015
pocohantas:
Just dress like Jidenna #ClassicMan
Can the company pay for classic man shoes?
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by Louisville141(m): 9:06am On Aug 08, 2015
Suit up!!!
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by j4sure(m): 9:06am On Aug 08, 2015
ok
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 08, 2015
platodeen:
I smelt being called for an interview any moment from now, so i need the house's candid advice on whether to put on the normal shirt and trousers with the tie as i don't have suit and no longer interested in borrowing one.

Although, an insider emphasised on dressing well as part of the interview success.

But could dressing well mean putting on suit in such an occasion. Thanks
If u don't know how to dress for interview how r we sure u will know how to do ur job?

What is wrong with NL? This is not NL of 4 years ago and the moderators r not different from their posters.
Anything comes to front page now on nl

1 Like

Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by pocohantas(f): 9:09am On Aug 08, 2015
talk2riel:

Can the company pay for classic man shoes?

Hopefully they can. This one OP is smelling the interview call from afar, it must be worth it.
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by zicoraads: 9:10am On Aug 08, 2015
platodeen:
I [b][/b]smelt[b][/b]being called for an interview any moment from now, so i need the house's candid advice on whether to put on the normal shirt and trousers with the tie as i don't have suit and no longer interested in borrowing one.

Although, an insider emphasised on dressing well as part of the interview success.

grin grin
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by petuniaevents(f): 9:11am On Aug 08, 2015
[color=#000099][/color] dress simply of course.
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by Ddonoflife(m): 9:12am On Aug 08, 2015
Nonybb:
R
for rabbit
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by Ddonoflife(m): 9:13am On Aug 08, 2015
Nairalandi:
black trouser with white long sleeve packet shirt is ok and moderate and don't forget to stuck in ur shirt!

Botton up and leave only one botton.

Goodluck!
for goat...Modified: nairalandi y did u change it na"lol
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by Infamous(m): 9:15am On Aug 08, 2015
PDPwayoo:

If u don't know how to dress for interview how r we sure u will know how to do ur job?

What is wrong with NL? This is not NL of 4 years ago and the moderators r not different from their posters.
Anything comes to front page now on nl
oga, what's the harm in asking such question? Is it in making front page? Would you prefer seeing 'Tonto Dike takes selfie in toilet' topic on the fp? FYI, I learnt from the OP'S topic.
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by osimataylor(m): 9:15am On Aug 08, 2015
Nop! The complete outfit is shirt tie and coat.You can be onshirt and tie but make sure you put on your coat before you met the panel.Shirt and tie is not complete outfit.
jamex93:
go with ur shirt and tie

when u get the work u can go with ur suit or coat
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by kokomilala(m): 9:15am On Aug 08, 2015
Suit is the icing.
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by Abati60: 9:41am On Aug 08, 2015
My advice is to have a good haircut, conservative suit color, white shirt, tie and no cologne, and smile, be confident. Good luck
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by Oxytocin(m): 9:46am On Aug 08, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
I prefer Agbada to suit grin
lol....Na jalamia you suppose prefer nau
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by missKiffy(f): 9:54am On Aug 08, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
I prefer Agbada to suit grin
cheesy
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by missKiffy(f): 9:58am On Aug 08, 2015
Nonybb:
This Op called Platodeen is confused. He wasnt going for any interview but smelt one coming
>>I smelt being called for an interview any moment from now, so i need the house's candid advice
He made it known that he has been borrowing suit for such occassions and hence cant be totally oblivious of importance of it, but yet still went further to ask this question
>>on whether to put on the normal shirt and trousers with the tie as i don't have suit and no longer interested in borrowing one.

For someone that had gone severally for interviews he is still looking to see who is going to emphasis the importance of wearing a suit and then another dumb question followed >>
Then he asked one last dumb question But could dressing well mean putting on suit in such an occasion. Thanks
I have been warning the moderators to be warned on some irrelevant stuffs they made to appear on front page. This is ridiculous. When you post educative stuffs, it wouldnt appear here and when a bored dude type with his Nokia E63 with his MTN 10Mb it makes front page
I find this really funny cheesy
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by ExInferis(m): 10:15am On Aug 08, 2015
Nonybb:
when a bored dude type with his Nokia E63 with his MTN 10Mb it makes front page

I must tell you that Nairaland is an equal opportunity forum that doesnt discriminate based on phone type or MB.

Tecnos and iPhones equally welcomed.
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by ojnnaco(m): 10:31am On Aug 08, 2015
anything u have will carry u tru. just pray dat luck will locate u
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by somez(m): 10:39am On Aug 08, 2015
If he goes out with that Jidenna's outfit, he gets the job automatically. No interviews.
pocohantas:
Just dress like Jidenna #ClassicMan
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by herexy(m): 10:44am On Aug 08, 2015
wearing suit or not doesn't guaranty you of getting the job, If you don't have a suit then dress appropriate in all modesty. suit or no suit, you won't be deny an interview session. Just make do with what you have.
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by Rexnegro(m): 11:02am On Aug 08, 2015
platodeen:
I smelt being called for an interview any moment from now, so i need the house's candid advice on whether to put on the normal shirt and trousers with the tie as i don't have suit and no longer interested in borrowing one.

