Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Breaking!! Economic Disaster, Banks Limit ATM POS To $300 Daily!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking!! Economic Disaster, Banks Limit ATM POS To $300 Daily!! (1586 Views)

Breaking!! Economic Shutdown As Crude Drops To 800,000 Barrels/Day!! / I Didn’t Receive $300,000 From Dasuki, Only Suvs – Buhari / ECONOMIC DISASTER!! Nigeria Kicked Out Of Bond Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking!! Economic Disaster, Banks Limit ATM POS To $300 Daily!! by citizenisb: 11:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
Nigerian Banks are now rejecting dollar transfers from Naira ATM cards of more than $300 per day.

Prior to today, the CBN only placed restrictions only on dollar withdrawals from debit cards to just $300 daily.

However, online transactions such as buying things online or paying for services online had a dollar (or any foreign currency transaction) limit that translates to not more than N3million daily.

Banks have now jettisoned this policy and will no longer effect online payments that exceed $300 daily.

Therefore. POS/ecommerce transactions now have a spending limit of on your naira debit card of $300 per day (and no longer equivalent of N3million).

In addition to this, if you use that same debit card for foreign transactions it limits your daily naira withdrawal to N60,000 per day.

To however still be able to withdraw as much as N150,000 per day, you will have to own a separate Naira Debit Card.

Reports reaching Nairametrics suggest most banks have started implementing this policy frustrating transactions.

For example, people who need to pay for renewals or new services now have a limit placed on how much they can pay per day.

The CB is yet to issue an official directive as regards this new moves.

http://nairametrics.com/boom-banks-rejects-payments-for-online-transactions-exceeding-300-per-day/
Re: Breaking!! Economic Disaster, Banks Limit ATM POS To $300 Daily!! by SimpleVili: 11:54pm On Aug 09, 2015
A step in the right direction

Place your orders for long-lasting solar power banks. See my signature.

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Economic Disaster, Banks Limit ATM POS To $300 Daily!! by jaymejate: 11:56pm On Aug 09, 2015
What!!! Nonsense.

I'm going back to the oldies, gonna have a pit to bury my money
Re: Breaking!! Economic Disaster, Banks Limit ATM POS To $300 Daily!! by Ahzyz(m): 12:02am On Aug 10, 2015
jaymejate:
What!!! Nonsense.

jaymejate:
What!!! Nonsense.

jaymejate:
What!!! Nonsense.

Re: Breaking!! Economic Disaster, Banks Limit ATM POS To $300 Daily!! by citizenisb: 12:04am On Aug 10, 2015
Re: Breaking!! Economic Disaster, Banks Limit ATM POS To $300 Daily!! by odinese(m): 12:12am On Aug 10, 2015
Re: Breaking!! Economic Disaster, Banks Limit ATM POS To $300 Daily!! by figoperch: 12:18am On Aug 10, 2015
W
Re: Breaking!! Economic Disaster, Banks Limit ATM POS To $300 Daily!! by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 10, 2015
E don happen
Re: Breaking!! Economic Disaster, Banks Limit ATM POS To $300 Daily!! by Cpumping(m): 1:12am On Aug 10, 2015
This is rilly bad,
Are we soon going to b like Greece? Like d poster above, burying of money na him sure pass.
Pre May 29th: PMB sd he wd hit d ground running, instead he hit the air flying.
I v just tire for dis country, God shd come already.
Re: Breaking!! Economic Disaster, Banks Limit ATM POS To $300 Daily!! by bewla(m): 1:59am On Aug 10, 2015
things will turn around slowly
Re: Breaking!! Economic Disaster, Banks Limit ATM POS To $300 Daily!! by Nobody: 3:34am On Aug 10, 2015
No nation will behave like Nigeria and Nigerians and expect prosperity for its people.

Dollar is spent like it is sand in this country. Some rents and school fees are paid with dollar cash. People order what they don't need online from the proceeds of crime. We have become a country of 'placing orders and spending dollars'. The Naira has taken a free fall in the face of these excesses and it is time we restore it to its rightful place or we shall end up like Zimbabwe, one day.
Re: Breaking!! Economic Disaster, Banks Limit ATM POS To $300 Daily!! by Nobody: 3:34am On Aug 10, 2015
No nation will behave like Nigeria and Nigerians and expect prosperity for its people.

Dollar is spent like it is sand in this country. Some rents and school fees are paid with dollar cash. People order what they don't need online from the proceeds of crime. We have become a country of 'placing orders and spending dollars'. The Naira has taken a free fall in the face of these excesses and it is time we restore it to its rightful place or we shall end up like Zimbabwe, one day. Any measure to do that is welcome.
Re: Breaking!! Economic Disaster, Banks Limit ATM POS To $300 Daily!! by kennyman2000(m): 4:34am On Aug 10, 2015
Hmmmm... The matter tire person ooo.

But, as Nigerians sha.. There's always be a way..

Boys are already working on the alternatives..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband.
Re: Breaking!! Economic Disaster, Banks Limit ATM POS To $300 Daily!! by Flets: 4:50am On Aug 10, 2015
What is Buhari's economic direction?..... that is the key question without an answer.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!! Economic Disaster, Banks Limit ATM POS To $300 Daily!! by citizenisb: 9:26am On Aug 10, 2015
I thought we were told that the banks were awash with dollars. Who is lying?

(1) (Reply)

Explain How You Spent N9.6b Bailout Fund, Group Tasks Fayose / Meet President Buhari's Official Photographer (photo) / Ambode Reacts To The Economist. Blasts Fashola Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.