Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Yoruba Incantations - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Incantations (4214 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Performs Incantations On A Plane To Canada. Photos/video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Incantations by Filashade(f): 11:34am On Aug 10, 2015
I have been listening to a lot of Yoruba incantations especially the one in Yoruba movies and on Spotify.

I just wanted to find out, if I sing them out loud does that mean am calling out the Gods or will anything occur?

Because I am a catholic but am trying to broaden my Yoruba knowledge because I feel much more closer to my Yoruba side?

And if any of you know any Yoruba incantations can you list them here and translate them for me.

The incantations i know r the ones praising Ogun, Oshun, Obatala etc

Your answers would be much appreciatedsmiley
Re: Yoruba Incantations by bolakale30(m): 7:11pm On Nov 11, 2015
Filashade:
I have been listening to a lot of Yoruba incantations especially the one in Yoruba movies and on Spotify.

I just wanted to find out, if I sing them out loud does that mean am calling out the Gods or will anything occur?

Because I am a catholic but am trying to broaden my Yoruba knowledge because I feel much more closer to my Yoruba side?

And if any of you know any Yoruba incantations can you list them here and translate them for me.

The incantations i know r the ones praising Ogun, Oshun, Obatala etc

Your answers would be much appreciatedsmiley
Send me a PM I might be able to help... Incantation in Yoruba is a form of poetry, while indeed, devouts of a particular god use it to invoke the presence of that god in movies and other forms of entertainment... Its real life application has not be scientifically proven, hence we can claim it's fictitious... Salem..
Re: Yoruba Incantations by gunpoint(m): 11:54pm On Jan 31, 2017
This girl
Stoppit oh
Is like you want your brain to start paining you? undecided
Re: Yoruba Incantations by L4stl00k(m): 8:24am On Feb 10, 2021
send me DM filashade, am going to give you some,, though am a student, have some they call it AYAJO it we be happen immediately as you are saying it, you can use it to blindfold someone immediately if you resite it

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Belongs To The Great Benin Kingdom: OBA OF LAGOS / What Makes Igbo's Different And Proud From The Rest Of Nigerians / Ifa Heritage Institute Is Open For Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.