Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,410 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Sex Workers Stormed Ogun Openly; Youth Unemployment, Failing Moral Or Boldness? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Sex Workers Stormed Ogun Openly; Youth Unemployment, Failing Moral Or Boldness? (4714 Views)

Moral Decadence. / Pastor Chibuzor Chiyere Of OPM Weds Two More Repentant Sex Workers. Picture / Sex Workers Hold Candlelight Procession For Slain Colleagues In Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sex Workers Stormed Ogun Openly; Youth Unemployment, Failing Moral Or Boldness? by OgunNewsFact: 10:59am On Aug 08, 2015
Commercial sex workers popularly called "ashawo" or "prostitute" no doubt are known to practise their trade in the wee hours of the night. But times are changing! How do you explain a situation where these children of jezebel come in the open to protest the death of their colleague? In the past those who lie , cheat or engage in negative way of life hide such behaviour as the society frowns and condemn such, but now 419, yahoo boys, prostitutes, gay, lesbians, etc are getting so proud of their devilish way of life that one is quick to ask "IS THIS YOUTH UNEMPLOYMENT, FAILING MORAL STANDARD or BOLDNESS as prostitutes openly stormed Abeokuta in a protest?

SAMUEL AWOYINFA, ABEOKUTA

Scores of commercial sex workers in Abeokuta on Monday night held a candlelight procession in honour of their colleague, who was allegedly killed by suspected ritualists last Sunday.

Persons, suspected to be ritualists, had killed and dumped the corpse of one 23-year-old Sitira at a refuse site at Oloomore junction, Abeokuta, in the early hours of the fateful day.

A chunk of flesh was severed from her  right arm by her assailants.

The ‎late Sitira was said to have been thrown off from a moving Sport Utility Vehicle along the Abeokuta-Lagos Expressway.

The sex workers, ‎who wore black dresses, stormed the state secretariat of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, Oke-Ilewo, Abeokuta‎, on Monday night, wailing.

However, on Monday, ‎about 50 commercial sex workers, plying their trade in Abeokuta, converged on the NUJ secretariat and also at the frontage of the nearby residence of former Head of Interim National Government, Chief Ernest Shonekan.

They identified their slain colleague wi‎th different names such as Titi and Folake.

Bearing lighted candles, they chanted various solidarity songs and rained curses on the unnamed killers of their colleague.

They said, “Oro nla le da, oro nla le da, eyin tepa Titi, t’eje o dagba, oro nla le da. Omo yin ma ku, eeeheee Omo yin maku, eyin tepa Titi t’eje o dagba, omo yin ma ku.”

Meaning, “You have done something grievous, you have done something grievous by killing Titi prematurely. The killers‎ of Titi (Sitira) have done something grievous. Their children will die, their children will die, those that killed Titi, will lose their children.”

They later departed for the MKO Abiola International Stadium, Kuto, Abeokuta, another spot where they ply their trade to continue their mourning.

Speaking with journalists, some of them  claimed that another colleague in the same business was killed by suspected ritualists alongside Sitira.

They explained that the mutilated remains‎ of the sex worker was uncovered in a ditch at the same Olomoore, Abeokuta.

Re: Sex Workers Stormed Ogun Openly; Youth Unemployment, Failing Moral Or Boldness? by Utchgirl(f): 11:28am On Aug 08, 2015
See hw dis gal jus wasted her life !

Wht ealse wil i say ? I'm short of words.

Anyways, RIP.

In ur nxt world,live a decent life so dt u wil nt die a shameful death like dis.

Some gals r giving d innocent ones bad names.

(1) (Reply)

Air Conditioning (a/c) And Refrigeration Repair And Maintenance / Women Help Me: I Know I Can Invest In My Children's Lives. / See The Crowd That Showed Up At Popular Urban Strip Club’s Open Audition In Milw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.