Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? (829 Views)

Dino Melaye’s Name Missing From ABU Alumni Website-Punch / Dambazau Name Missing From List Of Officers For Further Investigation -SR / List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by salterswan: 3:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
Following the compliance of deposit banks with the directive given by the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, to make public names of chronic debtors, questions have been asked about the conspicuous absence of President Muhammadu Buhari’s name from the list having borrowed N22.7 million to buy the All Progressives Congress, APC, Presidential Form.

The apex bank had, on April 22, 2015, ordered the deposit money banks to publish the names of debtors’ from August 1.

Buhari had on October 16, 2014 at the APC National headquarters Abuja declared he picked both an expression of interest and a presidential nomination form worth N27.5m with a bank loan.

He explained that the presidential expression of interest form was N2.5m while the presidential nomination form was N25.5m, making a total of N27.5m.

“You could recall in the entire contest, I have always tried to personally pay for the nomination form at least. But N27.5m is not small.
“Thank God, I have a personal relationship with the chairman of my bank. I called him and told him that the forms are coming and so, whether my accounts are in red or green or black, you must honour this, otherwise, I will lose the nomination.

“I was about to go to Kaduna today and told the chairman and he said, ‘you better pick the form’ and he kept a straight face. That means that there is no excuse.

“I thank God that we have gotten to this stage and all speculations will now cease and now, in the best tradition of democracy, people can now follow their choice candidate into the arena,” Buhari had said.

Before the last general election, Buhari had tactically revealed his assets “I have at least one million Naira in my bank, having paid N5.5 million to pick my form from my party.

“I have around 150 cattle because I am never comfortable without cows. I have a house each in Kaduna, Kano, and Daura which I borrowed money to build. I never had a foreign account since I finished my courses in the USA, India and the UK. I never owned any property outside Nigeria, never.”

Investigations however reveal that Buhari had obtained the loan from Jaiz Bank, Kaduna state.

In the wake of the CBN directive to publish names of debtors, the bank has on August 1, 2015 published names of it debtors with Buhari name missing.

An on line Media Activist, Endurance Johnson took to social media to quiz: “I didn’t see President Buhari’s name amongst the bank debtors published…..has he paid the 27million Naira he borrowed to buy APC’s presidential nomination form?”

Read more here: http://www.post-nigeria.com/chronic-debtors-buharis-name-missing/

1 Like

Re: Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by mymadam(m): 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
Has he defaulted? If not, what's the big deal? Anyway, why is Dangote's name not listed? Has he too defaulted? Omo Naija, I hail oooo!

1 Like

Re: Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by dunkem21(m): 3:45pm On Aug 08, 2015
grin
Re: Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by deadZONE: 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by Abugab(m): 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
If truly Endurance Johnson is a reasonable activist he would have gone to the bank to make his enquiries rather than coming online to blow his trumpet.
Too many paper tigers nowadays masquerading as activists

2 Likes

Re: Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by psucc(m): 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
May be Amaechi paid back the loan.

1 Like

Re: Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by lukecent: 3:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
Maybe he has paid, after swearing in.
If not they better put his name o. we re watching with keen eyes.
This time we won't forget easily. Been noting all his statements from campaign time till now.
We ll help him "pghit kworruption"
Re: Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by mymadam(m): 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
Abugab:
If truly Endurance Johnson is a reasonable activist he would have gone to the bank to make his enquiries rather than coming online to blow his trumpet. Too many paper tigers nowadays masquerading as activists

Thank you jare. God go bless you yanfun, yanfun.

3 Likes

Re: Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
What!!!

Make I go CBN go ask the MD why buhari name is not included in the list cry
Re: Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by temitemi1(m): 3:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
Where did our presido borrow his own money from oooo grin grin grin
Re: Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by Young03(m): 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2015
keep deceiving us
Re: Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by donholy28(m): 3:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
Buhari lied...he didn't borrow dats y him name no show...he lied to get fake pity from d masses

1 Like

Re: Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2015
if his name is missing, u can add it urself...

1 Like

Re: Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 08, 2015
Go and add his name to the list now! Another dimension of wailing!!

1 Like

Re: Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by Omotayor123(f): 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
undecided
Re: Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by podosci(m): 4:09pm On Aug 08, 2015
you qualify to be named a chronic debtor if you have defaulted on your debt.Defaulting on the debt means you cant make monthly payments to the bank to honour the loan. I know the standard of education in Nigeria is presently low that's why lots of you'd Nigerians don't understand basic Finance but at least ask Questions before you comment.
Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by sdindan: 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
baba borrowed the money from a micro finance bank
Re: Chronic Debtors: Buhari’s Name Missing? by san316(m): 6:41pm On Aug 08, 2015
It is only dumb ppl that would ask such a question. Even if PMB hasnt paid, there is no way his name will feature. The list is meant for customers with non performing loans.

That is what the animal op doesnt know.

(1) (Reply)

Fashola, The Deceptive Broad Day Robber / Buhari’s 3 Achievements In Just 60 Days In Office / Tribalism? Hausa Man Killed Ibo Man With Watermelon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.