Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,258 members, 7,957,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:16 PM

Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail (17969 Views)

Fraudulent Mail From Gtbank Internet Banking / Re:how Fraudsters Hack Into Your Bank Account Through Internet Banking / Woman Meets Her Raper In Banking Hall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by imsuboi(m): 11:21am On Aug 08, 2015
dhardline:
Instead of them to use the skill they used on that to build a website that generates money.How do these guys sleep at night. undecided

With 4 AC cooling units grin
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 08, 2015
greatestman:
I follow all these steps, when I reached to the level, they said I should confirm transaction. I know something is wrong somewhere I refused to go further.
Your bank will never ask You to fill any shit online. Next time don't even open the link!

1 Like

Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by eluquenson(m): 11:25am On Aug 08, 2015
I always receive such mail, what i do is just to check the sender's details which i know they are all fraudsters. My bank will never ask me to update my details through mails or phone calls.

Be wise

2 Likes

Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by plendil: 11:32am On Aug 08, 2015
2pointsonly:
Your bank will never ask You to fill any shit online. Next time don't even open the link!

Honestly, anyone falling for such cheap scam must be the biggest mugu alive.

Almost all banks, and GTB in particular, always send periodic mails clearly stating that THEY WILL NEVER REQUEST FOR YOUR DETAILS ON LINE, much less through an EMAIL LINK!!!! shocked shocked

Delete such mails at once.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by blaquemyc: 11:34am On Aug 08, 2015
people will still fall for this scam even after reading this

1 Like

Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by Kennitrust(m): 11:35am On Aug 08, 2015
Nigeria, a place where everything evil is possible. I wish I'd d might to change this country. D the western world is enjoying development upon development but we r here living at risk with everything. surviving a day unhurt in Nigeria is a big deal. our newspapers seem to be open only for for bad news. it either scam, boko haram, arm rubber, rape, political looting and a lot more.
God! is there any good time to be born and U could not wait till then before U allowed Kennitrust to come into the world. God pls, do me a favour, Let Nigeria be Good in my own time before I die, pls.

1 Like

Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by plendil: 11:36am On Aug 08, 2015
@OP, you made a mistake by even clicking the link. Some may contain malware/spyware that are unknowingly downloaded to your system once you click it. I suggest you antivirus to do a complete scan of ur system.
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by OlafenwaMoses(m): 11:57am On Aug 08, 2015
Valentinooo:
Good morning everyone, I received a mail this morning from Gt bank telling me to update my account else they will suspend it. The moment I saw it I know they are scammers, So I decided to play along to get some info and here are the things I got so far.

The link they provided is not a true gt bank link.
Here is the link http://werkvanthuis.org/templates/beez3/GTARGET/
but they covered it with this https://ibank.Gtbank.com/activation/upda­te.aspx
to decieve people to believe it's truly from Gt bank.

What they do is collect your details and use it to make transfers from your account to their own accounts.
So don't fall for such cheap scam. I also attached screen shots of the sensitive details they will be asking for.

These days I wonder how Africa will grow where skilled people chose to engage in such evil creativity, and not come up with something that will bring legitimate income, create jobs and develop our society.
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by olayemish(m): 11:58am On Aug 08, 2015
my candid advice to us all is that whenever you have such mail irrespective of where it's coming from we should try to visit the branch closer to us to confirm. the worst banks will do on our account is to put a restriction on the account pending the time we do needful.
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by luthorcorp: 11:59am On Aug 08, 2015
one out of ten people have already fallen for such scams
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by missKiffy(f): 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
Thanks op for sharing, shameless people. They even went as far as asking someone to press token, yeye dey smell
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
Phishermen at work.
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
This is nonsense.

You can and should definitely use online banking.

What you shouldn't do is login via a links from any email, not from even your bank.

Instead login via an https link to the bank.

Stop the fear mongering.
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by soos: 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2015
O ga gan ooooo sad

Even chicken won get rank untop pot...
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by poweredcom(m): 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
Omo dem don cast work
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by greatestman(m): 1:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
2pointsonly:

Thanks, I do ignore all these type of messages but this very one as if I am just out of my senses.
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by aspirebig: 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
I see that these guys are getting smarter daily, but they will keep failing.
I think these guys know the bank customers very well that they have their email addresses. GTB mgt should work on their internal processes, their customers details should well secured.
The issue is very common with GTB online banking, why are we not having this issues with the other banks.
It could be their old IT staff , they laid off, sacked or some of their IT guys doing this to their esteemed customers. This is just too bad.Surely an insider is involved in this.
But why can't GTB close down all these fake websites, or just put like 5k in an account as a bait, they play along. Once the money is transferred, then the owners of the credited account will be arrested, even if it is interbank transactions.

