Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,542 members, 7,837,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Blog Or Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Blog Or Website (901 Views)

10 Ways To Secure Your Blog or Website / Get Your Best Logo Designs From The Best Designer For Your Blog Or Website#best / How To Make Money From Your Blog Or Website Without Advertisments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blog Or Website by chiemmaxy2(m): 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2015
Can some one tell d differences between blog and website, because its very confusing...and another question should i start my website from scarth or use wordpress??... I need clear answers pls...thank u
Re: Blog Or Website by emmalexdboy(m): 3:03pm On Aug 11, 2015
Let me clear your confusion:
The difference between a blog and a website is basically the way the contents are structured.

A website is a static web page that its contents are not changed frequently. Most big brands go for websites because they don't intend to change it contents frequently.

Ever seen the home page of a bulk sms site?

Do you notice the content don't change for a very long time. That an example of a website.

That's why you always see the same thing, every time you visit their site.

To build a website, you must have the knowledge of web designing (like me) and may be a little of web development.

Web designing simply covers how your website looks and web development covers how your website works.

You get it?

A blog, on the other hand, is a website that runs in another form in which the contents can be changed frequently.

The contents are known as blog posts which are arranged in chronological order i.e the older posts are shown below while the most recent post are shown above the home page.

People that run blogs are known as bloggers.

If you intend to start a site that you don't want to change for a long time, you can go for a website. You will have to pay for the services of a website designer to this.

But if you intend start a site that you will updating frequently, go for a blog. Specifically a wordpress blog.

Besides, you can run a blog in form a website and it's prefarable for an online business, cost effective and suitable for beginners.

You can use my FREE tutorial on how you can set up your self hosted wordpress blog here: http:www.onlinebloggingincome.com

Hope this helps!
Re: Blog Or Website by chiemmaxy2(m): 7:39pm On Aug 11, 2015
emmalexdboy:
The difference between a blog and a website is basically the way the contents are structured.

A website is a static web page that its contents are not changed frequently. Most big brands go for websites because they don't intend to change it contents frequently.

Do you notice the content don't change for a very long time. That an example of a website.

To build a website, you must have the knowledge of web designing (like me) and may be a little of web development.

Web designing simply covers how your website looks and web development covers how your website works.

You get it?

A blog, on the other hand, is a website that runs in another form in which the contents can be changed frequently.

The contents are known as blog posts which are arranged in chronological order i.e the older posts are shown below while the most recent post are shown above the home page.

If you intend to start a site that you don't want to change for a long time, you can go for a website. You will have to pay for the services of a website designer to this.

But if you intend start a site that you will updating frequently, go for a blog. Specifically a wordpress blog.

Besides, you can run a blog in form a website and it's prefarable for an online business, cost effective and suitable for beginners.

You can use my FREE tutorial on how you can set up your self hosted wordpress blog here: http:www.onlinebloggingincome.com

Hope this helps!

Thank u very much
Re: Blog Or Website by emmalexdboy(m): 7:46pm On Aug 11, 2015
You are welcome.
Re: Blog Or Website by Emmysteve(m): 9:10pm On Aug 11, 2015
emmalexdboy:

You get it?

Hope this helps!
very explicit and well detailed. Thumb up
Re: Blog Or Website by emmalexdboy(m): 4:33pm On Oct 03, 2015
Emmysteve:
very explicit and well detailed. Thumb up
Thank you very much
Re: Blog Or Website by anitchec(m): 11:05pm On Oct 03, 2015
let me put your question in a different version...imagine someone asking you "whats the difference between food and rice?" food being website and rice being a blog.
My guy wy explain am give you sent you on a different confused part.
Website is a term used to categorize all kinds of web application with a set of related web pages typically served from a single web domain. the way FOOD categorizes all edible substances you consume to give the body nutrients.
Rice is an edible substance beans is an edible substance, you can compare rice and beans but not rice and food.
A blog is a discussion or an informational WEBSITE where a person or a group of people decides what is published. eg lindaikejiblog.com
A Forum is an online discussion WEBSITE where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. eg Nairaland.com

I would have just said Wordpress is a CMS app but i guess you have no idea what that mean.
A CMS is a bundle of website functions designed for people who want to own a dynamic or static website without having to go through a lot of coding pains.
There are different kinds of CMS namely:
Wordpress
Drupal
joomla
Mediawiki...and so on.
Its good practice not to use a CMS for a static website because its an overkill. imagine hiring professional cooks (not one not two) to make a cup of coffee.

A website is either dynamic or Static. Not to go into much talk...a static website is built mainly with HTML, CSS and JAVASCRIPT. a Dynamic website adds PHP to the formula.
Let me use the food terminology again, boiled white rice is static, but when tomatoes and Spices comes into the equation it becomes dynamic because then you can convert it to white rice and stew or jellof rice if you please. PHP is the tomatoes and spices.

How Clear is it now for you?

(1) (Reply)

Anyone GUY Running A Webhosting Site?? Enter Here / DO THIS AND YOU WILL RANK HIGHER IN GOOGLE FOR ANY KEYWORD / How To Get Youtube Subscribers 2017 (hack Youtube & Be Rich)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.