Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,861 members, 7,956,242 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:25 AM

Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports (20145 Views)

Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam / Anambra Agricultural Exports At Lagos Airport- Pictures / Anambra Exports Vegetables To The US And Europe - Snapshot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by Captainswag225(m): 2:23am On Aug 15, 2015
Cooljoe1:

cool cool chilling in Sambisa...itz cool down here,care to join?
yeah am coming to take u for a nice long flyt.... Describe ur self so i identify u.
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by Cooljoe1(m): 2:30am On Aug 15, 2015
Captainswag225:
yeah am coming to take u for a nice long flyt.... Describe ur self so i identify u.
undecided undecidedashawo no pay so i no dey do am again,i cover my bombom with the blood of Jesus grin
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by ghananotnaija(m): 3:36am On Aug 15, 2015
Ghana triumphs over Nigeria, as always. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by persius555(m): 3:42am On Aug 15, 2015
Sweetguy25:
What a terrible shame. Anyway, you can't mess with the Japs. They're 1 million years ahead of us in all positive areas of human endeavor.
We should ask what variety they are producing and is it organically grown or genetically modified.
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by iamord(m): 3:58am On Aug 15, 2015
persius555:
We should ask what variety they are producing and is it organically grown or genetically modified.
Ghana does not plant genetically modified crops. It should definitely proper research in tubers. And mechanization. Look at the bananas u get in lagos. They are so small. Like they were harvested before full growth or something.. Such can't make it to the European or Asian market

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by bellotaofeek: 5:06am On Aug 15, 2015
Farmers in the North East are having problems producing sue to the insurgency.....thats one of the constraints. we are getting back soon. By the way what's the population of Ghana and their land mass? shocked

1 Like

Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by bellotaofeek: 5:07am On Aug 15, 2015
Farmers in the North East are having problems producing due to the insurgency.....thats one of the constraints. we are getting back soon. By the way what's the population of Ghana and their land mass? shocked
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by Nobody: 5:09am On Aug 15, 2015
If not for the make we sit down wait for niger delta oil why should countries like ghana and japan over take us in yam exportation...until we get it right in this country for each region to make and harness best use of its resources we will keep retrogressing until countries like malta would be doing better than us..rubbish..

2 Likes

Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by mickey45: 5:51am On Aug 15, 2015
INTROVERT:
This is an opportunity am seeing...

Yes it is for a country with a robust quality certification and exporting infrastructure in place but no! We don't.

There lies NIIT's problem
The Commercial bottlenecks."
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by adehabproperties(m): 6:14am On Aug 15, 2015
That is the result of our mono economy of over reliance on oil and abandoning agriculture
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 15, 2015
IzonOwei:
If not for the make we sit down wait for niger delta oil why should countries like ghana and japan over take us in yam exportation...until we get it right in this country for each region to make and harness best use of its resources we will keep retrogressing until countries like malta would be doing better than us..rubbish..

Blame the confused and divided the ND for this rape on their resources. No other sensible people will allow their resources to be wasted this way.

No nation will ever progress running a unitary system in a multicultural society.
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 15, 2015
Really?
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by Swaggzkid: 7:39am On Aug 15, 2015
Imagine, after someone will come on and tell me about change and all sort of poo* I pity nigerians and Nigeria as a whole,

You guys better wise up and do something about this so call change coz this change am seeing is belligerent.

A stitch in time saves nine!
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by Querty(m): 7:45am On Aug 15, 2015
plsee oo, we need d former minister of agriculture bak ooo..
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by jerrymej(m): 7:45am On Aug 15, 2015
Well, no much concern, hence am still eating pounded yam, porridge, fried yam, yam flavor and the rest made of yam. LOL!

But come to think of it, the export ones from Nigeria all those while, is the money been paid to my account or have I gain any thing in return Why should I so much bordered of it if Japan and Ghana is leading in the exporting raise?

Thank God I still have enough of it to eat... Mehn let me fried some this money sef.
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by vaca1: 7:52am On Aug 15, 2015
ibe9ja:
So yam thread make front page, as in ordinary yam? Or is yam an acronym of a political term?

you find this funny. please this is very serious. Nigerians spend too much time on the internet instead of channeling their energy to something better.
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 15, 2015
dearpreye:

Blame the confused and divided the ND for this rape on their resources. No other sensible people will allow their resources to be wasted this way.

