Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,297 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Is It Possible To Recover Stolen Laptops? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is It Possible To Recover Stolen Laptops? (1028 Views)

We Recover your data from damaged, corrupted and formatted data storage devices / Stolen Laptop,surface Tablet,a Child Pad- 20,000 Ransome For Who Finds It For Me / How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Recover Stolen Laptops? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
My hubby's laptop,my Daughter's and a camera was stolen in Ajah,Lagos,this morning.Hubby's research in the laptop and camera.
Re: Is It Possible To Recover Stolen Laptops? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2015
pls,anyone with useful info,pls help me out
Re: Is It Possible To Recover Stolen Laptops? by DeHero1: 3:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
Another case of robbery.

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Is It Possible To Recover Stolen Laptops? by Fulaman198(m): 5:27pm On Aug 09, 2015
It is, if you enable tracking on it from the start. Intel used to have a means of tracing your device if you had an Intel chip. It was called IntelĀ® anti-theft. However, that service was disabled in January of 2015. There are still other means of tracking a stolen computer. You have to research them though.
Re: Is It Possible To Recover Stolen Laptops? by GuiltySpark343(m): 5:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
Fulaman198:
It is, if you enable tracking on it from the start. Intel used to have a means of tracing your device if you had an Intel chip. It was called IntelĀ® anti-theft. However, that service was disabled in January of 2015. There are still other means of tracking a stolen computer. You have to research them though.

This is just plain wickedness or a wild goes chase... honey try recovering a stolen phone first, talkless of laptop, just suck it up and move on with your loss
Re: Is It Possible To Recover Stolen Laptops? by Fulaman198(m): 6:57pm On Aug 09, 2015
GuiltySpark343:

This is just plain wickedness or a wild goes chase... honey try recovering a stolen phone first, talkless of laptop, just suck it up and move on with your loss

I think you quoted the wrong person bros
Re: Is It Possible To Recover Stolen Laptops? by Fulaman198(m): 7:14pm On Aug 09, 2015
For future purposes, you can use this or something similar: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/windows-location-tracker-trial-edition/9wzdncrddf59

However, it doesn't mean the useless police will do anything about it.
Re: Is It Possible To Recover Stolen Laptops? by Lexusgs430: 9:12pm On Aug 09, 2015
If only you installed a program called PREY, before the theft occurred, then their might have been a chance @ recovery.
Re: Is It Possible To Recover Stolen Laptops? by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 10, 2015
Thanks everyone,trying to deal with the loss and just let go.
Re: Is It Possible To Recover Stolen Laptops? by Greatzeus(m): 12:57am On Aug 12, 2015
Some guys above me just wanna prove to themselves not me that they are tech savy,but ended up doing the opposite. Intel Anti theft \ Prey seriously? so even if she had these on her Pc, it will be magnetizing her to where the laptop is? no wonder it was discontinued? not that it cant work but it will have to depend on many other factors for it to be effective eg Gps, internet, can it be uninstalled if yes,then its another pitfall cos the thief will just uninstall them,case closed.
Re: Is It Possible To Recover Stolen Laptops? by Lexusgs430: 1:01am On Aug 12, 2015
Greatzeus:
Some guys above me just wanna prove to themselves not me that they are tech savy,but ended up doing the opposite. Intel Anti theft \ Prey seriously? so even if she had these on her Pc, it will be magnetizing her to where the laptop is? no wonder it was discontinued? not that it cant work but it will have to depend on many other factors for it to be effective eg Gps, internet, can it be uninstalled if yes,then its another pitfall cos the thief will just uninstall them,case closed.

Read my post correctly, I stated their might be a chance of recovery.
I have known people retrieve thier stolen laptops, through prey!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Recover Stolen Laptops? by Decibel: 2:18am On Aug 12, 2015
@Augusbreak, don't they have cloud storage(Online Drive) where their document can be stored in the case like this? So sorry for the loss. Please encourage them to make use of online drives such as GoogleDrive, OneDrive, DropBox, SurDoc etc for storing their files which get synchronised as they connects to internet and be retrieved easily from another PC in a different locations. All enterprise apps built for my clients are cloud-backed.
Re: Is It Possible To Recover Stolen Laptops? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
Thank u Decibel.most of the files has been rcovered through micrrosoft.Fortunately,the robbers have been caught today trying to break into another person's house this afternoon.They confessed that all our items are in their possesion as they were hoping to steal more before sale
Re: Is It Possible To Recover Stolen Laptops? by Decibel: 10:24pm On Aug 20, 2015
@Augustbreak, that's a goodnews that the robbers have been apprehended. Thank God for that. Remember to encourage them to also make use of Online storage incase...

(1) (Reply)

U.S Clean Microsoft Surface RT 43k(pics) / Used Hp G42 For Sale Or Swap / HP Compaq Core2duo 2.10ghz Processor Speed.working OK 28k Last Surulere Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.