Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,446 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Official Manchester United Supporters Club Thread For 2015/2016 Session - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official Manchester United Supporters Club Thread For 2015/2016 Session (1739 Views)

How Can I Join Nigeria Football Supporters Club? / Osun United Supporters Attack Sunshine Football Club Fans,injure Many(pics) / PHOTOS: One Dead as Akwa United supporters club involved in A Fatal accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official Manchester United Supporters Club Thread For 2015/2016 Session by dejavski(m): 7:37am On Aug 08, 2015
Where are my united fans at? Come let's discuss more about our expectations from our great club this season, our chances, potential transfer targets and the loopholes in the team

You contribute is highly welcomed

#GGMU

Re: Official Manchester United Supporters Club Thread For 2015/2016 Session by kossyablaze(m): 7:43am On Aug 08, 2015
Cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Supporters Club Thread For 2015/2016 Session by jamex93(m): 7:45am On Aug 08, 2015
adawa fc
Re: Official Manchester United Supporters Club Thread For 2015/2016 Session by dejavski(m): 7:48am On Aug 08, 2015
We r condemned to win the EPL this season. We have got no other choice cos it's been a while cool
Re: Official Manchester United Supporters Club Thread For 2015/2016 Session by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 9:32am On Aug 08, 2015
Forever united
Re: Official Manchester United Supporters Club Thread For 2015/2016 Session by lymelyte(m): 11:51am On Aug 08, 2015
when is today's match?
Re: Official Manchester United Supporters Club Thread For 2015/2016 Session by SweetSoup(m): 12:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
I dey here, united till blood turns blue...
Re: Official Manchester United Supporters Club Thread For 2015/2016 Session by Sunkyphil(m): 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
any good app to stream the match on android?
Re: Official Manchester United Supporters Club Thread For 2015/2016 Session by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 3:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
Real Madrid should hasten David de Gea bid cos am already falling in Luv wif Sergio Romero #nohomo

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Supporters Club Thread For 2015/2016 Session by dejavski(m): 10:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
First win and first 3 points of the season even though the lads didn't put up a strong performance... there's definitely going to be improvement in this team.
Additions are required at. This point which from the look of things looks imminent. I believe we will come out tops at the end

#GGMU

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Supporters Club Thread For 2015/2016 Session by dejavski(m): 10:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
onyeomaonyeoma:
Real Madrid should hasten David de Gea bid cos am already falling in Luv wif Sergio Romero #nohomo

