Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,068 members, 7,867,040 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:57 AM

Are We Rejoicing Too Early Over Loot Recovery? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Rejoicing Too Early Over Loot Recovery? (398 Views)

Loot Recovery Diezani And FG In Secret Talks / Loot Recovery: Edwin Clark Backs Buhari / Buhari May Sideline EFCC, ICPC In Loot Recovery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Rejoicing Too Early Over Loot Recovery? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
I believe the kind of problems Nigeria has is beyond electing a saint into power. I am only creating this thread because I want us to think ahead and beyond present politics.

A lot of us have been rejoicing since Buhari took office. Especially concerning the recent news that Buhari will hunt down every looter. If Buhari really succeeds in recovering every kobo stole since 1960 till date is that what will fast forward Nigeria to development? I think it would be too early to rejoice if all the loot were recovered because recovering the loot is one thing while putting the loot to judicious use is another thing. If all the loot are recovered and we still suffer from our old problems like nothing has changed then what is the use of rejoicing over recovered loot? Its a good move to recover our stolen money BUT let us wait for it to be put into proper use and yield fruits before rejoicing.

Buhari will not be in office forever. He may spend his entire tenure tackling corruption and putting some developmental foundations to yeild results in future. If the next government after his is not serious about corruption then all the recovered money will return to where they were before Buhari took office. And this is VERY likely to happen.

Anyone who is hoping for CHANGE will end up being disappointed because the kind of problem we have in the country is just beyond electing the "right man". In my opinion the only thing that will CHANGE Nigeria is evolution. It would take several upcoming generations of evolved smarter Nigerians to do away with our current inefficient system and mindset. So if you really want to witness change you should die now and wake up in the next 700 years. You will then see the meaning of CHANGE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Rejoicing Too Early Over Loot Recovery? by ladyF(f): 6:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hmm
Re: Are We Rejoicing Too Early Over Loot Recovery? by SeXistBaStaRd(m): 6:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
undecided
Re: Are We Rejoicing Too Early Over Loot Recovery? by alabiyemmy(m): 6:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
Which loot? Mtcheeewww
Re: Are We Rejoicing Too Early Over Loot Recovery? by tpiander: 6:23pm On Aug 10, 2015
going by what happened before, there'll be a big economic crash sometime in the future.

as per loot recovery, seems Nigeria has been doing that and "fighting corruption" for over fifty years if not centuries now.

who is this corruption and why are we always fighting him or her.
Re: Are We Rejoicing Too Early Over Loot Recovery? by Sunofgod(m): 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2015
Buhari has looted over $1 billion since taking office - and there's nobody to scrutinize him!

(1) (Reply)

#fakemydeath Trending On Twitter / Nothing Wrong If You Ask Me / GEJ Shocked By Level Of Corruption In His Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.