Tho wat you wear and how neat you re mata a lot , but bro the most important tin is ur performance, how constructed and carried out mata more during ur interview. For me go with shirt,trouser and tie....just get ur homework done I bet you, you did get The job...goodluck bro.

1 Like

Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by platodeen(m): 12:17pm On Aug 08, 2015
...I have been warning the moderators to be warned on some irrelevant stuffs they made to appear on front page. This is ridiculous. When you post educative stuffs, it wouldnt appear here and when a bored dude type with his Nokia E63 with his MTN 10Mb it makes front page

Really do not know d response 4 u cos it z so obvious dat u r emotionally interested in what makes d fp. N ofcourse, dat's not the topic.
But y won't u want to apply as a mod on nairaland? sadsad
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
Nonybb:
This Op called Platodeen is confused. He wasnt going for any interview but smelt one coming
>>I smelt being called for an interview any moment from now, so i need the house's candid advice
He made it known that he has been borrowing suit for such occassions and hence cant be totally oblivious of importance of it, but yet still went further to ask this question
>>on whether to put on the normal shirt and trousers with the tie as i don't have suit and no longer interested in borrowing one.

For someone that had gone severally for interviews he is still looking to see who is going to emphasis the importance of wearing a suit and then another dumb question followed >>
Then he asked one last dumb question But could dressing well mean putting on suit in such an occasion. Thanks
I have been warning the moderators to be warned on some irrelevant stuffs they made to appear on front page. This is ridiculous. When you post educative stuffs, it wouldnt appear here and when a bored dude type with his Nokia E63 with his MTN 10Mb it makes front page

Lmao!! grin grin grin grin grin
Lwkm
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by platodeen(m): 12:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
[quote author=ExInferis post=36732798]

I must tell you that Nairaland is an equal opportunity forum that doesnt discriminate based on phone type or MB.

Tecnos and iPhones equally welcomed.

Please, counsel him.cheesy:p

1 Like

Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by 123papas(m): 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
If its a financial institution or you will be working in a corporate office... suit up with tie.

for others......... suit up or use a blazer, without tie.
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by siegfried99(m): 7:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
Nonybb:

Finishing! grin
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by udeh3(m): 10:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
platodeen:

In some interviews, your physical appearance (Dressing and look) is 50%...
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by benedima1990(m): 11:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
Op, well it's good you're trying to look gud for the interview but at the same time focus more on wat to say and how to be confident on that day

I've seen lot of people who dresses much more than Obama and were not given jobs at the end of the day

And it's very hard for an interviewer to send you out because you're not on suit, the highest the interviewer can do is to minute it on his/ her report sheet but I bet you, wat they are more concerned abt is wat you have to offer and your composure.
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by olumzzz(m): 6:35am On Aug 09, 2015
Mannylex:

You couldn't have said it any better.

OP , use a suit, except the job is not really worth it. For any interview with a standard company going there without a suit would only make you look less appealing and presentable.
Not really. ..depends on how u wow dem...I passed through 3 stages during Access bank recruitment without a suit..I only put on a suit wen I wanted to meet their head of HR
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by Mannylex(m): 9:25am On Aug 09, 2015
olumzzz:

Not really. ..depends on how u wow dem...I passed through 3 stages during Access bank recruitment without a suit..I only put on a suit wen I wanted to meet their head of HR

Quite surprising. I had same 3 stages of interview with a bank, and we were told beforehand to make sure we wore a suit , reason been that: 1. It's compulsory 2. It forms part of the overall score. At a stage in the interview a guy showed up without suit, the HR contact person asked him to borrow suit from the other candidates before he stepped into the interview room, he emphasized that a suit was not only necessary but compulsory.
Re: Shirt And Tie For A Job Interview Or Together With The Suit? by olumzzz(m): 11:34am On Aug 09, 2015
Mannylex:

Quite surprising. I had same 3 stages of interview with a bank, and we were told beforehand to make sure we wore a suit , reason been that: 1. It's compulsory 2. It forms part of the overall score. At a stage in the interview a guy showed up without suit, the HR contact person asked him to borrow suit from the other candidates before he stepped into the interview room, he emphasized that a suit was not only necessary but compulsory.
Different experiences. .but in actual terms...a suit is necessary bt not compulsory. ..And as u rightly said..It gives u more points

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How True Is NYE (nigeria Youth Empowerment) .....[pictures] / ZP Nigeria Limited @ Ikeja. / What Happened To Npower Creative And Npower Build?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.