Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

The 108-year-old Woman Who Attributed Her Long Life To Celibacy. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The 108-year-old Woman Who Attributed Her Long Life To Celibacy. (1939 Views)

Linda Ikeji Reveals How She Hid Her Baby Bump As She Clarifies Celibacy Statemen / Lilian Afegbai Begins Celibacy Journey: 'I Wish I Were Still A Virgin' / Empress Njama Cuts Her Long Hair (2) (3) (4)

The 108-year-old Woman Who Attributed Her Long Life To Celibacy. by Lanceslot(m): 6:11pm On Aug 10, 2015
Clara Meadmore, Britain's oldest
virgin, lived to be 108. She often
attributed her longevity down to
her abstinence.
Clara never had sex because she
was "too busy" for intimate
relationships, which seemed like "a
lot of hassle." She abstained as a
young woman to concentrate on
earning a living.
The retired secretary said sex
meant marriage during her youth in the 1920s and 1930s and she was never interested in settling down.
Instead of boyfriends, Clara filled
her time with reading, gardening,
cooking and listening to the radio.
Clara was born in Glasgow in 1903,
just two years after the death of
Queen Victoria. She remembered
and often talked of the Titanic
sinking and the outbreak of the
First World War. She passed away
in 2011. www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1075289/No-sex-secret-long-life-says-105-year-old-Clara-Britains-oldest-virgin.html

Re: The 108-year-old Woman Who Attributed Her Long Life To Celibacy. by deadZONE: 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
Re: The 108-year-old Woman Who Attributed Her Long Life To Celibacy. by ladyF(f): 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2015

Say wetin happen na. Abegi!!!
Re: The 108-year-old Woman Who Attributed Her Long Life To Celibacy. by SeXistBaStaRd(m): 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2015
[sub][/sub]
Re: The 108-year-old Woman Who Attributed Her Long Life To Celibacy. by Cutehector(m): 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2015
All d ladies gona be like, am keepin my virginity... Well newsflash, ur so gona end up like ths woman grin
Re: The 108-year-old Woman Who Attributed Her Long Life To Celibacy. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
Nice one, I have been celebate for 4 months and counting, now I have seen this will work 2wrds 50yrs celibacy, cos I wanna live long enough sad
Re: The 108-year-old Woman Who Attributed Her Long Life To Celibacy. by ZianaJordana(f): 8:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
I'd rather have a shorter, happy life, where I don't limit myself based on societal expectations and double standards, than a long, stretched out, miserable life, where I base my whole life based around what other people think I should and should not do. Just my opinion, though I've heard that having children may shorten your life expectancy. There's some truth to what she's saying, at least.

Nollywood Actress Uche Iwuji Begs Oil Millionaire Ex-husband Lawal To Come Back / Cameroonian Fashion Icon, Manga Patou Dies Of Cardiac Arrest / Singer Nicki Minaj & Co Shows Off Their Bosom In Silver Jumpsuit - Photos