He was wonderful today... I love his aerial dominance too
Re: Official Manchester United Supporters Club Thread For 2015/2016 Session by chalry4real2002: 10:46am On Aug 09, 2015
Dear Angel Di Maria, Just over a year ago, Manchester United fans were absolutely ecstatic about your arrival. We were happy that we finally got a world class winger after years of wait who won’t be afraid to take the ball, run at the defenders with his dazzling pace, won’t be shy to whip crosses in, and will light up the Old Trafford crowd. As you’re well familiar, we love those kinds of exciting players and absolutely give all our support to them. In fact, when you arrived from Real Madrid to Manchester United for a British record fee, even things like “You took our devil, we took your angel” were said in regards to the reference to Cristiano Ronaldo. A year later, you depart for PSG after making just 24 starts for United in all competitions last year. That should definitely not be the case for a player of your caliber. Sure, injuries were a cause for some of your absence but when you were fit towards the later part of the season, you still weren’t able to break into the team. Now, you might argue that United didn’t play you in your favorite position and that might be true as well, but truth be told, not every player gets to play in his favorite position every time and players do need to adapt according to the club’s needs. I’m sure you’re no stranger to the injury crisis United sustained last year so that must explain why you had to play in different positions. Great players like you shouldn’t need any time to adapt, especially when you’re being paid about 200k a week. Look at your fellow counterparts at United for example; Mata, Valencia, Young, Fellaini, and Rooney were all asked to play in different positions at different times last season but did they complain? No. Did they say they’re unsettled? No. Did that stop them for giving their 100% every single time? No. Why you ask? Because United were going through a tough transition and everyone wanted to be a part of that. Everyone wanted to make history. Everyone wanted to give their all and prove to the Old Trafford faithful why they deserve to be there. It’s a shame same can’t be said about you. Speaking of adaptability, you weren’t afraid to change your roles for Real Madrid as well. From playing a winger in Mourinho’s system to playing in the middle three of Ancelotti’s system, you weren’t shy of a change and obviously proved that you can play in different positions and adapt very well. So why not United? Makes us wonder if you really wanted to be here in the first place. Moving on from the injury and transition crisis to talking about you on a personal level. It’s no surprise that you’re a brilliant player and we saw the evidence of that time after time in 2014. From a staggering performance in the Champions League final to be instrumental in Argentina’s World Cup run, you’ve massive talent and you aren’t afraid to show that to the world. In fact, you had a brilliant start for United as well. Then you had some family troubles with a burglary into your house and I understand how rattling that can be for your family, especially for your young daughter. But it’s no surprise that United tried to help you in every way possible. From giving a secret hotel stay to offering private security, United tried everything to make sure that you have everything you need. Then you had injury troubles which kept you out from the team and then came eventually the biggest turning point for your career at United; the red card against Arsenal. No matter what your intentions were in the sending off at the FA Cup quarter- final against Arsenal, Mike Oliver made the right choice. Being rightly suspended, Ashley Young was given his chance at the left flank and he took it with both hands and United went on a dream run. When you came back from your suspension, you were mostly used as a substitute to close out games but knowing you weren’t a starter at that period, it’s pretty obvious that LVG and United wanted more from you. United wanted the hunger, the desire, the passion on the pitch which was clearly missing from you, but not Young. It was evident that you looked disinterested and did not want to work hard to fight back for your place in the team. United fans kept on thinking “Where has his passion gone?” Manchester United has a history of being patient with their players and giving them time. Even the most frustrating players have been given enough chances to prove themselves. And if their performances on the pitch aren’t worthy of esteemed appreciation, their hard work and the fact that they’re trying hard and never give up does not go unnoticed. In fact, it’s adored at United because that’s the United way. Never give up, come back when you’re down, and always fight back. Always. Just in recent years, the likes of Ashley Young, Fellaini, and Chris Smalling have received their fair share of criticism but did they give up and back down from a fight? No. In fact, they’re regular starters for United now. Even David De Gea when started, made blunders. Most noticeably the one in his competitive debut match against Manchester City and people questioned why we bought a very young and inexperienced keeper. He was constantly dropped in his first season but did that stop him from working hard and proving his critics wrong? No. Anyways, I can go on and on about players bouncing back and proving their critics wrong at this wonderful club, but what difference would it make? Last year when you joined United your exact words were “Manchester United is the only club I’d have left Real Madrid for.” Let’s not forget, last year you were also linked with a move to PSG which reportedly only failed because of the FFP regulations. One year later when you join that very same club, it all looks very shady. Call it a coincidence but it definitely raises a lot of eyebrows regarding if you really wanted to be here in the first place. Did you really want to play for this club so badly even after Ronaldo advised you to join United and snub PSG last year? The biggest criticism, however, would be you being a flat out liar and turning on your word. Earlier this summer, you admitted that you didn’t have a very good first season at United and you want to change that next season. That you want to stay but then when the team expects you to board the plane and join them for their US training session, you just disappear? Forget your intentions of leaving, where is the basic courtesy and professionalism? Where’s the respect for the club? Where’s the respect for your fellow players who are looking forward to play and train with you? If you really wanted to leave, why couldn’t you be so professional about it like David De Gea instead of making a drama and mockery out of yourself? The United fans will never know, but they’ll surely like an answer one day. Finally, to wrap my emotions and frustrations about your stay at United, I’d like to acknowledge that Manchester might not be one of the greatest places to live on the earth. Especially after you compare it with Madrid and Paris, but football is much more than just where you live. It’s who you play for, it’s who you want to play for. A mere geographical preference shouldn’t impact your decision about staying at a club. After all, it’s not about the lifestyle, it’s about the respect and love for the game. As I mentioned before, last year when you signed for us, I was very ecstatic and as much as I’d love to say I’m really sad and disappointed regarding your departure, I really can’t say that. I’m pleased to see you leave. I don’t want players who lack the motivation and desire to play for the badge on the shirt to play for the club I support. No matter what the reasons are in your head for the departure, everyone here at United would have loved to see you give it another try and fight like a winner. But I guess you didn’t wanted to do that so all I’m going to say is “Winners never quit, and quitters never win.” Thank you for your one year at United and for everything that you did at this beautiful football club. Good luck in your future but I can assure you, you’ll never get a club like United again. Sincerely, A passionate Manchester United fan.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Supporters Club Thread For 2015/2016 Session by Publ1cEnemy(m): 10:54am On Aug 09, 2015
Bad game yesterday.
Re: Official Manchester United Supporters Club Thread For 2015/2016 Session by dejavski(m): 6:22am On Aug 10, 2015
From the look of things it seems that this season's EPL is going to be highly competitive as the underdogs are beginning to fade away from their tags. They are getting much stronger. I just hope we try our best to achieve excellence this season
#GGMU

(1) (Reply)

Banned Ronaldo Watches On As Asensio And Benzema Strike To Condemn Barcelona / Morata Hits Hat-trick As Chelsea Win At Stoke / Demba Ba Reacts To The Ban Of Some Islamic Activites In China.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.