Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa (1522 Views)

Nigeria Eyes 100th Position On Ease Of Doing Business Index / Nigeria Delegation At UN Gen Assembly In New York (Photos) / What Exactly Is The Role Of National Assembly In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by dridowu: 6:55pm On Aug 11, 2015
LAGOS: Ford Motor Companywill start assembling its best-selling Ford Rangerpickup truck in Nigeria by the fourth quarter, as it expands in Africa and the Middle East, the US automaker said on Tuesday.
The Nigerian assembly plant, in partnership with Ford dealer Coscharis Motors Limited, is the first outside South Africa, where Ford produces the Ranger for 148 markets.
"Nigeria is a priority market for us in sub-Saharan Africa," said Jeff Nemeth, the president and CEO of Ford Motor Company's business in sub-Saharan Africa.
"Depending on how Nigeria develops over time ... we are potentially looking at using our Nigerian plant to service West Africa," he told Reuters.
The auto market in Africa's biggest economyhas huge potential but retails only a small amount of new vehicles annually, Nemeth said.
He said the sector is dominated by imported used vehicles, while limited financing for consumers to buy new vehicles and the absence of an industrial policy that would encourage suppliers to set up in Nigeria have stunted growth.
The Ikeja plant near Lagos will assemble the Ford Ranger using parts and components imported from South Africa. The plant will have the capacity to assemble up to 5,000 units annually, which will be sold in Nigeria.
Ford produces 85,000 units each year in South Africa, which are sold across 24 African countries.
"It would take between 1 to 2 months to take an order, build it and deliver it within the country. If you order from overseas it would take between 4 to 6 months," Nemeth said, noting that the benefit of the Nigerian plant was being close to its customers.
Rival automakers, Renault-Nissan, South Korea's Kia Motorsand Germany's Volkswagen have announced plans to assemble vehicles in Africa's most populous nation.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/business/ford-to-start-assembly-in-nigeria-eyes-west-africa/articleshow/48442003.cms

Lalasticlala Ishilove
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by INTROVERT(f): 6:56pm On Aug 11, 2015
ok
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by Cutehector(m): 6:58pm On Aug 11, 2015
What of mercedes....
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by rifasenate11(m): 6:58pm On Aug 11, 2015
Handwork of GEJ

3 Likes

Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by Imortal001: 7:14pm On Aug 11, 2015
GOOD....
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by baralatie(m): 7:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
Cutehector:
What of mercedes....
I think if Mercedes is to come it will be through leventis!
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by Trailblazer1(m): 7:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
should we start celebrating this undecided

We have an INNOSON producing if not a better quality car in Nigeria, but guess what?
He's an Igbo man, therefore no local patronage. Not even the government to encourage and protect this indigenous initiative.
Yet we complain of a failing economy
A falling Naira
Lack of employment
Lack of industrialization. Etc

Here is an innoson and his likes with a solution to our problem but we have hypocritically turned a blind eye.

Nigerians, is this a curse

1 Like

Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by dridowu: 7:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
All what i see here is , job creation will improve and go it will favour Nigeria market
@trailbalazer1, u made a good point but i think we Nigerians are the problem of INNOSON because we like to patronise foreign product leaving out our own product . I doubt even if some of the top staff in INNOSON Motors uses it talkless of ordinary graduate trainee that works there.
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by Trailblazer1(m): 7:45pm On Aug 11, 2015
dridowu:
All what I see here is , job creation will improve and go itwill favour Nigeria market
Dumb you
They are coming to exploit us and punish us for not encouraging our own Innoson
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by Omololu007(m): 8:28pm On Aug 11, 2015
Trailblazer1:

Dumb you
They are coming to exploit us and punish us for not encouraging our own Innoson
is not a must for everybody to use innoson
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by Omololu007(m): 8:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
Dis is nice,it will create more jobs in lagos
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by Trailblazer1(m): 8:40pm On Aug 11, 2015
Omololu007:
is not a must for everybody to use innoson

Reasons for your dumb post
Omololu007:
Dis is nice,it will create more jobs in lagos
Dumb Tribalist
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by anulaxad(m): 8:42pm On Aug 11, 2015
Trailblazer1:

We have an INNOSON producing if not a better quality car in Nigeria, but guess what?
He's an Igbo man, therefore no local patronage. Not even the government to encourage and protect this indigenous initiative.
A falling Naira
Lack of employment

Here is an innoson and his likes with a solution to our problem but we have hypocritically turned a blind eye.

Before the election when the majority or people were not blinded by bigotry like you, people spoke responsibly.

You who supports Jonathan, what did he do for 6 years to promote innoson, while, in Lagos center of the opposition APC, they were investing in innoson buses innoson bin trucks or have you forgotten. lipsrsealed
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by Trailblazer1(m): 8:46pm On Aug 11, 2015
anulaxad:

Before the election when the majority or people were not blinded by bigotry like you, people spoke responsibly.

You who supports Jonathan, what did he do for 6 years to promote innoson, while, in Lagos center of the opposition APC, they were investing in innoson buses innoson bin trucks or have you forgotten. lipsrsealed
I would have given a good reply if you made sense undecided

1 Like

Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by Omololu007(m): 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2015
Trailblazer1:

Reasons for your dumb post
Dumb Tribalist
men u are so stup!d and useless.so because of innoson,oda foreign companies should not invest in Nigeria..fool why don't u ask d federal govt to send shell,mobil,chevron etc away so we will hav only Nigerian companies incharge.
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by anulaxad(m): 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2015
Trailblazer1:

I would have given a good reply if you made sense undecided

grin grin grin grin, which part may I ask did you not comprehend.

