Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge (1397 Views)

"You Are Heating Up The Polity" - Ohanaeze To Nnamdi Kanu / Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project / Complete The 2nd Niger Bridge & Enugu Airport- Ohanaeze To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by ijustdey: 3:12am On Aug 11, 2015
From Aloysius Attah, Onitsha

The apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has urged President Muhammadu Buhari not to stop work on the second Niger Bridge but instead, ensure timely completion of the project.

President of Anambra State chapter of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Elder Chris Eluemunor, made the call at the weekend, while fielding questions from reporters in Onitsha on speculations that the project had been stalled. He said the second Niger Bridge was of immense importance, not only to the people of the South South and the South East states, but the entire nation.

Eluemunor said: “Why would anybody stop the project? Any government that tries to stop the project is an enemy of Ndigbo. That project will help travelers coming from Abuja and Lagos as well as those going to Port Harcourt, Aba and other parts of the country to get to their destination easily. Let the project go on. After all, Obasanjo told us that the project had started but nothing happened. Now that somebody has launched the project for real, I don’t think it is wise to stop it.

“If the present government does not like the contract terms, let them review it but let the project go on.”

On the delayed appointment of ministers, Eluemunor wondered whether President Buhari was looking for angels to occupy the ministerial slots. However, he appealed to Nigerians to give the President time to choose his cabinet; so that he would not have any excuse if he failed.

He said Ohanaeze wished the president well and strongly hoped that he would execute all the promises he made to Nigerians during the campaigns.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/ohanaeze-to-buhari-dont-stop-work-on-second-niger-bridge/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by olafum1(m): 3:16am On Aug 11, 2015
Ok
Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by koolpal(m): 3:18am On Aug 11, 2015
If funds for the bridge was captured in the 2015 appropriation, then i see no reason why the executive wil abandon it...

on lighter note why should Biafra expect our ZOO president do a project in the hyper-tech republic where wailing is an occupation.

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by prospero5(m): 3:21am On Aug 11, 2015
hmm
Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by bewla(m): 3:22am On Aug 11, 2015
but y are the igbo the ones crying the morre now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by citizenY(m): 3:40am On Aug 11, 2015
I have always and will continue to say that this bridge is one of the biggest scams in this country. It is a slight on the people.

Tell me any major bridge in this country that is tolled? Why should this bridge be different? There is no law that says that Abuja must very built in a day. They should revisit this matter, stop Abuja projects and use the money for this bridge. Specifically, all National Assembly projects.

I just have this sneaky feeling that a cabal cornered this project to empower their families for the duration of this PPP. Unfortunately, politics has messed everything up. Very sad indeed.

Those red capped people in Ohaneze cannot absolve themselves for this mess as it appears they failed to direct their clout in the positive direction,at least on this project. They were fiddling while the sitting government sold them a dummy. And the sectional ewarriors on this forum..... they should hold their heads understand shame. Some of them were even bold to say that their people had the money to pay the toll!!!!!.
Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by capricun: 3:47am On Aug 11, 2015
The poster above should stop speaking English and just blame GEJ for scamming his people.

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by citizenY(m): 4:00am On Aug 11, 2015
capricun:
The poster above should stop speaking English and just blame GEJ for scamming his people.

I won't. I blame Ohaneze for this ineptitude. They bought this dummy and the treachery is very clear. That is why many believe that a lot If water passed under their bridge but not the real bridge, If you know what I mean.
Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by aresa: 4:12am On Aug 11, 2015
citizenY:

I won't. I blame Ohaneze for this ineptitude. They bought this dummy and the treachery is very clear. That is why many believe that a lot If water passed under their bridge but not the real bridge, If you know what I mean.

Jonathan deceived Ndigbo on 2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze tells Buhari - Vanguard News

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/jonathan-deceived-ndigbo-on-2nd-niger-bridge-ohanaeze-tells-buhari/

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by citizenY(m): 4:30am On Aug 11, 2015
aresa:

Jonathan deceived Ndigbo on 2nd Niger Bridge, Ohanaeze tells Buhari - Vanguard News

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/jonathan-deceived-ndigbo-on-2nd-niger-bridge-ohanaeze-tells-buhari/

Thanks,, but How many Ohaneze That is,why they were fiddling!!!! I refuse to accept that Jonah deceived them as Nairaland warriors have drummed it into our ears that he did well. And they returned his "kindness ".

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by citizenY(m): 4:31am On Aug 11, 2015
aresa:

Thanks,, but How many Ohaneze That is,why they were fiddling!!!! I refuse to accept that Jonah deceived them as Nairaland warriors have drummed it into our ears that he did well. And they returned his "kindness ". Not so
Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by StOla: 4:34am On Aug 11, 2015
A people who cannot challenge their brother to do what is right and expedient, will end up praising their sworn enemy when elusive results are finally achieved.

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 5:00am On Aug 11, 2015
now that's the problem with this confused folks you abuse today and place demands tomorrow can't y'all stick yours assess where it matter most bunch of mofos trying to get on buharis good book. smh

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by MistaHumble(m): 5:05am On Aug 11, 2015
Our President is working and Nigeria is changing. One thing I love about Mr President is that he already has his plans on ground. Whether ohaneze talk from now till end time, Mr presidents agenda are already in place and the 2nd Niger bridge wasnt left out in the first place so why ranting.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by kennyman2000(m): 5:06am On Aug 11, 2015
Hmmmm...
Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by kliq(m): 5:08am On Aug 11, 2015
Biafrauds can probe the clueless drunk regards that

tongue

God bless PMB
God bless Nigerians/Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by OPCNAIRALAND: 5:14am On Aug 11, 2015
If this was Yorubaland, I trust my people....they would have worked together within the Oodua states and put up a magnificent bridge.....and tell the FG to sc.re.w itself!

