Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

UK Colonialism Alive And Well In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Colonialism Alive And Well In Africa (474 Views)

Buhari Is Alive And Nigerians Are Angry – Dele Momodu / Chibok Girls Alive And Kicking, Says Boko Haram’s Contact - TVC NEWS [ABUJA] / Bin Laden Is “alive And Well”, Says Edward Snowden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UK Colonialism Alive And Well In Africa by pelezico: 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2015
My mum happened to go to a bank in the UK where she has lived for the last 50 years when she was asked by the bank clerk to declare all her assets in Nigeria for Inheritance tax purposes. My mum obviously agast andcould not believe what she had jsut asked her. Amongst other things my mum told her (gave her a resounding telling off) she asked of what business is that of the UK Government. She said for inheritance tax purposes when you die. My mum flipped and told her "you'll die before me". Anyway my mum did the obvious and ignored her request.

So the point of this is that if we as Nigerians have an Inheritance in Nigeria the UK government is saying they have right to it for tax purposes. This is blantant Colonialism and I hope that the Nigerian government does not sign any agreement with the UK for so-called money laundering or evasion of tax purposes which is really a disguise to acquire property that is outside of their jurisdiction.

So in a nut shell UK and US citizens are being told your stake in Nigeria belongs in part to us also

What say you Nigerins.
Re: UK Colonialism Alive And Well In Africa by SeXistBaStaRd(m): 2:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Live On Channels TV (rubbin' Minds) Discussing Buhari, Etc / The Assumption Of Mary / President Directs NNPC To Work With Indigenous Companies In Oil & Gas Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.