Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,461 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Look Beyond School! Develop Your Talent - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Look Beyond School! Develop Your Talent (788 Views)

The Need For Nigerians To Look Beyond Higher Education Certificates / Article: Beyond School Certificate (BSC) / Admission Seekers! Look Beyond The Top Federal Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Look Beyond School! Develop Your Talent by menzo4u: 12:55am On Aug 10, 2015
My Talent, My Gift

Talent means different thing to different people, to some, it is mere gift, while others see it as an ordinary “luck”.

But, what is Talent?

Talent is that natural gift or ability that you
possess that differentiates you from others. It is unique and special. No one is born without one talent or the other, but it is indeed unfortunate that many of us have this rich talent, but we fail to discover it. While some of us who have discovered it has simply failed to develop it.

Now, the question to ask is this:
What talent do you have? What is that thing that you think you always feel like doing and when you do it, people applaud you for it?

Running can be your talent, who knows; you can become the Usain Bolt of tomorrow. The record he has set as far as athletics is concerned, even 10 years from now, I doubt any athlete can break it. He has achieved these feet because he discovered his talent and developed it.

Dancing may be what you love, who knows, you can become the Kaffy of tomorrow, where she has reached in her life, even that PhD Holder who has failed to discover his/her talent has not achieved that feet.

Football may be your talent, who knows; you can become the Mikel Obi of your family tomorrow and make your family proud like Papilo.

Fighting can also be your talent, just don’t use it in a negative way, embark on boxing training, who knows, you can become the May Weather of your own generation.

Now, we must not fail to understand that discovering our talent is a “big deal”. Many have this talent, but not many have that vision and ability to discover it.

So, the question is, what can you do to discover your talent?

Follow this step:
*Ask your family members ---- Ask Daddy (Mummy), what do you think I know how to do best?

*Ask your friends ------ They know you more than you think, in life, you definitely can’t see your back, it is someone else that will see it. Ask them the same question; tell them to tell you the TRUTH.

*Ask yourself ------ What do I just like doing best, even if no one will pay me for it.

I know you want to read, you want to have a distinction, PLEASE, don’t jeopardize your talent all in the name of reading. Strategize your schedule, don’t spend all the hours of your day solving Mathematics or reading all books, create time to develop your talent.

Your talent is the only asset that can separate you from the crowd.

Just imagine, you study hard in school just to have good grades and get the best certificate in Accounting, Business Administration, Mass Communication.e.t.c. When you graduate, there are thousands of people who have that same academic skill you possess (no difference), as result, the number of job applicants is more than available job.

Why don’t you differentiate yourself? Discover your talent, develop it and see yourself become an employer rather than an employee.

Lastly, this is not to create the impression that you should not study hard to make good grade in school, but don’t do it at the expense of your talent.

“your talent is God’s gift to you, what you do with it is your gift to back to God”. ---- Leo Buscaglia

………don’t waste your talent……

Are you having problems discovering or developing your talent? Ask me, let’s share Ideas.

SOURCE: menzo4u (Genius)

[url]facebook.com/geniusgrouponline[/url]
Please if you are copying this content to your blog or for other personal publishing, kindly remeber to credit the Genius Group.

1 Like

Re: Look Beyond School! Develop Your Talent by menzo4u: 12:59am On Aug 10, 2015
The time is now
Re: Look Beyond School! Develop Your Talent by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 10, 2015
well said
Re: Look Beyond School! Develop Your Talent by lovemaths(f): 6:21am On Aug 10, 2015
Crocheting is one of my talents. cool

Re: Look Beyond School! Develop Your Talent by menzo4u: 6:55am On Aug 10, 2015
lovemaths:
Crocheting is one of my talents. cool
Good one dear, never stop developing it
Re: Look Beyond School! Develop Your Talent by menzo4u: 7:44am On Aug 10, 2015
Cc: dearpreye, bare1, adamat7

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look Beyond School! Develop Your Talent by menzo4u: 5:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
Share your thought
Re: Look Beyond School! Develop Your Talent by Peaches90(f): 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
At college bound consults, we provide university placement opportunities and secure scholarships for individuals seeking admission into colleges and universities here in the U.S for their undergraduate and postgraduate courses. We help students get scholarship opportunities and SEVIS fee payment (which cannot be paid from Nigeria).
We provide insightful, current information focused on your individual needs by helping you find those colleges that fit educationally, personally and financially and create a plan for their educational achievement.

We take care of all the processing needs and ensure our students enjoy stress-free application and placement into their desired institutions in the United States. We have partnered with several U.S universities and as such, we've been able to help many Nigerians achieve their dreams of getting their education in the United States by helping them become better positioned for admission into U.S colleges/universities to fit their unique needs and aspirations, navigate through the application and scholarship opportunities process and decide which college offer is in their best interests.

Kindly visit our website http://www.collegeboundconsults.com/ or call +1 862-234-0256, +1 956-254-0372 for more information about our services.
Re: Look Beyond School! Develop Your Talent by menzo4u: 8:39pm On Aug 10, 2015
@peaches90, is that your contribution to this thread?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: WAEC Releases Results, Withheld 13 Indebted States / Conflicts Between Supply Chain, Value Chain And Production (my View). / AAUA,OAU,UNILAG, TASUED Others Merit List 2015/2016 Now On Jamb Admission Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.