When this second niger bridge was first put on paper, Kano State was a flat land. Go and check Kano today....they have built overhead, built tunnel and built carriageways.

Shame on Ibos.

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by cccxxiii: 5:17am On Aug 11, 2015
All i know is that ROCHAS OKOROCHA remains the wisest Igbo Man Alive.

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by AnambraDota: 5:17am On Aug 11, 2015
aresa:

*****grins*****

Agbameta I heard Osun and Oyo will not be receiving WAEC results this year because both states are toxically indebted to billions of Nigeria.

Agbemeta where is Osun Airport with biggest runway in subSaharan African.?

Agbemeta what is happening with Fashola's website, aren't you following Ambode with camera anymore.

Agbameta where Ogbeni your mentor, tell him Anambra need some money for their projects grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by omoelesa(m): 5:18am On Aug 11, 2015
Am begining to think may be Jeremiah in the bible is an ibo, with high lamentation that has always come from them.

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by AnambraDota: 5:22am On Aug 11, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
If this was Yorubaland, I trust my people....they would have worked together within the Oodua states and put up a magnificent bridge.....and tell the FG to sc.re.w itself!

When this second niger bridge was firat put on paper, Kano State was a flat land. Go and check Kano today....they have built overhead, built tunnel and built carriageways.

Shame on Ibos.

The same way people are dying in Oyo and Osun States over non payement of Salaries.
Osun is now an IDP camp because they are living off food donation from charitable organizations.

I will open the bridge Somebody was complaining here last week in Lagos.
Imagine a Yorubaman

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by estyvino(m): 5:57am On Aug 11, 2015
Don't worry my brothers. PMB promised, I believe he will keep it!
Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by PentiumPro(f): 6:04am On Aug 11, 2015
Yibooeheos too dey complain and always in the news for the wrong reason. It's either they are attacking, insulting Buhari today or they are begging for appointment or not to neglect them.
Why do you want another bridge to further connect you to the zoo you want out from?
Confused mofos. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by aresa: 6:05am On Aug 11, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

When this second niger bridge was firat put on paper, Kano State was a flat land. Go and check Kano today....they have built overhead, built tunnel and built carriageways.

Shame on Ibos.

Fashola built the best bridge in nigeria in less than 3 years, but after 30 years of begging everybody to build bridge for them, the so called smartest and superior people, the chest beaters and owners of Abuja and Lagos still can not build a common bridge...

You just can not help but fell sorry for the losers

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by TopGee: 6:12am On Aug 11, 2015
There is nothing like Igbos crying. They need to call the attention of the Presidency, and it seems the South West derive joy in marginalization and if given chance, they will not allow any other zone see any development in this present government.

I have heard from many Yorubas that they voted against Jonathan simply because they they were not well represented in his government, and yet they preach against sentiment. The Yorubas had been in opposition since 1960s voting along regional party and nobody accused them of voting based on ethnicity. Infact, they were the ones hailing themselves for keeping their identity, and just in 2015 their eyes got opened and they became mature in politics to realize they were playing backward politics, and the so-called regional party identity was retrogressive.

Every region was carried along during Jonathan's regime and nobody heard, 'don't give or do anything for any state or zone because they did not give him much votes'. That is maturity and democracy at work, and not the winner takes it all. But why now?

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by 1love4all: 6:35am On Aug 11, 2015
Ohaneze ndigbo
Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by PassingShot(m): 6:42am On Aug 11, 2015
Has the president ever given an indication about stopping the project?

Sure it was reported there was some issues in the way the project was awarded and the FG was going to review it. How is that a problem?

Having been scammed by GEJ with the 2nd Niger Bridge that was meant to have been completed since 2013(?) and without the Igbos making a hell of noise about it, they should be ashamed of trying to blackmail the "President of the Zoo" to do what "their son" failed to do.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by azzima(m): 6:46am On Aug 11, 2015
Did anyone notice how this old fool deftly mentioned promises Obj made but didn't mention the Drunkard that just got booted after 6 yearsthat's how these folks are......I thought they said they didn't want anything from Buhari?the crying Babies of Africa!

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by henchamb(m): 6:47am On Aug 11, 2015
OHInaEZE (thieves and kings) Please go n nyash down. You old men have never negotiated for the interest of a poor igbo man. You think this is the come and chop government of our clueless son. If you like shout from morning to night , your shouting will not change pmb plan for the 5percent. Ogoniland has taken the allocation for the 5 percent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by GstringAngela(f): 6:50am On Aug 11, 2015
Why dont they tell namdi kanu to help them build the bridge

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by size40: 6:54am On Aug 11, 2015
Which bridge are these people talking about again I thought the Igbos said GEJ has completed work on that second Niger bridge.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge by OPCNAIRALAND: 7:04am On Aug 11, 2015
AnambraDota:

The same way people are dying in Oyo and Osun States over non payement of Salaries.
Osun is now an IDP camp because they are living off food donation from charitable organizations.

I will open the bridge Somebody was complaining here last week in Lagos.
Imagine a Yorubaman

Sometimes you Ibos are just simply suicidal! I cant believe an Iboman, a refugee of civil war, a people that are classified as Internally Displaced refugees will dare open mouth and call Yorubas internally displaced.

...makes me laugh... grin grin

Abi you wan see picture of your fathers trekking with their thrash on their head all the way from Enugu to Yorubaland? Bloody beast of burden!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Magic:liar Mohammed, Try Doing This (PHOTO ) / Buhari is about to fail me / Neco Pay Your Examiners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.