Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Materials & Mentors (M&M) CFA CIS - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Materials & Mentors (M&M) CFA CIS (1697 Views)

Pls Advice An Accounting Graduate: CFA Or ICAN? / CIS Professional Exams 2016 / Frequently Asked Questions About CFA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Materials & Mentors (M&M) CFA CIS by wallmosh: 3:32pm On Aug 10, 2015
Kindly assist young graduates who are aspiring of being an analyst in sharing with them your experience, challenges encountered and motivating factors that keep you moving on the course of you or anyone you are aware in achieving the dream of being an analyst.

More so, we seize this opportunity to call for help resources being it forum, ebooks, online site, video tutorials among others that assisted you in the course of taking those challenges.
Re: Materials & Mentors (M&M) CFA CIS by wallmosh: 8:31am On Aug 12, 2015
I believe there are quite number of CIS & CFA associates and chartered on nairaland, we are strongly in need of mentorship and helpful insights.
Re: Materials & Mentors (M&M) CFA CIS by davide470(m): 6:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
First of; Analyst is a Job title and also used as a ranking metrics in some iB's, and Consulting firms.

Then before I say more, I would let senior men in the house speak:

Nitrogen, Jarus, donkunzman

1 Like

Re: Materials & Mentors (M&M) CFA CIS by nitrogen(m): 9:56pm On Aug 20, 2015
Well, in US and other countries, pure investment banking has this path....Analyst----Associate-----Vice president----------Director----------MD

While that of investment research starts from Associate position.

But in Nigeria, the first is adopted by most/all IBs for all the interesting aspects of ibanking (be it IB itself, Investment research, investment management, sales and trading, etc).

Go through links found below(quite interesting) for more:

https://www.wallstreetprep.com/knowledge/investment-banking-careers/

https://www.wallstreetprep.com/blog/investment-banking-vs-equity-research/

Also, go through this thread, you will find it useful(na dem seniors start the thread)....

www.nairaland.com/280487/top-10-best-nig-investment

Brb.

@davide, I no be senior man, I be one small boy like that hustling to make money. God dey!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Materials & Mentors (M&M) CFA CIS by donkunzman: 11:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
Lol. Senior man ke?
As far as I know, analysts are like the lowest rung on the ladder everywhere, they do the grunt work no one wants to do (there's probably a fancy name for your dream/aspiration, I don't think "analyst" is the word you want to use).
I hope too that the experienced ones will come in to share words of advice.
About resources, you will find them on specific threads addressing particular programs, I'm sure about the CFA thread, don't know anything about CIS.

1 Like

Re: Materials & Mentors (M&M) CFA CIS by Kaysalas(m): 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
hi wallmosh, nice to see you keeping up with the dream. As per resources, you could also visit investopedia, they have a dedicated tutorial section on CFA courses. you'll love it.
..... @ the Ogas in d house, I dey find work O. I have a Bsc Economics from lasu SPTS (2.2) & I just concluded the Diploma in securities and Investment from the Chartered Institute Of Stockbrokers. Abeg Bros(es), I need industry related job O. Make una help me o
Re: Materials & Mentors (M&M) CFA CIS by wallmosh: 9:59pm On Aug 26, 2015
Thanks for your follow up.

You can take an online walk to investment and securities firms in VI.

Kaysalas:
hi wallmosh, nice to see you keeping up with the dream. As per resources, you could also visit investopedia, they have a dedicated tutorial section on CFA courses. you'll love it.
..... @ the Ogas in d house, I dey find work O. I have a Bsc Economics from lasu SPTS (2.2) & I just concluded the Diploma in securities and Investment from the Chartered Institute Of Stockbrokers. Abeg Bros(es), I need industry related job O. Make una help me o
Re: Materials & Mentors (M&M) CFA CIS by donkunzman: 10:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
Drop your CV everywhere you find off and online. What I used to do was search LinkedIn for profiles of people in the field, then know the company they and similar people work for, then visit their sites to upload my CV. Although I didn't get a job from that, I think it's a good complement of your other job search activities.
Kaysalas:
Re: Materials & Mentors (M&M) CFA CIS by Kaysalas(m): 10:01pm On Aug 28, 2015
donkunzman:
Drop your CV everywhere you find off and online. What I used to do was search LinkedIn for profiles of people in the field, then know the company they and similar people work for, then visit their sites to upload my CV. Although I didn't get a job from that, I think it's a good complement of your other job search activities.
thnx boss!
Re: Materials & Mentors (M&M) CFA CIS by victor4u(m): 8:16am On Aug 29, 2015
Do you know that CFA only accepts only a few selected specification of calculators.

Do you know that Casio and other scientific calculators are not allowed for CFA exams?

Do you know that the earlier you start getting use to your calculator, the better your success in the CFA examinations.

CFA only accepts a few selected Financial Calculators.

BA II Plus Texas Instrument is one of the approved calculators for the CFA examinations and it currently goes for =N=14,000.

Note - Only Few copies are available.

To request Call Victor on 08139549988 (Watsapp number also), 08054523301 or email eva_victor2005@yahoo.com

BB - 2BB70410
Re: Materials & Mentors (M&M) CFA CIS by wallmosh: 2:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
donkunzman:

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

SAP Training / My Personal Development Survey for #Nigerian #Youth / Is Nose Piercing Permitted In Corporate Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.