Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Mourinho Signs New Chelsea Contract - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho Signs New Chelsea Contract (315 Views)

OMG!! Eden Hazard Rejects New Chelsea Contract Offer Could Leave Next Summer / Jose Mourinho Signs As Man Utd Manager / Breaking News: Jose Mourinho Signs New Chelsea Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho Signs New Chelsea Contract by hammariise(m): 5:27am On Aug 08, 2015
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has committed his future to the Premier League champions by putting pen to paper on a new four-year contract.

Mourinho won his third Premier League title with Chelsea last season as well as lifting the League Cup - the first trophies since making his return for a second spell at Stamford Bridge.

The former Porto boss spent three years in west London early in the Roman Abramovich era before enjoying trophy-laden spells at Inter and Real Madrid.

Rumours had suggested the 52-year-old would agree a new contract following a successful season with the club and, having restored Chelsea to become the dominant force in English football, Mourinho's new deal until 2019 was announced on the eve of the new Premier League season.

"If the club is happy, I am happy," said Mourinho.

"I think this is a normal thing for me to sign a new contract. It is important we have this continuity and I hope we can enjoy more success in the future - for the fans, the players and the club."

Mourinho's initial exit from Stamford Bridge came about due to a disagreement with wealthy owner Abramovich, although relations appear to have improved in recent years.

Speaking shortly after wrapping up the Premier League title last term, Mourinho stated he would "stay as long as Mr Abramovich wants me".
Re: Mourinho Signs New Chelsea Contract by alonzoiv(m): 5:38am On Aug 08, 2015
How true?
Re: Mourinho Signs New Chelsea Contract by SimpleVili: 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
The special one!

(1) (Reply)

UEFA Complain To FIFA Over Alleged Michel Platini Smear Campaign / Just One Game To Register My 2nd New Season Winning Again / MERRYBET Football(+ Other Sports) Betting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.