Personally, I delete any mail that relates to my bank accounts, apart from the ones sent by the account officer or monthly SOA.

Any mail on upgrade, enter details, enter name, is already deleted even before it hits my email. Their father.

If i have any concern , I will go to the bank in person to enter my details, not in a mail.
The mails look very suspicious, even from the first mail. Whatever upgrade the bank is doing, I wont eneter my details in a mail, NEVER, except while I am in the bank.

Also, people should have their account officers phone number to call and clarify issues when in doubt.
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by Koolwilly(m): 2:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
aspirebig:
GTB mgt should work on their internal processes, their customers details should well secured.
The issue is very common with GTB online banking, why are we not having this issues with the other banks.
It could be their old IT staff , they laid off, sacked or some of their IT guys doing this to their esteemed customers.
1. This is a simple phishing technique no insider job is involved.
2. They get this email addresses online, you could have posted your email address here on NL or some other online forum or even Facebook.
3. They spam randomly, at times i get Zenith bank account update and I don't use that bank.
4. That particular scam page the OP posted on here would be used to get the account holder ATM card details, then the card would be used to make orders online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by criuze(m): 2:42pm On Aug 08, 2015
my people you do hear now
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by aspirebig: 2:55pm On Aug 08, 2015
Koolwilly:

1. This is a simple phishing technique no insider job is involved.
2. They get this email addresses online, you could have posted your email address here on NL or some other online forum or even Facebook.
3. They spam randomly, at times i get Zenith bank account update and I don't use that bank.
4. That particular scam page the OP posted on here would be used to get the account holder ATM card details, then the card would be used to make orders online.

Ok, if you say so, no problem.

The email of address I used in opening my bank accounts are my real email and on no account, I repeat, on no account, will I post it here on NL or FB , or any other online forum. It is strictly personal, except I give it to you, so once I see any kind of kurukere mail, na to delete o. No time.

You have a good point there.
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by ElPhoche(m): 3:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
My question, do the Nigerian police do online policing and monitoring? Is there any govt parastatal saddled with such responsibility?
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by zikray: 3:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
How do we share this to our family and friends who are not nairalanders? please advise.

1 Like

Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by olamydey(f): 4:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
God bless Op for bringing this to public. People are still falling big time. The bank can only warn customers via campaigns and mail but maga still dey pay... Big time cry cry. When people fall for these scams and come to report, I so much feel for them.
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by herald9: 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2015
Valentinooo:
And this
Hello bro. My Gtbank account can't pay online... What might be the cause?
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by fragrant(f): 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
greatestman:
I follow all these steps, when I reached to the level, they said I should confirm transaction. I know something is wrong somewhere I refused to go further. They still send mail to me today. The funniest thing here is I don't have recharge card balance in my account.
U nid to change ur User name nd password also call gt connect. Its best to change d info Uve given dem.
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by greatestman(m): 4:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
fragrant:
U nid to change ur User name nd password also call gt connect. Its best to change d info Uve given dem.
OK my dear I will do that on Monday.
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by folahann(m): 5:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
See the one I got few days ago.

Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by ItGeek(m): 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2015
aspirebig:

Ok, if you say so, no problem.

The email of address I used in opening my bank accounts are my real email and on no account, I repeat, on no account, will I post it here on NL or FB , or any other online forum. It is strictly personal, except I give it to you, so once I see any kind of kurukere mail, na to delete o. No time.

You have a good point there.

You don't need to give anybody your email to know it, each of us leaves enough digital footprint for all these information to get into the hands of these guys. The key thing is do not even open mails from people you do not know. Opening some of these mails and attachments will compormise your system/phone/device.
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by Valentinooo: 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
herald9:

Hello bro. My Gtbank account can't pay online... What might be the cause?
av u been using it before for online transactions or you just want to start
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by poseidon12: 7:24pm On Aug 08, 2015
It's not from GTB but from fraudsters.
Re: Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail by herald9: 7:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
Valentinooo:
av u been using it before for online transactions or you just want to start
Just Want to start... in fact it's a new account...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Four Arrested For Beheading A 5-year-old Boy In Enugu / The Rise And Fall Of Derico Nwamama / President Of Nigerian Student Union In India Racially Attacked And Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.