Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Cryptowall Virus HELP!!! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Cryptowall Virus HELP!!! (1249 Views)

Top Five Anti Virus Softwares / How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive / How To Remove Win32 Trojan Virus That Turns Your Files To Shortcut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cryptowall Virus HELP!!! by Google63(m): 6:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
cryptowall 3.0 deleted all the files on my system, and is asking for a ransome of $500 to recover them? who has encountered such a virus. How can I recover my files... Please help me!!!

1 Like

Re: Cryptowall Virus HELP!!! by Fulaman198(m): 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2015
I don't use Cryptowall.... There are better encryption tools out there
Re: Cryptowall Virus HELP!!! by Google63(m): 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2015
Fulaman198:
I don't use Cryptowall.... There are better encryption tools out there
Cryptowall 3.0 is a virus. It deleted all my files. The criminals are asking me to pay $500 to get them back. Any idea of what I can do?
Re: Cryptowall Virus HELP!!! by ib4real95(m): 8:15pm On Aug 10, 2015
Google63:

Cryptowall 3.0 is a virus. It deleted all my files. Rise criminals are asking me to pay $500 to get them back. Any idea of what I can do?
Damn.. u been hacked bro! Did they delete ur files or locked it?
Re: Cryptowall Virus HELP!!! by ib4real95(m): 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2015
ib4real95:

Boot your laptop into safemode with networking, then login to ur system and download spyhunter. Make sure u update it to d newest version and remove malicious files.
Re: Cryptowall Virus HELP!!! by shawlxAk(m): 9:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
Tough luck ! That's a ransomware. Your files have not been deleted per se. They've only been encrypted (locked) and only the attacker has the key to decrypt (unlock) them.

Honestly, you have only one guaranteed option - re-format your computer and restore your files from backup. If you don't have a proper backup of your files, I'm afraid your only other option is to pay the ransom and hope and pray that the attacker keeps their word.

Google63:
cryptowall 3.0 deleted all the files on my system, and is asking for a ransome of $500 to recover them? who has encountered such a virus. How can I recover my files... Please help me!!!
Re: Cryptowall Virus HELP!!! by Tolzeal(m): 11:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
F#ck...
ransomware Virus.

A member of Nl once encountered this Ish .
There was no way of succession.

I'm bro, Your PC has been compromised.
Get Malware byte and do some lil thingies.

Another Solution which seem to be at hand is flaash another OS , Not windows this time.

Ubuntu.
Kali .
Re: Cryptowall Virus HELP!!! by Fulaman198(m): 12:32am On Aug 11, 2015
Google63:

Cryptowall 3.0 is a virus. It deleted all my files. Rise criminals are asking me to pay $500 to get them back. Any idea of what I can do?

I assume that you are on a Windows based system, have you tried a System restore to a previous date? What anti-virus are you running? Do you have a strong firewall? can you send me a wireshark of what's going on your network.
Re: Cryptowall Virus HELP!!! by Google63(m): 4:17am On Aug 11, 2015
ib4real95:

All my files are not just opening.
Re: Cryptowall Virus HELP!!! by Google63(m): 4:19am On Aug 11, 2015
Fulaman198:

I assume that you are on a Windows based system, have you tried a System restore to a previous date? What anti-virus are you running? Do you have a strong firewall? can you send me a wireshark of what's going on your network.
Yes I'm on a windows based system. I don't have a strong antivirus. Just downloaded spy hunter after the incident yesterday. I am not aware if I have a strong firewall.
Re: Cryptowall Virus HELP!!! by Google63(m): 5:29am On Aug 11, 2015
This is what i see in all my folders. It pops up everytime I start the system too

1 Share

Re: Cryptowall Virus HELP!!! by shawlxAk(m): 10:00am On Aug 11, 2015
Oga quit stressing yourself. If you don't have a proper backup of your files, it's a lost cause. Bitter truth.

Google63:
This is what i see in all my folders. It pops up everytime I start the system too
Re: Cryptowall Virus HELP!!! by mcdokwe(m): 3:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
Unless it has become more sophisticated, the last time I encountered a ransomeware on a client's laptop, an OS reinstall saved the day, I only installed a trusted antivirus before restoring files from windows.old

(1) (Reply)

Need A Mini Laptop !!! For Sale / Yeastar N412 4 Co Pstn Lines 12 Analog Intercom Extensions 8 Sip Pbx / Dell Core I3 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.