Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,629 members, 7,847,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:49 PM

#mararaba Brutality: Army Promises To Sanction Perpetrators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #mararaba Brutality: Army Promises To Sanction Perpetrators (565 Views)

Senate Set To Sanction Ndume Over “unparliamentary Comments " / El-rufai Names Perpetrators Of Southern Kaduna Killings / Kaduna APC To Sanction Shehu Sani Over Support For NLC Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#mararaba Brutality: Army Promises To Sanction Perpetrators by wolesmile(m): 6:06pm On Aug 10, 2015
Following the unfortunate incidence which saw some Nigerian Soldiers molesting a Nigerian over the weekend, at Mararaba in Nasarawa State, the Nigerian Army on Monday, promised to summon the perpetrators, adding that they will face disciplinary action after investigation.

In a statement by the Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Sani Usman, the army said: “The attention of Nigerian Army has been drawn to a front page photograph of some soldiers maltreating a suspected robber at Mararaba, Nasarawa State, on the front page of today’s edition of Daily Trust newspaper.

“Sadly, it is also trending on the Social Media.

“There is no doubt the photograph has done incalculable damage to the image of the service. The act was unfortunate and at variance with military ethics and professionalism. The Nigerian Army wishes to inform the public that the perpetrators of the offence have been identified, summoned and would face disciplinary action.

“The Army has also reached out to the management of the newspaper over this poor and worrisome editorial judgement by giving this misdemeanour prominence in their paper. Alerting appropriate Nigerian Army authorities would have been a better option that will be met with prompt response.

“We wish to assure the public that the Nigerian Army would continue to protect and respect human rights and that this regrettable incidence should not be used as a yardstick to judge the entire Army,” said Usman.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/mararraba-brutality-army-promises-to-sanction-perpetrators/#sthash.3eDYdFDa.dpuf

1 Share

Re: #mararaba Brutality: Army Promises To Sanction Perpetrators by INTROVERT(f): 6:08pm On Aug 10, 2015
inasmuch as I hate what the soldiers did to the suspected robber... i have had a personal experience with those Maraba boys.

i was on my way to keffi to do some buisness on behalf of my dad during that period of fuel price hike/scarcity and I didn't have enough fuel in my car so I wound down my glass in d hold up and around Mr Biggs these stupid boys snatched my phone on my dashboard. they hit my car from the back with a stick and as I turned to look what the problem was another thief put his hand inside my car and took my bb.

those guys are a menace and am sure those living around that area would confirm this.
Re: #mararaba Brutality: Army Promises To Sanction Perpetrators by wolesmile(m): 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
INTROVERT:

U Pay for that space o!!!
Re: #mararaba Brutality: Army Promises To Sanction Perpetrators by tayebest(m): 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
we have been hearing this for long but when will it stop?? undecided SMH
Re: #mararaba Brutality: Army Promises To Sanction Perpetrators by DuchessLily(f): 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
They better do
Re: #mararaba Brutality: Army Promises To Sanction Perpetrators by Jorussia(m): 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2015
INTROVERT:
inasmuch as I hate what the soldiers did to the suspected robber... i have had a personal experience with those Maraba boys.

i was on my way to keffi to do some buisness on behalf of my dad during that period of fuel price hike/scarcity and I didn't have enough fuel in my car so I wound down my glass in d hold up and around Mr Biggs these stupid boys snatched my phone on my dashboard. they hit my car from the back with a stick and as I turned to look what the problem was another thief put his hand inside my car and took my bb.

those guys are a menace and am sure those living around that area would confirm this.
so you didn't bother to raise alarm?

(1) (Reply)

Stop Appropriating Our Achievements – PDP Tells APC / You Must Account For N80bn LG Funds, LP Tells Obiano / Buhari's Image Control System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.