Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,690 members, 7,865,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:00 AM

I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo (417 Views)

I Remain Committed To Opposing The Buhari administration And APC- Fani Kayode / I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo / I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by samkay3g(m): 9:57pm On Aug 10, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said he remains a ‘party-less Nigerian’ and will continue to be a statesman. He said this on Monday at his Abeokuta Hilltop residence when a delegation from Kogi State, led by the state Governor, Captain Idris Wada (retd.), paid him a courtesy call. The former President, who was the a chairman, Board of Trustees, Peoples Democratic Party, said despite not playing active partisan politics anymore, he would continue to work with any Nigerian with capabilities of good intention and leadership traits. Obasanjo publicly tore his PDP membership card in February this year to renounce his membership of the then ruling party. He noted that personality and performance would normally rank above the party platform. He said, “We should understand first that not the party makes the person, but the person makes the party. It is who you are that you bring into the party. “For now, I remain a partyless Nigerian, but I will continue to welcome any Nigerian with good leadership qualities. “It does not matter which party you are, either PDP, APC, Labour, APGA or any party at all; as long as you are a committed, sincere and a purposeful leader, I am ready for you.” Obasanjo, who commended Wada for engendering peace in Kogi State, said he was providing purposeful leadership. He said, “Everybody is welcome, but they must be with good leadership traits, with genuine intention to improve the country.” Wada described Obasanjo as a father of the nation, stressing that those who believed in him, would continue to learn from his commitment and dedication to the growth of the country. The governor added, “Everywhere we meet Baba, we learn a lot and we shall continue to learn from him. He is a father of the nation. He is a figure we admire. “We pray that we all will be like him because he is a committed Nigerian, who has devoted himself to the growth of the country. So, why not, if some of us decide to emulate him, be with him and appreciate him?” Source : www.punchng.com/news/i-remain-partyless-but-a-statesman-obasanjo/
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by INTROVERT(f): 9:59pm On Aug 10, 2015
da godfather
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by ORACLE1975(m): 10:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
ORACLE BABA!
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by EdCure: 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2015
Way to go, chief! You can't play party politics all your life.

3 Likes

Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by p1jiobi: 10:02pm On Aug 10, 2015
U ae partyless OBJ as well as shameless, intergritlyess, no wonder u slept with your son's wife, I guess its because u ae also boundryless.
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 10, 2015
All this nonsense is geared towards crude-oil grabbing in the SS.

Confused agbalagba.
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by Young03(m): 10:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
he has said Wat his mind tels him to say
old man brain
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by slimfit2(m): 10:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
Okay, baba cum and join my "tea party'.. I could make use of ur cunning ways!
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by aariwa(m): 10:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
Helter skelter to win the votes of people he didn't impress for four years

(1) (Reply)

Japan Restarts First Nuclear Reactor Since Fukushima Meltdown / The Place Of The Party In Our Politics / N25.7bn Theft: EFCC Appeals Atuche’s Discharge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.