Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo (gcfr) Visits Landmark University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Former President Olusegun Obasanjo (gcfr) Visits Landmark University (789 Views)

Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" / Bishop David Oyedepo Visits Landmark University With His Wife / Landmark University In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo (gcfr) Visits Landmark University by DangotePikin: 7:07pm On Aug 11, 2015
The Chancellor and Chairman Board of Regents, Dr. David Oyedepo, Management, Staff with expressed delight beaming from all sundries warmly received former President Olusegun Obasanjo (GCFR) to Landmark University on a special visit.

In her welcome remarks, the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Aize Obayan counted it a great privilege to host the former President and echoed the importance of the visit which was towards sharing best practices in actualizing the Agrarian Mandate of the University. She further stated that the contributions of the former President to Agriculture were landmarks and legacy that Nigeria will never forget. Making reference to Obasanjo Farms in Ota, Ogun State, she noted that General Obasanjo has been driving food security with deep passion, not just in Nigeria but the entire continent of Africa. She enjoined him to enjoy his stay, as the serene environment of the University provides an escape from the hustle and the bustle of the city.

In his response, the former President expressed appreciation to the Chancellor for establishing Landmark University, stating that agricultural enterprise stems from land clearing, manufacturing, to providing food on the table. He pointed out that the solution to unemployment among the nation’s teaming youth lies in agro business. He profoundly expressed delight to be at Landmark University.

The Chancellor, in his remarks thanked the former President for the visit. While highlighting the qualities, which endeared him to General Obasanjo for many years, he stated that he is someone who is always ready to help and make people feel human. He appreciated the Vice-Chancellor for facilitating a smooth hospitable reception of the former President.

At a later forum, the Director, Landmark University Farms, Dr. John Izebere led the former President, his entourage, the Chancellor and some members of the University Management on a facility tour to the Commercial farm, where General Obasanjo offered guidance on how the operations of the farm chain of production could be improved upon. While giving his impression on the farm, he noted also that “It is both pleasant and heart-warming to go round the University farm. I am most impressed with the overall commitment of the proprietor to agro-business and the enthusiasm of the farm director and staff. In totality, it is exemplary and worthy of emulation. “

http://lmu.edu.ng/news/former-president-olusegun-obasanjo-gcfr-visits-landmark-university#.Vco5aEO1keE

http://lmu.edu.ng/news/general-olusegun-obasanjo-ends-two-days-working-visit#.Vco5aEO1keE
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo (gcfr) Visits Landmark University by INTROVERT(f): 7:07pm On Aug 11, 2015
okay
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo (gcfr) Visits Landmark University by oluwadanie1(m): 7:26pm On Aug 11, 2015
This introvert ed girl don reach here sha...

Anyway op, you for show pishures na...
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo (gcfr) Visits Landmark University by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 11, 2015
BABA IYABO.
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo (gcfr) Visits Landmark University by amokeme(f): 8:16am On Aug 17, 2015
Didn't know prof. Obayan is now the vice chancellor shocked of landmark university undecided
Oh well...,
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo (gcfr) Visits Landmark University by DangotePikin: 6:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
amokeme:
Didn't know prof. Obayan is now the vice chancellor shocked of landmark university undecided
Oh well...,
let me shock you. Reports reaching me suggests that Fadugba is the new DVC of Landmark University.
Re: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo (gcfr) Visits Landmark University by amokeme(f): 12:14am On Sep 16, 2015
DangotePikin:
let me shock you. Reports reaching me suggests that Fadugba is the new DVC of Landmark University.
well he is still a lecturer here smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Be A Web Developer/programmer Bt Studied Sociology / Statisticians VS Mathematicians. / University Of Ilorin Agriculture Department 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.