Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,054 members, 7,863,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:02 AM

What Happens To The 2015 Capital Projects Appropriation In D Absence Of Min - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happens To The 2015 Capital Projects Appropriation In D Absence Of Min (661 Views)

2019: Buhari Woos South-east With Capital Projects / Omokri Reacts To The Distribution Of Capital Projects In The 2016 Budget / We Don't Have Money To Release, For Capital Projects: FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens To The 2015 Capital Projects Appropriation In D Absence Of Min by Ama80(f): 9:18am On Aug 10, 2015
Over 556 billion naira was passed by d senate Fr capital projects on April 28th and signed by president in mid may.d new president came on board on 29th of may few days d budget was signed by d ex president,one wonders wat has happened to these monies since there are no ministers to award contracts.Also,by Oct,one will b expecting d president to present 2016 appropriations to N/assembly Fr considerations leaving d 2015 budget Fr capital projects unspent.my questions are
1.can d money b rolled over to next yr appropriations?
2.can d money be used Fr something it's not budgeted for such as payments of salaries as struggled by most states?
3.can d perm secs award contracts in absence of ministers?if yes.dis leads to no 4 question
4.are there projects going on in ur locations?
Re: What Happens To The 2015 Capital Projects Appropriation In D Absence Of Min by chocolateme(f): 9:20am On Aug 10, 2015
I don't think that money was eventually withdrawn even though it was approved...
If not by now, that issue would have gone viral..
The only project going on in my area now is incessant traffic.
Re: What Happens To The 2015 Capital Projects Appropriation In D Absence Of Min by superstar1(m): 9:25am On Aug 10, 2015
Ministers are just political heads. The career civil servants headed by Permanent Secretaries are the backbone and mitochondrion of the ministries.

The minister only presents the summation of the civil servants recommendation at FEC and pass the message at FEC to them in writing.

In the absence of ministers, PSs are doing the same. There is no lacuna in government

1 Like

Re: What Happens To The 2015 Capital Projects Appropriation In D Absence Of Min by Moneyab(m): 9:42am On Aug 10, 2015
@superstar1----you said it all. very incisive. I love brilliant chaps like you. No homo o..
Re: What Happens To The 2015 Capital Projects Appropriation In D Absence Of Min by Ama80(f): 10:01am On Aug 10, 2015
superstar1:
Ministers are just political heads. The career civil servants headed by Permanent Secretaries are the backbone and mitochondrion of the ministries.

The minister only presents the summation of the civil servants recommendation at FEC and pass the message at FEC to them in writing.

In the absence of ministers, PSs are doing the same. There is no lacuna in government
wat u r saying precisely is capital projects are stil being awarded as it stands now.so,is there any project going on in ur area bcs whr i live being d fct all d projects hav been suspended including d railways n no new one has taken off.d year in review is almost ended.
Re: What Happens To The 2015 Capital Projects Appropriation In D Absence Of Min by socialmediaman: 10:03am On Aug 10, 2015
OP, this is one of the problems created by PDP which this present government is trying to correct.

It is not the duty of the minister to award contracts. The perm sec is the career civil servant heading the ministry and each Ministry has a board that approves and awards contracts. The minister's job is to formulate policies for the ministry, represent the ministry at the FEC and also perform oversight functions for the FG, in addition to coordinating with the ministry and FG for approval sums which require FG explicit approval

This is the major issue I want to touch on, others may provide answers to your other questions
Re: What Happens To The 2015 Capital Projects Appropriation In D Absence Of Min by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 10, 2015
Ama80:
wat u r saying precisely is capital projects are stil being awarded as it stands now.so,is there any project going on in ur area bcs whr i live being d fct all d projects hav been suspended including d railways n no new one has taken off.d year in review is almost ended.
Ministers are just house boys to d president. The president has 100percent power and legal right to d anything a minister should do. Buhari has made it clear that under his watch, ministers will not award contracts.
Re: What Happens To The 2015 Capital Projects Appropriation In D Absence Of Min by Ama80(f): 10:57am On Aug 10, 2015
atbu1983:
Ministers are just house boys to d president. The president has 100percent power and legal right to d anything a minister should do. Buhari has made it clear that under his watch, ministers will not award contracts.
which implies d president can solely award contracts.i don't think you are doing Mr president any gud wt ds assertion.ministers as house boy,it's innuendo!
Re: What Happens To The 2015 Capital Projects Appropriation In D Absence Of Min by orisa37: 11:13am On Aug 10, 2015
Permanent Secretaries will spend the money and report to FEC.
Re: What Happens To The 2015 Capital Projects Appropriation In D Absence Of Min by Ama80(f): 8:00am On Aug 11, 2015
I need more clarifications pls
Re: What Happens To The 2015 Capital Projects Appropriation In D Absence Of Min by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 11, 2015
Isp Enterprise, we are growing stronger

(1) (Reply)

How Can We Allow Treasury Looters To Escape – APC / Lg 32 Inch 32lb550 Led Tv ₦ 61,490 / In Defense Of Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.