Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,735 members, 7,851,527 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:34 PM

Former Governor Of Central Bank Of Nigeria (CBN), Professor Chukwuma Soludo, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Governor Of Central Bank Of Nigeria (CBN), Professor Chukwuma Soludo, (914 Views)

New Photo & Look Of Celestine Omehia, Former Governor Of Rivers State / Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja / Ezeugo Darlington Chukwuma, Soldier Killed By Boko Haram Insurgent In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Governor Of Central Bank Of Nigeria (CBN), Professor Chukwuma Soludo, by UbaniNewman(m): 6:32am On Aug 09, 2015
Former governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Professor Chukwuma Soludo, has said that the Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, has the capacity and all it takes to reposition Abia and make Igboland great again.

Prof Soludo said this when he played host to Dr. Ikpeazu at his Enugu residence, yesterday.

Soludo promised to visit the south-east state soon, after listening to the Governor, describing Ikpeazu as a man with clarity of vision, who has done thorough diagnosis of the Abia problem. he expressed optimism that Ikpeazu will reposition the state.

“I’ve not been to Aba in the last 20 years but, after listening to you, I have decided to visit there very soon. Abia is surely at the heart of rescuing Igboland and it will be my pleasure to always brainstorm with you to ensure this happens.

“I’ve seen the potentials and I will do anything you want me to do to help you succeed in Abia. Aba is a very important town to every Ndi-Igbo, because there is no Igbo family that does not have a link with Aba. I commend you.

“You have the clarity of vision. And you’ve also done a thorough diagnosis of the Abia problem. That alone tells me you have the capacity to reposition Abia and make Igboland great again. You will surely fill the vacuum,” Soludo enthused.

Speaking, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu said repositioning Abia is a task that “we must accomplish, God helping us, and we need the support and partnership of people like you to drive our vision. I thank you for your kind words and willingness to partner us in our resolve to reposition Abia.”

Dr. Ikpeazu disclosed that the present state of Aba, the commercial town of our people, which is almost comatose, is part of the reasons the economy of Abia, Ndi-Igbo and Nigeria is always on the downward slope, assuring that all will be history after May 29. “We are prepared to hit the ground running.”

He appealed to the former CBN boss to leave his doors always open for the state, as all hands must be on deck for his administration to make Aba work again.

“We believe that if you get Aba right, Abia will be right and we are determined to make the state the No. 1 in the committee of states in this country,” Ikpeazu said.

1 Share

Re: Former Governor Of Central Bank Of Nigeria (CBN), Professor Chukwuma Soludo, by sluk(m): 6:34am On Aug 09, 2015
K
Re: Former Governor Of Central Bank Of Nigeria (CBN), Professor Chukwuma Soludo, by segzyj(m): 6:38am On Aug 09, 2015
Because they are allies
Re: Former Governor Of Central Bank Of Nigeria (CBN), Professor Chukwuma Soludo, by pyyxxaro: 6:46am On Aug 09, 2015
Abeegii

Make I go buy fuel for Arsenal match tongue

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola's Aide Arrested Over Girlfriend's Death / Where Merit Is Not A Prerequisite, Northerners Are Deemed Competent / Abia Tribunal: Update Of 1st September 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.