Is it because I have spoken some truth and you find it hard to justify your previous silly statement.

Ok, if you didn't understand what I wrote before I will summarise it up:

I think that you are a hypocrite for still supporting Jonathan, while he did nothing to boost locally produced Innoson vehicles, yet the same party APC that you continuously attack are the only one that I have recorded who have invested in Innoson especially in Lagos.
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by Trailblazer1(m): 9:07pm On Aug 11, 2015
Omololu007:
men u are so stup!d and useless.so because of innoson,oda foreign companies should not invest in Nigeria..fool why don't u ask d federal govt to send shell,mobil,chevron etc away so we will hav only Nigerian companies incharge.

I won't dignify you with a response

I'd rather refer you to Ngeneukwunu, to teach you the economic significance undecided
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
Trailblazer1:

A falling Naira
Lack of employment

Innoson is not advertising aggressively. If he does, he has what it takes to break into Nigerian market full time. He also can get banks to give loans to workers and be deducting same over years..... His main problem sha is advertising.
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 11, 2015
anulaxad:

Is it because I have spoken some truth and you find it hard to justify your previous silly statement.

I think that you are a hypocrite for still supporting Jonathan, while he did nothing to boost locally produced Innoson vehicles, yet the same party APC that you continuously attack are the only one that I have recorded who have invested in Innoson especially in Lagos.

You don't know what you are saying bro!! As far as 2 years ago, some Abuja metro buses were acquired from Innoson. Many Ministries also bought their 4 x 4. If you have anyone with keen eyes in Abj, ask him /her.
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by aresa: 9:11pm On Aug 11, 2015
dridowu:
LAGOS: Ford Motor Companywill start assembling its best-selling Ford Rangerpickup truck in Nigeria by the fourth quarter, as it expands in Africa and the Middle East, the US automaker said on Tuesday.
The Nigerian assembly plant, in partnership with Ford dealer Coscharis Motors Limited, is the first outside South Africa, where Ford produces the Ranger for 148 markets.
"Nigeria is a priority market for us in sub-Saharan Africa," said Jeff Nemeth, the president and CEO of Ford Motor Company's business in sub-Saharan Africa.
"Depending on how Nigeria develops over time ... we are potentially looking at using our Nigerian plant to service West Africa," he told Reuters.
The auto market in Africa's biggest economyhas huge potential but retails only a small amount of new vehicles annually, Nemeth said.
He said the sector is dominated by imported used vehicles, while limited financing for consumers to buy new vehicles and the absence of an industrial policy that would encourage suppliers to set up in Nigeria have stunted growth.
The Ikeja plant near Lagos will assemble the Ford Ranger using parts and components imported from South Africa. The plant will have the capacity to assemble up to 5,000 units annually, which will be sold in Nigeria.
Ford produces 85,000 units each year in South Africa, which are sold across 24 African countries.
"It would take between 1 to 2 months to take an order, build it and deliver it within the country. If you order from overseas it would take between 4 to 6 months," Nemeth said, noting that the benefit of the Nigerian plant was being close to its customers.
Rival automakers, Renault-Nissan, South Korea's Kia Motorsand Germany's Volkswagen have announced plans to assemble vehicles in Africa's most populous nation.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/business/ford-to-start-assembly-in-nigeria-eyes-west-africa/articleshow/48442003.cms

Lalasticlala Ishilove

Eko/SW o ni baje o....
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by Omololu007(m): 9:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
Trailblazer1:

I won't dignify you with a response

I'd rather refer you to Ngeneukwunu, to teach you the economic significance undecided
to hell wit ur economic significance.so because we want innoson to grow,we won't let private companies to com into Nigeria.is just lik sayin shoprite should not com into Nigeria.if innoson can't compete den nah him problem b dat not mine
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by Omololu007(m): 9:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
mykl01:

You don't know what you are saying bro!! As far as 2 years ago, some Abuja metro buses were acquired from Innoson. Many Ministries also bought their 4 x 4. If you have anyone with keen eyes in Abj, ask him /her.
so we should not let oda pple com in because of innoson,if innoson can't compete den let him close his plant

1 Like

Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by Omololu007(m): 9:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
anulaxad:

d guy mumu die,he does not want oda pple to compete wit innoson.is just lik sendin etisalat,mtn and airtel packin because of GLO
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by Splashme: 9:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
Nigeria would have been very
great under GEJ

1 Like

Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 11, 2015
Trailblazer1:

A falling Naira
Lack of employment

When the hoe-bi of hoe-nitsha starts using innoson then we will follow suit
Re: Ford Motor To Start Assembly In Nigeria, Eyes West Africa by dustmalik: 10:32pm On Aug 11, 2015
Investors are now confident in Nigeria, all thanks to Buhari's visit to the US.

God Bless PMB

God Bless Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Plans To Have Army Base Outside Biafra Land(yoruba land) / Group Urges Igbos To Have Faith In President Buhari’s Govt / Northerners Stance On One Nigeria, Pre-independence - FREDERICK FORSYTH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.