Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

“ Nigerian Hip-hop Vs American Hip-hop” – Vector - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “ Nigerian Hip-hop Vs American Hip-hop” – Vector (347 Views)

Vector's New Haircut Lands Him In Trouble [PICS] / Popular Nigerian Hip-hop Artiste Infected With HIV+ His Many Women / My Hip Is My Greatest Asset —ebube Nwagbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“ Nigerian Hip-hop Vs American Hip-hop” – Vector by TodayMusik(m): 12:22pm On Aug 08, 2015

Nigerian Hip-Hop has over the years grown without a doubt. We’ve watched the progression from when it started till date.

The ambiguous question that is yet to be answered satisfactorily still remains the yardstick one should use when judging Nigerian Hip-Hop.

Some are yet to accept Nigerian Hip-Hop while some have used American Rap as a “Barometer” for our indigenous rap.

Versatile rapper,  Olanrewaju Ogunmefun, popularly known as Vector Tha Viper, airs his opinion.

“The purity of Hip-Hop is dependent on the person doing it. A Frenchman can only do Hip-Hop in a pure French form, so somebody who is doing Hip-Hop right now can only do, like me I’m only doing Hip-Hop how I know how to do Hip-Hop. Is it pure? To me, yes.

“We should stop trying to measure our rap here by American standards or anything, it’s just pretty much if you can rap, rap,”

Using his current hit as an example, Vector uses audience appeal as a yardstick for making good music.

“How do you know how to rap, if it’s Yoruba do it well, if it’s Igbo do it well, if it’s Hausa, awesome, kill it. Which was the main idea in the ‘King Kong’ remix,bring all the major tribes together that know how to do their rap, how they feel. Validation is not needed that’s the point, just do the art form, if your....

Read More Here
Re: “ Nigerian Hip-hop Vs American Hip-hop” – Vector by kazmanbanjoko(m): 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2015
we pop champaigne. anything we do is to pop champaigne. *pops champaigne by mistake, na yu go pay*. hon patrick i mean mr patrick

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know The Fastest Way To Build Muscle And Burn Fat? / The Very Best And Fastest Way To Lose Weight / Bervely Osu Is Set To Release A Book Titled “the Beverly Book Of Pose”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.