Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Petition: Aregbesola Reacts, Calls Judge Liar, Incompetent - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petition: Aregbesola Reacts, Calls Judge Liar, Incompetent (666 Views)

"Jonathan Was Not Weak Or Incompetent" - FFK Replies Nnamdi Kanu / Nnamdi Kanu: Goodluck Jonathan Was A Weak & Incompetent President" / 9 Buhari's Ministers that Nigerians think Are 'incompetent' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petition: Aregbesola Reacts, Calls Judge Liar, Incompetent by lolaxavier(m): 11:15pm On Aug 09, 2015
Osogbo — Governor Rauf Aregbesola has described Justice Folahanmi Oloyede ,who petitioned the state House of Assembly to investigate him and his deputy, Mrs Titilayo Laoye-Tomori for alleged mismanagement of the state resources as a blatant liar and an incompetent judge.

The seven-man investigative panel set up by the House to investigate the petition have since dismissed it for lack of merit and also recommended the judge to the State Judicial Council, SJC, and the National Judicial Commission, NJC, for sanction.

But a human rights activist in the state and Chairman, Civil Societies Coalition for the Emancipation of Osun State CSCEO, Comrade Adeniyi Alimi Sulaiman has urged the women activists in Nigeria to rise up in defence of Justice Oloyede, whom he described as a courageous woman judge.

Aregbesola had at the 50th birthday party organised by the speaker of the state Assembly, Hon. Najeem Salaam, taken a swipe at the Judge, saying she has lost her integrity in the judiciary.

His words: “It is time for me to speak on the petition written by one of the judges in the state. I want to say that there was no basis for the petition. Its all lies. She is a judge that doesn’t know herself as judge. You can only see a judge and they are not to be heard. She (Oloyede) doesn’t have any substance in the petition. She lied against me.

“Newsmen should have checked the financial statement of the allocation before writing their stories. Most of them want me out of office but I will triumph. If I had collected N538 billion as alleged, Osun would have turned to Dubai. I am happy Buhari went to USA and it was said that one million barrels of crude oil are being stolen everyday.

“Is there any country that would lose such every day that won’t suffer economic hardship? God will open economic doors to Osun soon. I was accused of not living in the state. I was perturbed by this report but the weekly executive meeting register proved them wrong.

“I have never gone on leave since November 2010 that I came into government. There is no truth in judge’s petition. I will tell my side of the story bit by bit. I am confident that before the end of the month the hard time will start to ease in the state,” the governor added.

Rep commends Assembly’s decision
In another development, a member of the House of Representatives in the 7th Assembly representing Ife Federal Constituency, Mr Rotimi Makinde, has hailed the verdict of the Osun State House of Assembly to dismiss the petition of Justice Folahanmi Oloyede against Governor Aregbesola.

In a statement issued yesterday in Lagos, Makinde said the ruling of the assembly has shown that falsehood and deceit can never defeat truth, adding that Osun State can now move on after the cacophony of lies by Justice Oloyede.

PDP hails planned parley
Meantime, the Osun State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has commended Governor Rauf Aregbesola for heeding its call for Stakeholders Summit to solve the myriads of problems confronting the state, but denounced what it called unserious parley being called.

Speaking on behalf of the party, Prince Diran Odeyemi, the Director of Media and Strategy said; “This is not the kind of stakeholders meeting we asked him to call, hiding behind federal and state legislatures to convene the stakeholders meeting is deceitful and evidence of lack of seriousness by Ogbeni Aregbesola.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/petition-aregbesola-reacts-calls-judge-liar-incompetent/

Re: Petition: Aregbesola Reacts, Calls Judge Liar, Incompetent by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Petition: Aregbesola Reacts, Calls Judge Liar, Incompetent by megamank(m): 11:17pm On Aug 09, 2015
This is how it always go in Nigeria
.......how I wish I was an American or even a Togolese
Re: Petition: Aregbesola Reacts, Calls Judge Liar, Incompetent by lolaxavier(m): 11:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
Only in Nigeria...
Re: Petition: Aregbesola Reacts, Calls Judge Liar, Incompetent by INTROVERT(f): 11:24pm On Aug 09, 2015
ogbeni.
Re: Petition: Aregbesola Reacts, Calls Judge Liar, Incompetent by Solowande(m): 11:29pm On Aug 09, 2015
C who dey call person incompetent?
Re: Petition: Aregbesola Reacts, Calls Judge Liar, Incompetent by SimpleVili: 11:56pm On Aug 09, 2015
Aregbesola should calm down

Place your orders for long-lasting solar power banks. See my signature.
Re: Petition: Aregbesola Reacts, Calls Judge Liar, Incompetent by fitzmayowa: 1:26am On Aug 10, 2015
Solowande:
C who dey call person incompetent?

I tire ooo, when he(Aregbese) is the definition of incompetence...SMH
Re: Petition: Aregbesola Reacts, Calls Judge Liar, Incompetent by fitzmayowa: 1:31am On Aug 10, 2015

The seven-man investigative panel set up by the House to investigate the petition have since dismissed it for lack of merit and also recommended the judge to the State Judicial Council, SJC, and the National Judicial Commission, NJC, for sanction.

The outcome of the investigation by members of the house was expected, with all of them in the pocket of the governor...SMH
Re: Petition: Aregbesola Reacts, Calls Judge Liar, Incompetent by cornoil(m): 1:31am On Aug 10, 2015
Re: Petition: Aregbesola Reacts, Calls Judge Liar, Incompetent by lolaxavier(m): 5:32am On Aug 10, 2015
Chaiii...

Re: Petition: Aregbesola Reacts, Calls Judge Liar, Incompetent by lolaxavier(m): 5:58am On Aug 10, 2015
megamank:
This is how it always go in Nigeria
.......how I wish I was an American or even a Togolese

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Needs Tinubu More Than Tinubu Needs Him! - Abiola / How Igbos And Yorubas Can Live In Peace By Azuka Onwuka / Nigerians Would Support Bokoharam If They Targeted Corrupt Politicians Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.