Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,710 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up (31402 Views)

Last Facebook Post Of Soldier Who Was Killed By Boko Haram (picture) / Ondo2016: PDP Posts Photo Of Soldier Arrested In Abuja, Claiming It's In Ondo / Burial Of Soldier Who Died Fighting Boko Haram (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 08, 2015
So sad to know. Knew him as a little boy and the dad was my guardian in Zaria.

R.I.P Benji. Condolences to Family of WO2 Charles Edim.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
Didn't u read? Space booker!
Lacomus:
RIP Sir, are those that killed him Boko Haram ?
Just asking

1 Like

Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by monday4jesus15(m): 1:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
His dead should be investigated and used as an acid test to this regime.
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by frankcell(m): 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
Hmmm
Even in the military
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by Anaskie(m): 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
Oh my God! Was just with this guy some weeks back over a matter I had with the Nigerian Army.
He was such a jolly good fellow. Totally changed my misconceptions about soldiers.

Rip sir.
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by Eluwilussit(m): 3:04pm On Aug 08, 2015
Bollove:
He never informed the boys that he is enroute and tap tap !!

Did u read the story?
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by Bollove: 3:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Did u read the story?
There are always two version to a story but we Nigerians are always quick to judge after we read one !!!
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by camaraderi(m): 3:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
RIP LT BENJAMIN EDIM
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by Eluwilussit(m): 3:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
Bollove:
There are always two version to a story but we Nigerians are always quick to judge after we read one !!!

They made him ride alone. Why didn't he have company? Remember they were going for an operation. They are not in Borno but somewhere in Abia, so why shoot without identifying the target? Military cover up happens all over the world. Nothing new but that doesn't mean the family should accept whatever the military say, hook, line and sinker. It should be independently investigated by a reputable organization. Poor guy, wasted by some silly zombies.

3 Likes

Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by Guruboi(m): 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
Not a news again that Millitary in Nigeria is another set of Bokoharam living in the city.

I hate that work since bokoharam issue pop-up.
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by Bollove: 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2015
Eluwilussit:

They made him ride alone. Why didn't he have company? Remember they were going for an operation. They are not in Borno but somewhere in Abia. Military cover up happens all over the world. Nothing new but that doesn't mean the family should accept whatever the military say, hook, line and sinker. It should be independently investigated by a reputable organization. Poor guy, wasted by some silly zombies.
Somebody would have definitely make mistakes somewhere no doubt and that should be thoroughly investigated.

He too should have "say no" if the standard protocol for rescue operations doesn't require him to ride alone ... other than that .... The "rescue team" would have had briefs before they fly-out, and each and every member of the team would have been tactically briefed about their role and responsibilities ....... Thus, you know what I wanna do and I know what you wanna do , so is he part of the team or not ..... Or he was deployed for covert operation alone while other teams where eventually deployed and communication problem led to his death !!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by boolet: 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2015
Sirlancelot:
This scenario is prevalent in operation.Any type of Officer fond of 'putting eye on soldier' would suffer such fate.It is very painful that some soldiers do not like domineering/overbearing officer.That is not the first and wont be the last of such case in Army.I pray that God will grant them the fortitude to bear the loss.
The moot points here are: "where was the RV?"

"Where was he shot?"

"Was the RV outside a military base?"

"Was he late to the RV?"

"Why did he not follow the duty vehicle/truck/hilux as the case might have been?"

FannySwindler:
So sad to know. Knew him as a little boy and the dad was my guardian in Zaria.
R.I.P Benji. Condolences to Family of WO2 Charles Edim.
RickRichards:
We can't rule out fraticide.
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by kekeke4life: 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
It is well
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by Eluwilussit(m): 3:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
Bollove:
Somebody would have definitely make mistakes somewhere no doubt and that should be thoroughly investigated.

He too should have "say no" if the standard protocol for rescue operations doesn't require him to ride alone ... other than that .... The "rescue team" would have had briefs before they fly-out, and each and every member of the team would have been tactically briefed about their role and responsibilities ....... Thus, you know what I wanna do and I know what you wanna do , so is he part of the team or not ..... Or he was deplored for covert operation alone while other teams where eventually deplore and communication problem led to his death !!!

Dude, you are absolutely right. I applaud your reasoning. Every bit of your post makes sense. Lol. Keep it up. Hope u are enjoying your weekend?

1 Like

Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by jelal007(m): 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
RIP to the dead. But honestly,the way some superior officers behave when commanding troops I'm 9ja is really appalling. There are several officers who're at risk of being ending d way dis dude did. Anyway, I hope the military investigates well.
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2015
Mistakes happen, itz painful that it comes from a comrade and also costs a life.
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by misterh(m): 4:28pm On Aug 08, 2015
menix:
The little position he held, they re still not satisfied that their father is the Commander in Chief...

I pray the military investigates cous it's a norm for a certain tribe to always claim all position since Caused Luggard forced this marriage on us...

RIP Edim...
Dude, I doubt you read the story. First, the incidence occurred in Abia state. Secondly, it wasn't suggested anywhere that a certain tribe was aggrieved.

But keep on wallowing in your hate.

Cheers.
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 08, 2015
operation #OBEYTHELASTCOMMAND. i believe his superiors masterminded the act because he was asked (FORCED) to drive himself at the initial stage, when he is entitled to a driver. MAY HIS SOUL RIP
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by Ninilowo(m): 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
ELTON123:
Why am I not surprised
because this is NIGERIA!
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by philGeo(m): 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
Immature coup, our forces again killing their own, every thing now warrant killing in this country by our so call useless forces, you see you member you kill, you see civilians you kill, and when you see boko haram you run, is this how they are trained now a days? So many things are wrong with our forces.
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
Hmmmm a biafran soldier killed by a soldier from the zoo? Hmmmm biafra is loading for sure!
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by FearGodinall: 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
No comment,reaction and dumpfounded. Indeed nigeria is in onechance,how can an army officer be murdered just like that? What's the government doing? These are thing that will promote integrity and good governance. If serving army officer could go that way what will become of an ordinary nigerian? I think these are the areas the DSS ought to show their competencies not on corruption cases were their are agencies that would lawfully decharge their duties.
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by illiad: 6:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
fear north
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by cococandy(f): 6:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
How sad cry
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by alvin000(m): 6:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
Six bullet on a mid-chest will never be a mistake. The decease must be like those so-called Civlians/Military young Officer who oppressed their surbodinate. Rest In pieces SHAH!
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by chudyboy05(m): 7:09pm On Aug 08, 2015
This is just how awusa/fulani shot an innocent boy down in ariaria mkt last time. God is watching!
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by mranswer: 8:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
blue on blue incident keep on happening ,R.I.P Edim
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by menix(m): 8:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
misterh:
Dude, I doubt you read the story. First, the incidence occurred in Abia state. Secondly, it wasn't suggested anywhere that a certain tribe was aggrieved.

But keep on wallowing in your hate.

Cheers.

Mr reader, so the military in Abia is made of jst one tribe?

Common dude!! Re u frm mars?
Yes no tribe was mentioned buh with the trend of happenings if it was same tribe, u did hear kinsmen kill fellow broda abii newspaper nah car 4 ur area?
Re: Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up by kechywillz(m): 9:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
Things like this happens but the military will always try to cover up. This reminds me of one soldier that said if for instance they are posted along side with their ajutant to a mission,they will shoot him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DSS, Police Begin Fresh Screening At INEC Collation Centre In Kano / Rivers Govt Petitions Defence Minister Over Amaechi, Orders Arrest Of 27 Persons / President Kagame Of Rwanda , First Female President Of Tanzania Arrive Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.