Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR (3250 Views)

Why Nigeria Cannot Be Restructured – IPOB / IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha / Nigeria Cannot Afford Another War With Tompolo And MEND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Talk2bryant(m): 6:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
GOOD EVENING MY FELLOW NAIRALANDERS,

am spending my weekend at the office and after clearing my table,i decided to relax with some youtube videos, while watching all sorts of short clips of gangstar shootouts on brooklyn street, and other gun related deaths, my mind traveled to world war, and watched some clips.

in the middle of this, the thought of secession came to my mind, no day will go by without a thread talking about Biafra, and i was prompted to view how the biafra war was like. i came across this video (link below), and i was astonished by the detailed analysis of the war. it saddens my heart to see how people were displaced and lives were lost.
i see so many of our Igbo folks talking about secession and they even boast that they are battle ready, if you witness this kind of artillery attack for a split second, you will change your mind.

if the Igbo people wants to break out of this Country of ours, please lets thread the peaceful path

i pray for a United Country where equality and Justice is been served to its populace.

God bless Nigeria
God bless Nairaland
God bless us all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8zXftCUlYk
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 08, 2015
Truth is, Nigeria aka the ZOO republic can afford another civil war except Biafra is left alone in peace which i very much doubt

7 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 08, 2015
There will be no wars. The breakup will be peaceful. Like the Soviet Union. The information and technology age will undo Nigeria as only ignorance has kept her together.

8 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Mogidi: 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
Fortune favours the brave.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Elosky20: 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
SAY NO TO BIAFRA SUICIDE MOVEMENT

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Mekus68: 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
OP fear not, nothing will happwn ok. Biafra will come in peace. It was in the past that wars was used to get independence, but in today's world its referendum.

Besides if Nigeria/Biafra war is to take place again,we hv our men in all the forces and paramilitary in this country, so what war strategy/moves and logistics does the north know that our men in the military do not know.

Again, u should know that there are equally stockpiles of military wepons and equipments here in the east too.

So op, thou shalt not be afraid ok.

8 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Talk2bryant(m): 7:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
Mekus68:
OP fear not, nothing will happwn ok. Biafra will come in peace. It was in the past that wars was used to get independence, but in today's world its referendum.

Besides if Nigeria/Biafra war is to take place again,we hv our men in all the forces and paramilitary in this country, so what war strategy/moves and logistics does the north know that our men in the military do not know.

Again, u should know that there are equally stockpiles of military wepons and equipments here in the east too.

So op, thou shalt not be afraid ok.
weapons and equipment you say, hope you are not banking on the south south boys tools,because am not aware of any military firepower anywhere in the south east, Nigeria as a country has allies ready to supply ammunitions and other military hardware, that's like the same thing that happened in the civil war.

referendum should be what the biafrans should channel all their energy to, and not down the memory lane of war

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by coolitempa(f): 7:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
Chei.......the black scorpion was truly their nightmare.......totally no nonsense..... cheesy....no wonder at the mere mention of his name......every biafraudian starts to poo...... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by tunwumi: 7:17pm On Aug 08, 2015
The major question is if u want war where will be the battle ground?

America have fought many wars but not on their soil. If Biafra want to do a second experiment it is welcome.
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by tunwumi: 7:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
1967-1970 was a prototype this 20 xx will be a full scale model. Some people don't know what they called air strike. They need to ask folks in middle east.
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by seunwen2(m): 7:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
[size=20pt]I'M Oloye[/size]

Buhari forever remain my mentor
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by oluwalfa: 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2015
op you have said nothing
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
laughs in Swahili this biafrogs never learn war is not a game better go back to ur history books

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
Talk2bryant:

weapons and equipment you say, hope you are not banking on the south south boys tools,because am not aware of any military firepower anywhere in the south east, Nigeria as a country has allies ready to supply ammunitions and other military hardware, that's like the same thing that happened in the civil war.

referendum should be what the biafrans should channel all their energy to, and not down the memory lane of war

Nigeria can only break like the soviet union which is through referedom. soviet union broke into more than twenty countries. Nigeria cannot divide into two. it will divide into minimum of five or even more if it break. The kind of Biafra with Niger delta oil as a trophy is not possible and will never happen. only the south south alone may form three countries. when the time comes you will know that everybody knows his right. the smallest state in South south which is bayelsa is four times that size of sigapore which is a country. every tribe with oil will go his own way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Talk2bryant(m): 8:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
atbu1983:

Nigeria can only break like the soviet union which is through referedom. soviet union broke into more than twenty countries. Nigeria cannot divide into two. it will divide into minimum of five or even more if it break. The kind of Biafra with Niger delta oil as a trophy is not possible and will never happen. only the south south alone may form three countries. when the time comes you will know that everybody knows his right. the smallest state in South south which is bayelsa is four times that size of sigapore which is a country. every tribe with oil will go his own way.

You have spoken well, but I love this country Nigeria, I pray it never splits

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Talk2bryant(m): 8:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
oluwalfa:
op you have said nothing
Noted
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Udmaster(m): 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
A refrendum for Biafra should be declared.
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Deltagiant: 8:50pm On Aug 08, 2015
Talk2bryant:

am spending my weekend at the office and after clearing my table,i decided to relax with some youtube videos, while watching all sorts of short clips of gangstar shootouts on brooklyn street, and other gun related deaths, my mind traveled to world war, and watched some clips.

in the middle of this, the thought of secession came to my mind, no day will go by without a thread talking about Biafra, and i was prompted to view how the biafra war was like. i came across this video (link below), and i was astonished by the detailed analysis of the war. it saddens my heart to see how people were displaced and lives were lost.
i see so many of our Igbo folks talking about secession and they even boast that they are battle ready, if you witness this kind of artillery attack for a split second, you will change your mind.

if the Igbo people wants to break out of this Country of ours, please lets thread the peaceful path

i pray for a United Country where equality and Justice is been served to its populace.

