Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,229 members, 7,867,597 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:18 PM

Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out (1533 Views)

How Obasanjo Scuttled Tinubu’s Ambition Of Producing Buhari’s Finance Minister / NASS Crisis: How I Escaped Abduction — Saraki / Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by salterswan: 10:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
The die is yet to be cast in the crisis bedeviling the National Assembly as 2019 political ambitions have been attributed as the major factor which fuelling the simmering fracas, with a game plan being masked by big wigs within the All Progressives Congress, APC, portending further crisis ahead for the 8th National Assembly.

It can be recalled that prior to the 2015 general election which ushered President Muhammadu Buhari into office, there were speculations of an agreement reached with the APC leader Bola Ahmed Tinubu led faction of the party for a possible power shift to the S/West after Buhari’s first term in office.

Against this backdrop, there have been heightened plots to limit the political influence of the highly influential former Lagos Governor in order to quash any further plans to perfect a possible power shift to the S/West region in 2019.

In the build up to the National Assembly inauguration, there was strong opposition towards Tinubu’s preferred candidates as many opined they were being planted to accomplish his aims and aspirations.

This internal grumbling was able to divide its party members against its leadership, an action which gave birth to the “Like Minds Group” in the Senate and also a pro Dogara group in the House of Representatives. These groups were bent on going head to head with the party leaders, an action which stirred controversy on the floors of both Houses.

Following unresolved disagreements, on June 9, 2015, Senator Bukola Saraki and Honorable Yakubu Dogara in an unprecedented move went against their party’s decision to clinch the positions of the Senate President and the Speaker of the House of Representatives. An action which culminated in the virtual fiasco at the National Assembly.

Examining these events, the Chief Whip of the House of Representatives, Alhassan Ado Doguwa has explained that the primary motivation for members of the APC who went against the party was simply to map out their plans for the 2019 general election.

These actions were allegedly aimed at stemming the tide of the growing dominance of their party leader, who had favored Ahmed Lawan and Femi Gbajabiamila for the various positions.

Doguwa blasted Dogara for allowing himself to be influenced by political big wigs outside the APC, adding that his action instigated the rift. He stated that the much talked about independence of the judiciary was only a smokescreen to advance his ambition.

“Dogara was supported by factors external to the National Assembly even when they knew he was defying the position of the party but he continued”
“With due respect to the Honorable Speaker, I feel that his continued argument on the....http://www.post-nigeria.com/tinubus-ambition-caused-mass-crisis-chief-whip-lashes-out/
Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by dunkem21(m): 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
So, we ain't wrong after all ..

..Dem go soon change your title from Chief Whip to Chief Wailer grin
Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by Firefire(m): 10:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
“I want to tell you precisely that the cause of our own problem in the APC is nothing but the game plan which has already started regarding who becomes what in 2019. I have said it severally and I have maintained this position to say that the APC and our political party leaders, especially the stakeholders who have dragged the party into this mess, simply because of their selfish interest and their ambitions, are being unfair to our people". - Alhassan Ado Doguwa {Chief Whip of the House of Representatives}

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by nzeobi(m): 10:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
Why should a man's ambition cause so much trouble, I wail for the country

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by Vicadonis(m): 10:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
We know. You don't have to tell us.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by seunwen2(m): 10:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
Tinubu the king maker
Tinubu my political motivator
Tinubu the irunmole of Lagos Land
Tinubu the ifa of the ambitious small small politicians
Tinubu my god father

Chief whip abeg sidon go one corner jerey

I'M Oloye

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by DuchessLily(f): 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
Politics is Craazzyyy
Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by jammani(m): 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by vikyno(m): 10:25pm On Aug 08, 2015
If APC had been in PDP shoe to have ruled this Country for 16 years, Somalia and Iraq would have been a better place to live than this Zoo republic.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by kernel501: 10:26pm On Aug 08, 2015
nzeobi:
Why should a man's ambition cause so much trouble, I wail for the country

If is not a man's ambition, then is a cow's ambition.
Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2015
Tinubu has been turned into a deity! grin grin

Anytime PDP stumble, na TINUBU. We should start making offering on the Tinubu altar to appease the god of politico! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by dayo23(f): 10:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
Tinubu has been turned into a deity! grin grin
Anytime PDP stumble, na TINUBU. We should start making offering on the Tinubu altar to appease the god of politico! grin grin
I tire ooo my brother, Tinubu dey him house jeje dey enjoy life, some lowlifers no dey let us rest here with Tinubu this Tinubu that! Bunch of foo0ls

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by dayo23(f): 10:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
seunwen2:
Tinubu the king maker
Tinubu my god father

I'M Oloye
send me your mail, very soon I wil contact u. You are absolutely on point

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by cccxxiii: 3:51am On Aug 09, 2015
JAGABAN The Slayer!

Its perfectly okay for losers to blame another person for their misfortune. That is Exactly what the chief whip has done. Asiwaju is not a Senator!

Tomorrow when he can't impregnate his wife, he will blame it on Tinubu. Tinubu this, Tinubu that!.

It is on record that no former governor/senator exerts this amount of influence in our political hemisphere. These wailers are just jealous of Asiwaju's credentials and growing influence.

2. Asiwaju has no political ambition whatsoever.

He is a former Senator and a former Governor and he is contented. His ambition is to see to the growth and entrenchment of democracy in our clime.

Trust the enemies of democracy will scuttle this with the last drop of blood in them.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by Realisticman: 5:54am On Aug 09, 2015
May be Tinubu also forged the Senate house rules. Why are these 'BIG' men behaving silly sometimes? Everyone has an ambition; so it is not a sin if Tinubu has one.
Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by frankyychiji(f): 9:09am On Aug 09, 2015
seunwen2:
Tinubu the king maker
Tinubu my god father

I'M Oloye
Oloye Wailer! How market?
Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by bigerboy200: 9:24am On Aug 09, 2015
Nonsense...
Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by abu12: 9:47am On Aug 09, 2015
[size=15pt]the chief whip is talking about dogara and not tinubu [/size]
Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by PRYCE(m): 9:55am On Aug 09, 2015
Tibunu
Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by apcpdpallscam(f): 10:01am On Aug 09, 2015
Greedy thieves.apc,pdp all na scam."transformationalchange"agents
Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by quixotic: 10:09am On Aug 09, 2015
misleading headline. Doguwa did not mention tinubu. I do not understand the joy people derive in misleading others.
Re: Tinubu’s Ambition Caused NASS Crisis, Chief Whip Lashes Out by Ola17: 10:10am On Aug 09, 2015
This bickering is getting so irritating.
Tinubu this, Saraki that. Is that what you guys where elected to do? bickering like petty traders. This APC style don tire me abeg.

(1) (Reply)

No Corrupt Person Will Get Away, Buhari Assures Nigerians / President Buhari Plans To Reduce Tertiary School Fees / [photos] Mad Woman Gives Birth In Ebute Metta Street, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.