No nation will ever progress running a unitary system in a multicultural society.
I have always blamed our own peeps preye..always..because of some few change of money we sell of our birth right..its silly..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by CuteMaro(m): 8:19am On Aug 15, 2015
wellmax:
Has PDP/GEJ taken credit for this yet?
The Wailers/Credit Givers Association should hurry up and give GEJ the credit for this na...
I cum even taya to wait sef.
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by 360command: 9:38am On Aug 15, 2015
This news is stupid. Ghana yam wey dey spoil anyhow. Yam no fit last more than 4days
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by Pavore9: 9:50am On Aug 15, 2015
bellotaofeek:
Farmers in the North East are having problems producing due to the insurgency.....thats one of the constraints. we are getting back soon. By the way what's the population of Ghana and their land mass? shocked

Agriculture today is no longer tied to land size but innovative Knowledge. Israel which is around the size of Cross-River State, is the go to Country when it comes to Agriculture. l have visited farms where one tonne of Strawberry is harvested monthly from a space of 24ft by 90ft, which is not up to half plot of land.

1 Like

Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by zoe123: 10:22am On Aug 15, 2015
Clone2020:
Angola overtook us in being the biggest producers of crude oil in Africa, Malaysia took our palm nuts and became the biggest producers of palm oil before being surpassed by Indonesia in 2006, and now Ghana and Japan have overtaken us as the biggest exporters of yam. SMH, just pitiful...

Someone opened a thread few days ago on what is being produced in various states in Nigeria,Kids on nairaland tribalised the whole thing.Let's continue playing tribal and hate e-games while other nations keep over taking us on what we should be kings at.
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by porigho: 10:42am On Aug 15, 2015
Gaddafi once said Nigeria is big for nothing

2 Likes

Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 15, 2015
What is wrong with Nigerians allowing Ghanaians to lead them in quality of yam production? That is a big shame to see Charlies doing better than them.
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by okonkwo44: 12:35pm On Aug 15, 2015
Sweetguy25:
What a terrible shame. Anyway, you can't mess with the Japs. They're 1 million years ahead of us in all positive areas of human endeavor.
That's not the point,mind you japs dnt have favourable climate and edaphic factors for yam cultivation, and they stil overtake Nigeria which is haven 4 most tuber crops. Nigeria is regressing, the govt that would have make a change have been overthrowned. I pray this present administration would do better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 15, 2015
IzonOwei:
I have always blamed our own peeps preye..always..because of some few change of money we sell of our birth right..its silly..

The consciousness is still very low. As we try to educate the few we come in contact with, and show them the bigger scam in the system, that knowledge will fire them up. Information is money.
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
dearpreye:

The consciousness is still very low. As we try to educate the few we come in contact with, and show them the bigger scam in the system, that knowledge will fire them up. Information is money.
thats true..many need to know these important truths so that we start thinking well collectively...
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2015
IzonOwei:
thats true..many need to know these important truths so that we start thinking well collectively...

Hosea 4:6
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by Agroinfotech: 1:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
All the yam farmers in the north are now Okada farmers and gate guards in the southwest. NYSC camps should be turned to farm settlements!
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by Alfranco(m): 7:39pm On Aug 15, 2015
Pavore9:

It should rather be, what are Nigerians doing to put Nigeria back into the number one position?

Nigeria may rightly not be No.1 exporter of yam but I don't think any other country, for now, produce it as much as Nigeria. We are more concerned with our domestic market distribution of it than exporting. No country in the world rival Nigeria's local consumption of yam.
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by iamord(m): 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
IzonOwei:
Nigerians should stop beefing other nations for their hard work. It's not like Nigeria is being robbed of its rightful share. As the saying goes aiye po gan! There is enough space and market for everyone. Do your own make I do my own. BTW. No one will argue that Nigeria has not had a fair share of revenue from its resources like crude, of which a lot of the African countries that did not have as at then and did not complain. So what's the fuss about?
Re: Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports by iamord(m): 1:31pm On Aug 17, 2015
360command:
This news is stupid. Ghana yam wey dey spoil anyhow. Yam no fit last more than 4days
point of correction. There are different variants of yam. The one u speak of is called puna. By far sweeter than the ones produced in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen / Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole / Professional Training And Capacity Building In Commercial Snail Farming & Export

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.