Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

FIFA PRESIDENCY : NFF Board Members, Group Back Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FIFA PRESIDENCY : NFF Board Members, Group Back Kalu (629 Views)

Buhari Nominates 3 New NDDC Board Members, Sends Their Names To Senate / President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members / Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA PRESIDENCY : NFF Board Members, Group Back Kalu by AmadiAba: 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2015
I THINK ITS TIME WE ALL THROW OUR WEIGHT BEHIND OUK. NON OF THE OTHER CONTENDERS ARE MORE QUALIFIED THAN OUK.

The FIFA presidency dream of former Abia State governor, Dr Orji Uzor Kalu, got a boost at the weekend with two executive members of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) endorsing his candidature.
Alhaji Yusuf Fresh and Alhaji Ahmed Mu’azu Kawu, who is also the Chairman of the Nigeria Nationwide League (NNWL), in separate chats, supported the ambition of Dr Kalu, but urged him to make a formal request for endorsement to the NFF.
According to Fresh, a member of the NFF Technical Committee, Dr Kalu has every right to aspire to the topmost position in world football with his achievement with Enyimba International of Aba while he held sway as the Abia State governor.
“I am enthusiastic and happy that Nigerians are starting to show interest in the top football position in the world. His Excellency, Dr Orji Kalu has the right to contest for the FIFA job but he must get the endorsement of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF). “He cannot aspire to contest without the backing of the NFF and if he seeks our support, we shall surely give him,” Alhaji Fresh said, adding: “He has countless of achievements to show from his performance as two-time Governor of Abia State. He made Enyimba what it is today because it was through his effort that Nigeria broke the CAF Champions League jinx. He motivated Enyimba to win the competition twice as well as the CAF Super Cup.” For the NNWL Chairman, Alhaji Kawu, the aspiration of Dr Kalu is not abnormal but he advised that he should go through the proper channel to actualize the dream.
“I like the doggedness of Dr Orji Kalu in aspiring to be the FIFA president. Of course, he’s qualified and has the record to back it up. But he has to go through the proper channel, that is seeking the clearance of the Nigeria Football Federation,” he said.
Meanwhile, a group under the aegis of Lawyers Group Amnesty International Nigeria; has thrown its weight behind the Orji Uzor Kalu’s FIFA presidency project.
In a letter signed by Barrister Aham Njoku, Former President of the Lawyers Group Amnesty International Nigeria and Director Constitutional Watch (CONSWATCH), and addressed to the Amnesty International USA Section Washington Office, 304 Pennyslyvania Ave. SE, Washington DC 20003, the group is mobilising all members of the Amnesty International worldwide to back Kalu’s FIFA presidency project.
“I wish to inform you that one of the candidates who is contesting for the position of FIFA President at the forthcoming elections is Dr. Orji UzorKalu. He was the former Governor of Abia State in Nigeria from 1999 to 2007,” the letter began.
“He is a transformational leader and a great sports administrator. He is passionate about the development of Football in the whole world as the premier sports for all. His contribution to football and sports in Nigeria and Africa is exceptional,” the letter further read.
“I, therefore, urge you most strongly to ask the President of your country’s football Association (FA) to back the aspiration of Dr. Kalu, a perfect gentleman at the said elections. Be informed that I am sending this letter to all our members in 81 countries, including Uganda, South Africa, Canada, Germany, Holland and United Kingdom.
Thank you for your support” he concluded.

Source : http://sunnewsonline.com/new/nff-board-members-group-back-kalus-fifa-ambition/

Re: FIFA PRESIDENCY : NFF Board Members, Group Back Kalu by ladyF(f): 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2015
Lol
Re: FIFA PRESIDENCY : NFF Board Members, Group Back Kalu by stevnwigw: 6:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
great success to OUK
Re: FIFA PRESIDENCY : NFF Board Members, Group Back Kalu by ckmayoca: 7:55pm On Aug 10, 2015
Guy dey find international fame. Not ur load my ex gov.

(1) (Reply)

[UPATED] Abdusalami Panel Meets Buhari, Advocates Fairness In Anti-graft War / "Shakau's Dealt!!! Credit To GEJ's Government! / Call Lai Muhammad To Order – PDP To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.