Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,310 members, 7,867,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:31 AM

Today's Discussion At The 8th National Assembly 11- 08 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Today's Discussion At The 8th National Assembly 11- 08 2015 (683 Views)

Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly / Remi Tinubu And Dino Melaye In A Discussion At The Plenary / First Sleeper Spotted In The 8th National Assembly (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today's Discussion At The 8th National Assembly 11- 08 2015 by obaobirin: 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2015
The Senate today under the leadership of the Senator Bukola Saraki discussed a Motion on the Unfair Trade Practices of Electricity Distribution Companies (DISCOs) in Nigeria. The motion was brought to the floor by Senator Sam Egwu (Ebonyi North). As electricity generation and distribution is a crucial development determinant, Nigerians from allover the country have high expectations in this regard.

Despite privatization of the GENCOs and DISCOs, there is still a lot of work that needs to be done to ensure that Nigerians enjoy stable electricity. In this regard, the Senate under my leadership will not relent until we see and effect change in the power industry.
The debate continues tomorrow, with the introduction of another motion bordering on this issue…

He tweeted as follows
- Senate today, took Motion on Unfair Trade Practices of Electricity Distribution Companies (DISCOs) in Nigeria by Sen Sam Egwu (Ebonyi North)
- Power is an important example of where privatization has happened and expectations for better power supply is very high.
- As part of oversight we will get to see what's actually happening after the DISCOs were bought to end the period of impunity regarding power
- Tomorrow there will be a 2nd motion on power. We'll also have a corporate hearing soon to find out where work needs to be done in the sector
- Today, the Senate discussed a Motion on the Unfair Trade Practices of Electricity Distribution Companies (DISCOs)...

What's your take this.....

Re: Today's Discussion At The 8th National Assembly 11- 08 2015 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 11, 2015
brb...
Re: Today's Discussion At The 8th National Assembly 11- 08 2015 by kulikuli26: 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
This is welcomed. Activities of DISCOS needs to be checked. Most of them are just exploiting Nigerians with all manners of fixed charges. The senate should ensure they ascertain the financial and technical competence of these organisation's. Its not enough to just demand certain services from them without understanding whether they are positioned to deliver it or not. Senate must ensure oversight functions isn't an excursion, it should really be a fact-finding exercise. Nigeria need to move forward with the right legislation. So far, bukola Saraki isn't doing bad at all. Kudos to my SP.
Re: Today's Discussion At The 8th National Assembly 11- 08 2015 by RomanDrovosek: 4:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
Anyone heard anything about that? Looks really crazy to me, I dont know what we are gonna to do with this. Someone have ideas? Tell me please, maybe i just don't understand something?https://www.naij.com/515040-senate-urges-nerc-immediately-abolish-fixed-charges-electricity-consumption.html

(1) (Reply)

Police Tear Gas Dakuku, Magnus Abe (photos) / I Will Be Ready For Pdp 2016 - Gov Adams Oshiomhole / Oba Of Egbeda Is Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.