Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan (42057 Views)

We Are Using Recovered Looted Funds To Finance 2017 Budget – FG / Looted Funds: FG Seeks Extradition Of 311 Powerful Nigerians / You’re Now Wiser After Leaving Office, Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by Jesusloveyou: 11:12am On Aug 10, 2015
chukwudi44:
If this news is true what is stopping Buhari from arresting GEJ? I am tired of " I will" or "I shall" bring it on dear!!!
ur fellow saTANist kids cannot even come to dis ur childish level,

Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 10, 2015
Icecomrade:
Despite the fact that I am a GEJ supporter I don't advocate for corruption.
If GEJ and his ministers stole or mismanaged a reasonable amount of money that should not be over looked, PMB should recover it.

My issue with PMB is that leaving out the likes of the so many other THIEVES like the Old Talkative OBJ who stole his own portion in his time, leaving out Thief-Nubu and Amaechi cos the money they stole was judiciously used to sponsor election in the name of limiting his probe to past government alone leaves a lot to bargain.

He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

I beg to disagree. Tinubu and Ameachi were never federal government officials...so why should PMB bother to probe them? It is people from their respective states that should do that. Wike can decide to probe Ameachi but not PMB....in addition, the president or governors are not the ones probing...they only create a system for transparent probing. Mind you, there can be no probing without somebody initiating it and that person cannot be the president or governor otherwise it would be seen as selective probing.

Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by Seawhy(m): 11:15am On Aug 10, 2015
Dear Mr President, I so much thank you for your courage
to change things in this country. What Nigerians need from you is nothing but good and exemplary leadership.
The country suffered leadership problem under GEJ administration to the extent that even unborn baby is aware.
What baffles Nigerians is when a leader wakes up to say that stealing is not corruption and everybody is shouting corruption
and yet nothing was done. Just your 2 months as president of this great nation, people are afraid,
then tell me what will happen after 4 years of ruling this country. Oh it is going to be great and I am seeing Nigeria turn to Singapore, Dubai, Japan, China and a lot of other great nations of the world. Nigeria is a great nation,blessed with human and natural resources, but our problem is bad leadership and time is now for change. I am aware that you will be under pressure to jettison some of these allegations about GEJ administration particularly his ministers deed. Nigerians and the entire world so much trust that you can take this country to the next level and that is why we voted for you during the just concluded presidential elections.
Please save this country from falling into a doom that our children children will regret for ever.

Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by justice54321: 11:21am On Aug 10, 2015
I just position the observe ,bt for the betterment of our dear nation,let they be sanity,which mean let wot ve to be ,beeeeee.
Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by KCeejay125(m): 11:22am On Aug 10, 2015
Change is on the way.Change ke. stupid people
Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 10, 2015
azimibraun:
But why is GEJ trying to frustrate Mr Buhari's efforts in the cleaning up and recovery effort? Just within 2+ months of leaving a position he held for 6yrs he is back at the Villa begging and distracting the President from doing his job. All this Kurukere & Koro...moves will not help o!

usual senseless Nigerian talk. u people choose to believe only shiit n nothing else.

Buhari keeps looking for Jonathan, not d other way round. confused leader + confused followers.
Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by shaqhead: 11:30am On Aug 10, 2015
Icecomrade:
Despite the fact that I am a GEJ supporter I don't advocate for corruption.
If GEJ and his ministers stole or mismanaged a reasonable amount of money that should not be over looked, PMB should recover it.

My issue with PMB is that leaving out the likes of the so many other THIEVES like the Old Talkative OBJ who stole his own portion in his time, leaving out Thief-Nubu and Amaechi cos the money they stole was judiciously used to sponsor election in the name of limiting his probe to past government alone leaves a lot to bargain.

He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

Please can you tell us the "unreasonable amount stole or mismanaged by the GEJ administration that CAN BE OVERLOOKED?"

Wrong Mr, Wrong! Amaechi is a governor and he handed over to an opposition governor who has both the "Woman" and "Stamina" to impregnate her, why are u folks callin another man to come and "put assunder". Or are u folks callin Wike impotent?

Wike instituted a probe, what has come out of it. I for one is in support of investigation and prosecution of ANY personality but it should go through proper channel! The channel to nail Amaechi is Rivers State monies!

Let wike bring out his findings and present it for prosecution. Amaechis jurisdiction was Rivers state and evry fund he is alleged to have mismanaged wl b that of Rivers State.

Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by orcc(m): 11:35am On Aug 10, 2015
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley wink cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#990000][/color]
check me out
Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by WOCKHARDI(m): 11:35am On Aug 10, 2015
Looted funds must be returned. Good for us.
But saying that only funds looted under Jonathan's PDP administration must be returned is not 'Justice and Equity '. At least the 16 years of PDP rot and embezzlement will be a good starting point.
Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by bobchigar(m): 11:38am On Aug 10, 2015
Interesting. Let's see it goes
Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 10, 2015
stealing is not corruption.. let him face the consequence asap

Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by bobchigar(m): 11:40am On Aug 10, 2015
bobchigar:
Interesting. Let's see it goes
Let's see how it goes
Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by oladimeji09(m): 11:45am On Aug 10, 2015
OYINBOGOJU:
This is my Judgement

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Looted funds must be returned or Risk Jail.

I rise .

C-o--u-r -t
Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by jomoh: 11:48am On Aug 10, 2015
Icecomrade:

Simple question

Are you saying probes and recovery of looted government funds should be limited to only immediate out going administrations
Who handed Power over OBJ? Abacha?
Or Abdulsalam interim govt?

Why then did he probe Abacha's administration.

If that is the case then it goes to show that the president has the prerogative to choose which administration he deems fit to probe and we have no power to dictate to him. Reason why OBJ probed Abacha but didn't probe Abdulsalam is best known to him. The reason why PMB choose to probe GEJ is best known to him. Same goes for the reason why GEJ did not probe anybody.

Atleast OBJ and PMB has the moral uprightness to initiate a probe into what they see as a bad administration no matter how little the moral uprightness is. This goes to show that

Either GEJ was morally bankrupt not to see anything wrong in the previous administration to probe

or

he is too weak as a president to probe anyone(reason why nothing worked under him which led to him being booted out)

or

he is suffering from the combination of the two.

To this end it is only right in the interest of the nation to allow PMB do his work and recover our looted funds.

Anybody calling for PMB not to limit his probe to the past administration might as well ask him to probe all the past local government chairmen, councillors, rectors, VCs and principals of schools

or

ask him leave all the thieves and not to recover our stolen wealth.

Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by loschivatos(m): 11:51am On Aug 10, 2015
Hypocrisies at d highest level 'Let d incorrupt cast d first stone' In a sane society 70years old crime could be brought to justice today. PMB should start with himself.
Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by okunega1: 11:52am On Aug 10, 2015
PMB God bless the day you were elected
Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by realest247(m): 11:55am On Aug 10, 2015
Demdem:
The General is in charge. He will choose who and what to probe. To hell with those who disagree with him. These fools said nothing and supported Jonah-daft when he chose not to probe anyone and allowed thievery and now they are suddenly asking the General to start his probe from 1960. Shameless fools. U are all inconsequential in the current scheme of things. The General gat to do what he wants to do and there is absolutely nothing u lot can do about it.

Shut up, you inconsequential cow. The magnitude of this your mumuness is increasing by thhe day. What rubbish sad
Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by Demdem(m): 11:57am On Aug 10, 2015
realest247:

Shut up, you inconsequential cow. The magnitude of this your mumuness is increasing by thhe day. What rubbish sad

Fool, surely I struck a nerve. U inconsequential fools can only shout and whine till u die off. What the General will do, he will do. U fools can't change it. grin

Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by shaqhead: 11:58am On Aug 10, 2015
Icecomrade:

You should have just made your comment without quoting me cos what you wrote has no relationship with my comment.
Since you choose to quote me let me ask you

Do you view OBJ and Amaechi government as APC led government?

Should the Fight against corruption be partisan?

Are we not allowing party loyalty to becloud our reasoning and comments against our duty to National interest.

How long will we continue in this vindictive approach to governance where the next government is gearing up a battle against the previous in the name of party affiliations?

You havent said anythin from whats been bandied around but on and offline by those that tread ur thought path. Even the PDP said this!

We all can keep shouting that this or that person is corrupt but as an educated you kno where to draw the line on that or else you end up bn sued for running your mouth without what the APC government has asked for "CREDIBLE EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE"...why is the PDP not working towards that.

The same PDP told us before the elections that Buhari was corrupt and made an issue of evrything include his wife's wristwatch,baseless allegations which the gullible have swallowed. The same folks came back and canonized him.

Always remember this allegations do not make one corrupt, conviction following prosecution does!

How one views the Amaechi or OBJ is relative and inconsequential Mr cos thats jst like askin how I view Tambuwal was a PDP member BUT frm get go he wasnt "PdP person" even before the emergence of the APC-same applied to Amaechi!

So if the PDP wants to be a credible opposition, they need to get to work on issues like this but we kno they cant cos they are too busy tryin to cover poo in their backyard.

There is currently the "tundefashola.com" case, cant the PDP follow up on that?

@anwo247, time to forward that evidence of corruption since you ddnt make frontpage her-this is your time to shine!

Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by johnpalmer774(m): 12:04pm On Aug 10, 2015
zicoraads:
Oga...which one is petition again? With evidence kwanu? Why are they being paid? Is it the job of Nigerians to petition them and also provide them with evidence? Na wa ooo. If this is the job description of an EFCC or ICPC worker, I should be doing everything in my power to get an appointment there. Since all they do is sit in their offices and wait for petitions that comes with evidence.

They investigate base on Petition received but if you believe they should just investigate anybody without any wrong doing or petition against the fellow. the You need to be investigated also.

Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by jonbat(m): 12:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
Of course GEJ doesn't know about the financial sleaze that plagued his administration. That's why he's 'clueless'.

[/quote][color=#990000][/color]so clueless to an extent that his wife was in charge

Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by anigold(m): 12:06pm On Aug 10, 2015
bvibesblogger:

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-to-jonathan-looted-funds-must-be-returned/

good one..

Please tell GEJ
tell OBJ
tell Ibb
tell ameachi
tell tinubu
tell other politicians too to return stolen funds..
So that APC will have more money to re-loot or more money to develop Nigeria positively
Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by Rexnegro(m): 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2015
joseph1832:
Of course GEJ doesn't know about the financial sleaze that plagued his administration. That's why he's 'clueless'.

I have always said it that gej was a total waste of time in the history of this con3....he really messed his chance big time and brought shame OT ijaw indigenes. See now he's begging now saying lubbish that he doesn't no anytin ? Who then was the president when we tot he was ? Patience? Ngozi ? Diezani ? And some foools here go say he's a PHd holder why Buhari is certificate-less. Phd now begging same certificate-less dullard? Chai there's God o....
Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by djkirkoo2(m): 12:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
isbish:
Its's simple! Return our stollen money. Stealing is now corruption. God forgive those that remain persistently obstinate in supporting the loot of GEJ's government. God disdains supporters of evil and crime. God help GMB to make Nigeria great again.
Stealing is not corruption u Dundee. Is like Una no go schl. Go & Check ur dictionary fools.
Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by MIM77(m): 12:11pm On Aug 10, 2015
Gej is truly clueless. So he didnt have any glimpse of the looting that was taking place. He seemed to be surprised about the graft allegation.
Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by jomoh: 12:15pm On Aug 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

You yorubas can only make noise on social media!!! You are all bunch of hypocrites!!! PMB knows better than go after GEJ because he dosent want the people of osun to suffer even further.

You can only make online noise on the PUNCH,The Nation and sahara reporters,GEJ is untouchable !! Get that into your empty skull!!It is even easir for PMB to prosecute OBJ and Tinubu than for him to go after GEJ.After all your media noise on this case I can assure you that nothing will happen

Pa chukwudi44 the most senseless Nairalander. Don't worry nothing will happen to your boyfriend according to the peace accord signed by a leader of integrity but same cannot be guaranteed of his Ministers and Mama peace. Just tell him to return our money and he should also inform mama peace and his ministers to do so.
Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by anigold(m): 12:21pm On Aug 10, 2015
Bujandy:
sell your kidney for just $400,000 in malaysia .Call us 08100472874
dont you want to make money.. Why not sell yours..

Abi sell your brain for $1Billion in mexico cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
Demdem:
The General is in charge. He will choose who and what to probe. To hell with those who disagree with him. These fools said nothing and supported Jonah-daft when he chose not to probe anyone and allowed thievery and now they are suddenly asking the General to start his probe from 1960. Shameless fools. U are all inconsequential in the current scheme of things. The General gat to do what he wants to do and there is absolutely nothing u lot can do about it.
You are an uneducated person. Your primitiveness and hypocrisy are annoying! Is Amechi government in the 1960s? Not because he uses the state billions Naira to support the dullard's election he should be spared. Fighting corruption in a way that make sense should be the norm and stop telling me about previous government when I can see the president surrounding himself with the past looters! Buhari is a scam! He stole from Nigeria before as a dictator.
Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by docadams: 12:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
PassingShot:
How old are you? A sincere answer please.
Pa Chukwudi's age? Ha! It is indeterminate. We only know he is Aging Without Growing Up(AWGU).

Re: Looted Funds Must Be Returned - Buhari Tells Jonathan by anigold(m): 12:26pm On Aug 10, 2015
WOCKHARDI:
Looted funds must be returned. Good for us.
But saying that only funds looted under Jonathan's PDP administration must be returned is not 'Justice and Equity '. At least the 16 years of PDP rot and embezzlement will be a good starting point.

am a PDP man i will advocate that the probe should start from atleast OBJ's tenure... Am 100% sure buhari does not have the guts to do this... Its like everyone in the class making noise and you as the teacher decides to punish only the smallest/youngest student in the class because you are afraid of the other students...

Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect / Nigeria Finalises Deal For 1 To 2 Squadrons Of JF-17 Fighter Jets / Aisha Buhari And Family Celebrate President Buhari's Re-Election (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60