God bless Nigeria
God bless Nairaland
God bless us all

Interesting
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by SimpleVili: 9:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
Abeg oo!

Place your orders for long-lasting solar power banks. See my signature.
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by kernel501: 10:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
Talk2bryant:

God bless Nigeria
God bless Nairaland
God bless us all

I appreciate the maturity in your article. The more reason why they are taking it personal is because of the way mostly the West is antagonizing the East, example Oba's threat to Ndi Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by kernel501: 10:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
Elosky20:
Say no to cowardice !!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Talk2bryant(m): 11:09pm On Aug 08, 2015
kernel501:

I appreciate the maturity in your article. The more reason why they are taking it personal is because of the way mostly the West is antagonizing the East, example Oba's threat to Ndi Igbo.

Thanks I appreciate you too, I believe by now, we all should have broken the barriers of tribalism,ethnicity and religious differences. It's so unfortunate that we are still in this murky water, which has bedeviled our moving forward as a nation.

As a person, I don't have any issue with the president appointing his cabinet from one part of the country,although he should be fair and just, those people clamoring for appointments in their region, won't even smell an inch of the appointee even if the person lives in the same community with them.

I pray for a better Nigeria for all
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
atbu1983:

Wetin concern u concern who is biafra n who is not.

For ur info, the se have enuf oil to last dem 100 years, we dnt need shit from ss. Point is dat delta, ph, huge chunks of akwa ibom n calabar are igbos.

Open ur thick skull, biafra movement have always been a fight of independence by the old eastern region.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by mensdept: 12:14am On Aug 09, 2015
Talk2bryant:
God bless Nigeria
God bless Nairaland

God bless us all

I don't know how battle ready Igbo people or Easterners/"Biafrans" are, but I bet they are not. But I do know they are not happy with the scheme of things and are telling everyone what they said almost 50 years ago- that Nigeria itself is built on fraud and is a British creation designed to advance the children of Britain and the West. That is why they have and we do not, even after all the oil booms and allocations. See, Buhari emerged as President in this modern times, and people like it without using their peanut brains to reason.

The same recycling of quack leaders and the same results.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by SOUNDKING: 12:26am On Aug 09, 2015
Elosky20:
why are you disturbed? Since it is suicide movement why not relax,abi any body call you?abeg pack well,that people die from war woun't make people not fight for their freedom.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Omololu007(m): 12:35am On Aug 09, 2015
chuna1985:

Wetin concern u concern who is biafra n who is not.

For ur info, the se n ss have enuf oil to last dem 100 years, we dnt need shit from ss. Point is dat delta, ph, huge chunks of akwa ibom n calabar are igbos.

Open ur thick skull, biafra movement have always been a fight of independence by the old eastern region.
una go just open una mouth dey talk rubbish,,tell me three local govt area in which ibos are d majority in akwa ibom and cross river

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Mekus68: 2:13am On Aug 09, 2015
Talk2bryant:

Allies to supply Nigeria wepons n hardwares?
For another round of genocide?
Not in this modern world.

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHY THE U.S REFUSED, AND EVEN BLOCKED OTHER WESTERN COUNTRIES + ISREAL, FROM SELLING WEAPONS TO NIGERIA?
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Nobody: 2:16am On Aug 09, 2015
Omololu007:
una go just open una mouth dey talk rubbish,,tell me three local govt area in which ibos are d majority in akwa ibom and cross river

And y do u want 2 know? U yorubas need 2 start being more concerned about ur own region and stop obsessing over a region that don't even give a poo about you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by KanwuliaJara: 3:03am On Aug 09, 2015
No EASTERNERS to fight o! grin
Dem don fight BOKO HARAM finish?
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!

Abi you see any 'OJUKWU' for NIGERIA? cheesy
Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 09, 2015
Omololu007:

Ur s waste, and since u have never left ur home town since birth, hw d he'll will u know who is igbo n where they live.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 09, 2015
Talk2bryant:

Thanks I appreciate you too, I believe by now, we all should have broken the barriers of tribalism,ethnicity and religious differences. It's so unfortunate that we are still in this murky water, which has bedeviled our moving forward as a nation.

As a person, I don't have any issue with the president appointing his cabinet from one part of the country,although he should be fair and just, those people clamoring for appointments in their region, won't even smell an inch of the appointee even if the person lives in the same community with them.

I pray for a better Nigeria for all

We dnt need ur prayers cuz u kno nothing abt nigeria. Hw dare u say the president can make appointments from one part of the country

Daft individuals everywhere...I actually dnt view u as a nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Cannot Afford Another CIVIL WAR by Talk2bryant(m): 7:08am On Aug 09, 2015
chuna1985:

We dnt need ur prayers cuz u kno nothing abt nigeria. Hw dare u say the president can make appointments from one part of the country

Daft individuals everywhere...I actually dnt view u as a nigerian
It's sunday morning I don't throw hate words around. Go and sin no more

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Popular Names In Nairaland / Diepreye Alamesiyhga Died Of Cardiac Arrest .. channels TV / Rev Fr Ejike Mbaka , Rev Fr Emmanuel Obimma , Cross Over Night.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.